Does anyone else model BNSF and/or have a BNSF MRR?

I Model the BNSF. I do not have a layout but I do collect alot of BNSF Locomotives.
BN 1709 GP9,BNSF 2257 GP38-2,BNSF 2094 GP38-2.
HOTrains001.png

My bookshelf. From top to bottom.
BN Executives.
BN 9580,BN 9615 SD70MAC's.
HOTrains002.png

BNSF 8802,BNSF 9959 SD70MAC's.
BNSF 6821,BNSF 7835 SD40-2's.
HOTrains003.png

BNSF 5624,BNSF 5608 AC4400CW.
BNSF 5615,BNSF 8258 AC4400CW/SD75M.
HOTrains004.png

BNSF 5612,BNSF 963 AC4400CW/C44-9W.
HOTrains005.png

BNSF 2099 GP38-2.
HOTrains006.png

Here are two more.
BNSF 8213 SD75M.
HOTrains007.png

BNSF 9838 SD70MAC.
HOTrains008.png

And here is my entire BNSF Locomotive fleet.
HOTrains014.png

HOTrains012.png

Late.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey zak, im repainting all of my old athearn blue box dash 9 shells, and one of my genesis SD75I's into Heritage II paint, and one Low nose dash 8 into BN paint scheme with BNSF patch, i dont know if they will all be done before the first op this summer, but if they are, i may only need you to bring a few of your locomtives, but your welcome to bring as many as you want, but i need to know soon which ones your bringing. Because the person that designed the layout for me is making the locomotive roster now for the first op. and he needs to know which engines and how many your bringing.

thanks
Austin

P.S. bnsfrailfan, nice locomotive collection. Heritage II is my favorite :D

hey zak, im repainting all of my old athearn blue box dash 9 shells, and one of my genesis SD75I's into Heritage II paint, and one Low nose dash 8 into BN paint scheme with BNSF patch, i dont know if they will all be done before the first op this summer, but if they are, i may only need you to bring a few of your locomtives, but your welcome to bring as many as you want, but i need to know soon which ones your bringing. Because the person that designed the layout for me is making the locomotive roster now for the first op. and he needs to know which engines and how many your bringing.

thanks
Austin

P.S. bnsfrailfan, nice locomotive collection. Heritage II is my favorite :D

You'll have that list tomorrow, I'm hoping.

ok thank you Zak. Ill keep you posted on the op as well, ill let you know the final roster when i get it. And on that list can you let me know which ones are DCC and which ones your planning on adding DCC to?

thanks again
Austin

So guys, I just added two more BNSF dash 9's to my project list. I'm up to 28 Dash 9's now. I have at least one more I need to pay for on eBay. Maybe I'll buy one more and hit 30, then "stop" there.

They're all Undec. I'm still waiting on the Details West 4 window part, before I start to much work. I have one late one, where I've cut out the grills on the rear, and I'm working on installing some I cut out of an AC4400 shell. I'll take some pictures tonight of most of the ones I have out now.

Here's 10 of the 28, the most readily available ones.

Back rows: Three un-touched, Santa Fe version in boxes, and one Kato H1.
Front row, R-L: Athearn RTR #638, Bluebox Santa Fe, patched #601, two Kato Gullwing, first to become #4723, 2nd #653, Bluebox to become #4816, and Bluebox unnumbered H2, appropriate for 47xx & 48xx, however will become #5842.

*Huh, seem to be having photo attachment problems...*
bnsfdash9s.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
zak, your going to like this consist :) this would be a good one to recreate sometime at the op this summer on my layout. :) this was actually taken in stevens pass, and i have this location on my layout. Its gonna be a blast on the day of the op.

thanks
Austin

PS i emailed you the list that i would want. The ones thta say (Zak's) at the end are the ones that are yours, i chose the DCC equipped ones, and a few of the ones that i thought would be easiest to add DCC to.

thanks again

Back