Selector
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings Model Railroad Photo Gallery About

• Selector
      This, unfortunately, is an instance where you MUST mock it up and do trials. Trains trailing behave differently from trains shoving...
    • Selector
      Wow, look at all them handlaid turnouts!! :p I use the same system and have used several of them on consecutive layouts. They are...
    • Selector
      Selector replied to the thread Layout Design Help!?!.
      I prefer around-the-room because I'm always looking at scenery behind the tracks. I paint a backdrop, then build the benchwork to suit...
    • Selector
      Selector replied to the thread Under the lake.
      Any plaster will work, even wall patching compound if you have some lying around and you'd love to put it to use. Just make darned...
    • Selector
      Selector replied to the thread Layout Design Help!?!.
      It depends on your girth, or butt size if that helps. Most older male adults would be happy with about 28", give or take a coupla...
    • Selector
      Selector replied to the thread HO Curves.
      This is an unanswerable question as it stands. We don't know the room you have for a layout, what track configuration you're using...
    • Selector
      If there is a grade there, it is a typical gradual railway slope. Maybe 1.6%, but it's hard to tell since the video doesn't show much...
    • Selector
      Selector replied to the thread Rerailers?.
      I don't have any. That's my self-imposed penalty for crappy track-laying. It forces me to contend practically with poor trackage. I...
    • Selector
      In order to ensure better contact with the rails, I would make both the locomotive and the tender considerably heavier. Tenders...
    • Selector
      Selector replied to the thread DCC on DC.
      Modern decoders since about 2005 have all been 'dual mode' so that they could claim that they comply with NMRA specifications for DCC...
    • Selector
      Selector replied to the thread balast options.
      Playground sand is not very costly, and you can always use the other 90% of what comes in the store-bought 40 pound bag for leveling...
    • Selector
      Selector replied to the thread Small Layouts.
      We can't/shouldn't answer this for you. This hobby, like all hobbies, is intensely emotional and personal, and is intended to help YOU...
    • Selector
      Selector replied to the thread Loco Brand Performance.
      Honestly, every time I introduce a new locomotive to the layout, diesel or steam makes no difference, the newcomer finds a small section...
    • Selector
      Selector replied to the thread DCC trouble shooting.
      We need to know what 'loses power' means. Do the engines just stall, does the system beep and cut off track power...what? I think it...
    • Selector
      The phase conflict is verbotten for all things electrical. It creates a short which allows full circuit amperage to course through the...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Back