What Other Hobbies do you have?

vato loco

Just a Foolish Saint!
What other hobbies do you enjoy?

For Me RC trucks, Keeping a salt water fish tank, and Air softing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Other hobbies? Don't get me started. :rolleyes:

I do quite a bit of cycling which means that I have a few bicycles and they do set me back in the pocket book pretty good. :eek: I do quite a bit of racing too so that is my primary hobby.

I also enjoy riding motorcycles and I only have one of those although, here we go again, a little on the pricey side. Saves on gas during the nicer weather months.

I should find inexpensive hobbies but, I love the ones I have now so no real need to change. :D

No particular order...

HO MRR
Photography
Fishing (Salt, Fresh, Fly and spear)
Traveling
Railfanning
Competition Shooting
Camaros
Drag Racing (chevy)
Wood Shop
SCUBA Diving
JL Camaro collecting
Home Improvements
US History including RRs
Off Road 4x4 in my Avalanche

that should some it up...

Rebuilding Chevy trucks

IM000509.jpg

and collecting old bikes

IM000511-2.jpg

Most of my spare time is spent at fencing practices and tournaments.
I also participate in a few renaissance faires in the summer.

But both of these are more of a way of life than hobbies for me :)

Fishing,,, for sea fish and freshwater Pike, when i get time

everything that revolves around MR'ing

I like a bit of history, and if it involves dark holes in the ground, even better

Besides model railroading, my 'other' passion is collecting classic movies.
Used to be cross-country skiing until I blew my right knee out ten years ago while traversing the East Sierra country. Luckily my son was with me and helped the old man back to the car. 'Twas not a pretty sight. Tommy kept grinning that we might have become the Donner Party all over again. I just groaned and told him to head for the nearest Emergency Room that had a BIG supply of Percodan.

Tom :D

Building cars and drag racing is about the only other one I have right now. Had one of the fastest stock block 4cyl cars in the country last year but had to sell it.:(

Hoping to take back up hunting and fishing when the kids get older.

I,m a very keen motorcyclist, I like photography, which helps with my other hobbies,that are , railroads,and military aircraft,both modern and historic.
Ronzzr11

Ron Have i seen you out and about lineside when there's a steam special through, i take it you have a ZZR1100, not silver by any chance

African ciclids!!!!! They will be full grown in a few months around 4 incehs each. THey are from lake malawi in african and mbunas or rock dwellers.... not pictured is my 14 inch and 6 inch plecotomus aka algea eater. :D
100_1884.jpg

100_1879.jpg

100_1874.jpg

100_1873.jpg

100_1865.jpg

100_1851.jpg

100_1850.jpg

Me too! I had a african cichlid tank, damn fish breed out of control!LOL's I couldn't give them away. I had Yellow Labs, aratus, cobolt blues, and a few other's! My 90 got full of fish quick and if I was lucky to unload the babys on some LFS. the damn thing made more.....It was nice......Now I'm in to salt water fish man the learning I have to do OMG! But it's worth it I just need to get a chiller next for the tank!:D

Nice fish, Mike. I've got a freshwater 50 gallon but it's all community fish. I used to have a real agressive tank with cichlids, tinfoils, convicts, etc. I liked the look of those fish but replacing the ones that the others killrd got pretty expensive over time.

My hobbies have dropped way off since I retired. I still like to scuba dive when I get the chance and enjoy travel, especially to places most people don't go. I do a bit of gardening and a lot of reading, especially history. Just finished up a history of Alabama and I now know a lot more about my adopted state. Oh, yeah, I am still a ham radio operator but, except for a handheld 2 meter radio, I've gotten rid of the rest of my ham gear since I'm not much into that any longer.

Me too! I had a african cichlid tank, damn fish breed out of control!LOL's I couldn't give them away. I had Yellow Labs, aratus, cobolt blues, and a few other's! My 90 got full of fish quick and if I was lucky to unload the babys on some LFS. the damn thing made more.....It was nice......Now I'm in to salt water fish man the learning I have to do OMG! But it's worth it I just need to get a chiller next for the tank!:D
I would love to get salt water fish but travel alot and dont know anyone with the ability to feed and mantain while away.love to see some pics when you get it all setup.

For one reason or other some how, I'm having troubles posting a pic here right now. It says the web site is having troubles, I tried posting the pic's on another forum and it workds so I'll try tomarrow here might have better luck....... I have some real nice shot's of my african tank! trust me drool city! The salt tank is slowly coming along. I need 50# more live rock, and I'm over stocked on animal's in the 75 gal...the salt water community Police is up in arms about my bio load!LOL's Their right though, The Orbital Bat, Fox face, and bi colored pariot fish gets them going!LOL's If I want to start a flame war all I have to do is post a pic of them together in my 75 gal there!ROFLMAO

Nice fish, Mike. I've got a freshwater 50 gallon but it's all community fish. I used to have a real agressive tank with cichlids, tinfoils, convicts, etc. I liked the look of those fish but replacing the ones that the others killrd got pretty expensive over time.

My hobbies have dropped way off since I retired. I still like to scuba dive when I get the chance and enjoy travel, especially to places most people don't go. I do a bit of gardening and a lot of reading, especially history. Just finished up a history of Alabama and I now know a lot more about my adopted state. Oh, yeah, I am still a ham radio operator but, except for a handheld 2 meter radio, I've gotten rid of the rest of my ham gear since I'm not much into that any longer.

Jim what's in Alabama? We went to Yazoo Mississippi few years back to visit my brother and sister in law, and I under stand why the eagle fly upside down over that state! From what I seen all that state offers is gambling and prison time! only jobs i seen was in cotton, gambling, nissan factory, or jail!LOL's I might be wrong but that's all i seen!:eek:

the salt water community Police is up in arms about my bio load!LOL's

just wondering how much maintenance you do on your ciclid tank. All I do is change the pads in my bio wheel filter and top of the tank. no water changes or anything, but the parameters stay great. I guess there is enough bacteria in the 4 inch deep bed and 35 pounds of texas holey rock to keep up the 10 fish and two plecos. I havent lost a fish in three years which included a move just wondering because everything you read whines about persistant water changes.

I've got WAY to many hobbies..... Ham radio (just my handheld at the moment, thought), four wheeing (got a 4x4 Bronco II), NASCAR (going to the June race in Michigan), weather watching (CANWARN weather spotter, kind of tied into my hamming....), I collect hot wheels (realistic ones, just scored a sweet new release GT500 Shelby Mustang and 08 Ford Focus) and matchbox cars too....

I still play PS2 and WII in my spare time too.....

Back