Simple 4x8 layout

logandsawman

Just thought I would throw this out there, after seeing almost my identical plan on the SCARM plans in TT,

http://www.scarm.info/layouts/track_plans.php?ltp=13

here is how it can look in HO with a few modifications, a good beginner 4' x 8':

IMG_4628.JPG

Note I added a couple industry spurs: The logging application at the far end, and the sawmill at the near end. I put a little wavy thing in the track, the controller is hid under the little gray foam hill, and the controls for the switches are hid under the longer green hill next to the controller.

IMG_4627.JPG

Here is a different view showing some of the buildings. I added some more stuff, a gang crew putting in a new section of track, in an open area on the top of this one but didn't get it in a picture.

Here is the logging operation at the far end, with an authentically modelled jammer:

IMG_4474.JPG

After filling this up with stuff, I was able to sell the track as affixed to the board and move on to a larger flex track operation!

This is a good "practice" plan, or would be something the kids can work on. Anyway, I hope this gives someone some ideas! More photo's in my albums.

logandsawman

Back