Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah….my dad is ex …was ex…..and the um ditties he taught me as a child meant I am very familiar with colourful language
army songs..
e.g. we scrapped him off the tarmac like a lump of strawberry jam….l

We flew in ……..um yeah I do not think I can write that one here lol

He also did nursery rhymes….the first time I repeated at school it was made very obvious it was not for public consumption

Hickory dickory dock
the mouse went up the clock
the mouse came down his bum was brown
and so was the cookoo s ….coughs splutters……

the look on the surprised teachers face still is pictured in my mind.

I won’t reiterate anymore lol

edited….I do not usually swear, and if I occasionally use a bad word I get an evil glare from the other half…..who also is capable of colourful language, but rarely does and believes women should not
Your dad and i would have fun time sharing "war stories". When i came to the US, i didn't know english at all. Thanks to the crowd i was hanging out with in high school, my english skills were sharpened by listening to dirty mouth comedians like Andrew Dice Clay and albums of Jerky Boys...and that was even before i went into the service. In basic training the series Gunnery Sargent described me to the other platoon (this was relayed to me by someone i knew in the other platoon): "in my other platoon i have a Polak with New York accent";)

Your dad and i would have fun time sharing "war stories". When i came to the US, i didn't know english at all. Thanks to the crowd i was hanging out with in high school, my english skills were sharpened by listening to dirty mouth comedians like Andrew Dice Clay and albums of Jerky Boys...and that was even before i went into the service. In basic training the series Gunnery Sargent described me to the other platoon (this was relayed to me by someone i knew in the other platoon): "in my other platoon i have a Polak with New York accent";)
Krupnik honey liqueur…..swoons

Afternoon All,

Started out the day with a walk at 61F and currently 80F. This morning after animal chores we jumped the van and drove it to the mechanic. Still haven't heard anything yet. After getting home I cleaned floors then after lunch went to the train room. I put A&I on the wood walls and after that was dry, I dry sponged light gray on the walls, and after that I glued the windows in but still need to add the "glass". Tomorrow, I have a dental periodontist appointment at mid-day.😭 They never go well.

Swal- Take care of yourself and your back.

Bill- Great looking station.

Patrick- I want to do that in the bathroom my son uses but MOH doesn't.

Willie- Great layout shots. I started out building AMB's kits before I moved to craftsman style kits. I still have their Pennsy coal dock on the current build. If you remember the Gun Tube load, I shared not to long ago everything except the Funaro flat cars was from AMB. They had some kits you can't find elsewhere.

Smudge- Interesting video.

Guy- Happy Birthday🎂. You're about 6 months older than me. Great job on the station.

David- Very nice layout scenes.

Old 97- That's actually well done with the angle of the photo.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Amazon Driver
He rang our house telephone. Dawn answered. He said he was outside our house with a parcel and why was nobody answering?
I went outside. I eventually found the Amazon driver at another address. Said driver then began to give me a 'telling off' for not been at the house he was at? Dipstick!!!
Had one just a couple weeks ago Ordered a new video card $$$ one day delivery showed it out for delivery within an hour of arriving
Then poof gone got on amazon chat and the person there tracked it and told me either lost or stolen
Told them they know who the driver is maybe have a talk with them Never heard what happened but got a replacement a day later and $50 off for the trouble

Had one just a couple weeks ago Ordered a new video card $$$ one day delivery showed it out for delivery within an hour of arriving
Then poof gone got on amazon chat and the person there tracked it and told me either lost or stolen
Told them they know who the driver is maybe have a talk with them Never heard what happened but got a replacement a day later and $50 off for the trouble
Ok try this one, employer was sending other half a top of the range phone, said arrived showed a door way not ours AND he had signed my others half name so forgery, but we knew who advised them who the address was two houses away, Amazon did nothing, company sent replacement phone…..well we don’t help them out any more.

Flo,

How late are they serving the turkey dinner?
It's number seven on the dinner menu.
Comes with generous portion of turkey breast, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans and stuffing.
Two dinner rolls and butter slabs.
Add sweet potatoes on the side for 50 cents.
Choice of beverage.
I'd like a large Dr. Pepper and double shot of Southern Comfort. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back