WPF: 03-07/08/09-08, Windy?

BNSF dude

BNSF foamer
Hey hey, its that time again, lets see those pictures now, I don't have any so far but my tapes for my MiniDV cam are getting full and the fact that I don't have FireWire doesnt help with uploading them.

Okee doke. :D

Allegheny 1641 lumbers up the 150 lb rail spur to Sentinel Coal Mine's small yard towing needed supplies, and it will ferry some loaded coal hoppers down to Seneca Falls sub on the return trip.

Black & White them for me this week.

IMG_1816cadjgreyr.jpg

A couple of shots of the F.D.Works building that is nearly complete, still needs 7 more figures inside and on the sidewalk and some pigeons on the roof. The figures on the sidewalk are poised for a photographer which is why they are roughly lined up (or will be) in front of the business.

Started my first even custom job/bashing if you will. I've wanted to do a shoving platform for the last few weeks. But at the time didn't know where to start till I ordered 2 blue box bay window cabooses. My plan originally was to find a flat car and just put the caboose body ontop. It wan't till i got the caboose and a flat car that I noticed the caboose was a lil to narrow. I didn't want to get into hacking the caboose in half or the flat. So I started looking at more pics and decided to hack the caboose shell into pieces and use 3 of the pieces. When this was done i'de have to modify the frame to accept the little locking piece and part of the outer shell. Did that and test fit the body. Everything works and fits pretty good. But now comes the hard part for me. Getting the green putty/filler in to fix the gaps from cutting it up. I used an exacto miter box and small clamps but couldn't keep it straight.

Here's some pics
What it started out as.
shovingplatformbefore.png

What it ended up becoming (used 2 strips of styrene inside to hold the 3 sections together)
shovingplatformcutup.jpg

Modified frame (cut off toolbox and filled it in, made new mounting hole for body)
shovingplatformframeunderside.jpg

And now partially finished project. I still need to cut the lead weight up to fit it under the body shell.
shovingplatformframed.jpg

I'll probably finish more of it up tomorrow. Supposed to get ALOTTT of rain here in NJ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some WSOR boxcars. I bought the Athearn 60th over a month ago, and picked up the breast cancer research car today. Surprisingly, even though athearn is donating a portion of the sales from the breast cancer research car, it was $2 cheaper then the 60th car! :confused:

Nice work everyone. I finished up some "heritage" locomotives for the Rock Island.

The entire fleet:
img1674bl9.jpg

Alco C415, GP7, GP38-2, U33B, U30C.

The GP7 - an Atlas model, not painted by me.
img1698fz3.jpg

img1702ax6.jpg

img1699qu2.jpg

The C415 and U33B project photos are posted in a separate thread.

WOW! Great weekend again!

You guys are the best. Lots fo great pics. Keep them coming.
mdcustom your work is amazing. Well done. Zephyr, nice weathering

I don't have much time (what's new) so I went downstairs and took a few pictures, rather too quickly as it turned out. Out of focuse a bit. Sorry about that.

Gotta run...

20083815855_Chambly%20A.JPG

20083815945_Chambly%20B.JPG

20083815113_Chambly%20DDD.JPG

200838151155_Chambly%20EEE.JPG

B30-7 MTS 1991 on her way to Grand Gravel Co. with two fresh loads of cement for the GGC batch plant.

mts1991c.jpg

The lokie is an N scale Bachmann.and the two cement hoppers are by ATLAS.I just finished the two hoppers,but have 3 more that are 3 bay that need trucks.

Had to work this morning and do some jobs round the house early afternoon but i did get an hour in mid afternoon.

Afternoons hour

Added some ground cover to the embankments ready for the trees.

STA50035.jpg

STA50034.jpg

Evenings hour

Planted some trees and added mud to the side of the road and a few puddles here and there.

STA50004.jpg

STA50001.jpg

STA50002.jpg

STA50011-1.jpg

My favourite

STA50008.jpg

John
RJR

Bob, nice composition and color. I love the attention to all the small details.

Cranadall, nice engine and the B&W is interesting. It almost looks like a snow scene.

Zephyr, nice paint and weathering on that fleet.

MLW, your pictures look fine. Nice engines and rolling stock amd I like the different levels of the rhght of way.

Johnathan, good start on your landscaping.

busy busy

Here's my start on a new project it wont be an exact copy but close enough for me. Now where did I put those doors and windows?

Everyones stuff is looking good this week. With all this rain most of us are getting, we are all happily stuck in side build models.:D

John, I'm liking the scenery you started.

Radar, that project looks like it will turn out great.

Here's my contribution this week.
I finished the Walther's Wooden Coal Tower a couple night ago and did the finishing touch ups tonight.

View attachment 8982

View attachment 8983

View attachment 8984

View attachment 8985

I liked this kit and how it turn out. I added lighting to it so the night work crew can see what they're doing. I'll try to get pix of the night shot up later.
I have a progress thread here.

Fine pics and modeling as usual everyone!

Zephyr, that grimy Rock Island loco lineup looks great. :cool:

MLW, I'm digging the CN. What a great job modeling and a cool prototype. :cool:

Here's a shot from the Platte Canyon Sub. Two GP7s push hard on the rear of a heavy coal drag to boost it up one of the Platte Canyon mining district's 3%grades.
2319480795_774ab4631f_o.jpg

Added just a bit more scenery and caulked down the track on one half of the layout. I need to weather the barn, it's a bit too plain.
Snow027.png

Snow004.jpg

Say grande,
Nice shot. Is that the Walther's new river mine up on that hill? If it is how did you modify it? And do you have more pix of it? I'm looking to start building that soon and I might have to chop it down to fit in my area.

Back