Does anyone else model BNSF and/or have a BNSF MRR?

same with me, i model modern day BNSF in stevens pass. I have a few UP locomotives, as i am a prototype modeler, so i am required to have them. As there is a UP interchange on stevens pass my model railroad is called BNSF scenic sub. You got a mrr?

Austin, you know I do. Here are some of my incomplete fleet:
IMG_3161.png

IMG_1714.png

IMG_0858.png

IM002251.png

Boy I got a lot to still do to detail all of these engines not to mention converting them to DCC. I have a lot more too.

Last edited by a moderator:
My current and next layout is a freelanced shortline which is also a bridge route for BNSF. Location-wise, it's sort of based on the old I&R Railink, on the west bank of the Mississippi. In my MRR world, BNSF uses us when the river overflows and messes up their trackwork....

:D

Kennedy

I'm sort of with Kennedy on this .......I model MRL, but MRL is a bridge route for BNSF traffic across Montana. So I run a lot of BNSF stuff even though I don't claim to actually model BNSF. I run BNSF unit trains (coal, intermodal, and grain) which is what I see here......no local BNSF stuff, they're just passing through.

Last edited by a moderator:
kennedy, i like that idea, and same with you MRLdave. I mostly model there unit intermodal trains on my layout, but it has locals, mixed freights, manifests, and coal trains as well.

Zak, i know you were planning on attending my first op session on my layout sometime this summer, well i got some more stuff to add to the layout.

In the past month i have saved up the money to get all the throttles and another full unit intermodal train.

It will consist of 6 Digitrax DT300 infaready throttles, and two DT90 infaready wireless receivers mounted on the ceiling. So the throttles will be wireles.. And i still currently only have 8 engines, but i will be adding one of my DC units to the roster, but i will be puting a DCC decoder in it. So im going to need alot of those 6 axle units of yours for the first session. Let me know if thats ok.

thanks
Austin

oh yeah zak, and i got one amtrak p42, so that other on i see in those pics would be nice so wwe could run the amtrak empire builder too.

thanks again
Austin

haha sorry zak, one more thing, can you PM me or email me a list of your locomotives so i can choose which ones i would like to add to the first sessions roster. Thanks

I modeled BNSF from about 1997-2004. Then I came to my senses and realized that I wanted to model something cool and not have to be restricted to a specific prototype.

bsmnwbnczne6.jpg

bsmsebnsfpq9.jpg

I'm sort of with Kennedy on this .......I model MRL, but MRL is a bridge route for BNSF traffic across Montana. So I run a lot of BNSF stuff even though I don't claim to actually model BNSF. I run BNSF unit trains (coal, intermodal, and grain) which is what I see here......no local BNSF stuff, they're just passing through.

You are doing exactly what I am doing. My main railroad is MRL too. Here is a link to a page that a buddy of mine is doing for me. It's a link from his webpage:
http://mullanpass.googlepages.com/zaksmrl

Zak

My Roster of Locomotives is,
BNSF AC44 5608 w/ SND/DCC
BNSF SD40-2 6332 w/ SND/DCC
AMTK F40PH 400 DC to be SND/DCC
MRL SD40-2 350 DC to be DCC
ATSF/SP GP40X 3805 Kodachrome DCC
I have more but its too long... I have my own Fictional Railroad called MNT.

Operationally, the run-through allows me to run the big stuff (not to mention the odd UP, CSX, NS, etc.) locomotive on the BNSF run-throughs. Those trains appear, make a lap or two, then leave. The locals have to plan around them, and gives another operating element to a session. A bit different from seeing the same stuff all the time....

On my layout now, there is a BNSF intermodal with a GP60M, GP60B, B40-8W (all in Warbonnet) pulling a bunch of well cars on one track, while the other has the shortline local......

Kennedy

On my layout now, there is a BNSF intermodal with a GP60M, GP60B, B40-8W (all in Warbonnet) pulling a bunch of well cars on one track, while the other has the shortline local......

Kennedy

Come on Kennedy, what good is telling us about it.......We want to see pictures!

Back