Union Pacific Branch Layout

AusPete

Finally starting to make some progress on my HO scale Union Pacific branch layout.
It has been almost 12 months since joining the forum and I am only just starting to get into putting in some serious scenery in the yard / industrial areas.
Will post more as progress continues

This first one is the fuel depot

Fuel Depot.JPG

Small loco servicing shed

Loco Servicing.JPG

and a few in the industrial / yard area

IMG_1360.JPG

IMG_1363.JPG

IMG_1368.JPG

IMG_1370.JPG

Finally starting to make some progress on my HO scale Union Pacific branch layout.
It has been almost 12 months since joining the forum and I am only just starting to get into putting in some serious scenery in the yard / industrial areas.

View attachment 163709

View attachment 163711

View attachment 163712

View attachment 163713

View attachment 163714

View attachment 163715
Looking good, really nice work you've done here.

View attachment 163709

View attachment 163711

View attachment 163712

View attachment 163713

View attachment 163714

View attachment 163715
Looks great, is that painted sheet rock backdrop or what type of material is your light blue backing?

Finally got the basic ground cover scenery finished in the back corner of the industrial area around the timber retailers
I will add some further ground detailing later with some static grass and a few puddles lying around
IMG_1392.JPG

IMG_1393.JPG

Also started planting a few trees around the place

IMG_1388.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1364.JPG
    IMG_1364.JPG
    664.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1369.JPG
    IMG_1369.JPG
    783.6 KB · Views: 59
Looks great mate - what tree's do you use, they look very good to me and more realistic than most!

The second picture above kinda reminds me of the Spencer Street (Melbourne) Yard - a little bit.

Bought and made these a long time ago but I'm pretty sure they are Woodland Scenics trees

Any resemblance to Spencer Street must be ingrained memories stuck in my head. It has been a long time since my last visit to Spencer Street
I'll put it down to pure luck

Any resemblance to Spencer Street must be ingrained memories stuck in my head. It has been a long time since my last visit to Spencer Street
I'll put it down to pure luck
Might be me too as it's been probably 6 or so years since I saw Flinders and Spencer Street. I dunno, your pic just has a Spencer Street feel to it :) Could be Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth too for all I know :)

Hmm, they look too good to be woodlands stuff - but if you bought the armatures and made them yourself that would explain it - nice job 👍 🍻

Might be me too as it's been probably 6 or so years since I saw Flinders and Spencer Street. I dunno, your pic just has a Spencer Street feel to it :) Could be Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth too for all I know :)

Hmm, they look too good to be woodlands stuff - but if you bought the armatures and made them yourself that would explain it - nice job 👍 🍻
Thanks Wombat. Yes they were Woodland Scenics armatures and I added the foliage

Very well done!

Like your work station. I need to figure something like that out. I have chaos all over that needs organization!
Hi Mike,
The workstation is actually a set of draws holding my freight cars that are currently not in use and the laptop is used to run a program I've written to schedule the delivery and pickup of cars, schedule maintenances and refuelling of locomotives and to allocate time for the inloading of tank cars and hoppers.

I have decided to bite the bullet and revamp the town scene area of the layout as well as eliminating the need for a helix down to the lower deck staging tracks. My main concern was the ongoing maintenance requirements of the helix and the access restrictions as my age progresses.
This is the area concerned before the redesign.

IMG_0977.JPG

IMG_0978.JPG

IMG_0979.JPG

IMG_0980.JPG

The newly redesigned area now has the mainline departing over the bridge to run behind the main street of the town, across a removable section across the side door to the garage (which we rarely use) on to the new staging tracks on a shelf on the back wall

IMG_1544.JPG

IMG_1545.JPG

IMG_1546.JPG

IMG_1547.JPG

IMG_1548.JPG

IMG_1549.JPG

Back