Recent content by AndyD

1. A

The decline in the number of model railroaders?

I live in Northern Nevada in this area I know of about 100 guys and gals that are model railroaders anywhere from Z up to G. The club I belong to has an HO scale layout, N scale layout and 2ft gauge. We have approx 22 paid members of which 7-9 are active. Our dues are $36.00 a years. The 2ft...
  2. A

DCC and turnouts

Sorry it took so long' Thank you
  3. A

DCC and turnouts

Thank you.
  4. A

DCC and turnouts

I have a quick question. I'm ordering track for my layout and I'm not sure what to order insulated or non-insulated turnouts. Any suggestions on which I should order? Thank you
  5. A

My NC Mainline Running Class 1 Layout in HO

Great work! Would love to see more close ups.
  6. A

My first Layout - a 5' x 9' Modern BNSF Freelance

Thanks for the answer. I'm debating between a form core or ply wood top. Since I have never worked with form core how easy is it to cut in half? Did you use a knife or a special type of saw? I'm also planning on a 5x9 modular more for storage than for portability.
  7. A

Once again beautiful work. I do have one question how did you attack the track to the form core?
  8. A

Simple 4x8 layout

Nice work, thanks posting photo's.
  9. A

You do great work. Thank you for sharing.
  10. A

SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller

Hi Mixy, thanks for the help on setting the table size. I already have 2 slightly different layouts designed.
  11. A

SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller

Hi I was wondering is there away to enter a table size? I'm planning on building a 4x8 layout? Thank you
  12. A

Great job! When you start your expansion please post more photo's. Enjoy
  13. A

HO track which brand, type

Thanks again for all of the info. I've decided to go with the code 83 nickle silver track. If my old engines won't work then I will either switch out the wheels or just put them on display
  14. A

HO track which brand, type

Thank you for all of the posts. I will be going with nickel silver, I just have to decide on which code. All of my newer engines can run on code 83. I have several engines from approx 20 years ago that I would like to also run on the layout I'm just not sure if they can on code 83. I guess I...
  15. A

Virginia & Truckee RR

I know this is an older thread but I have two books I can recommend for people who are interested in the V&T. The first is "The Silver Short Line" by Wurm & Demoro, and "Virginia & Truckee The Bonanza Road" by Mallory Hope Ferrell. Enjoy

Back