Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm...

Panzer IV G on the Left... Sherman M4 on the right

Anyone spot the issue?View attachment 182633

Two different sculptors did the STL files for the printer. I did both without modifying the scale. Both printed at 100%
Looks like they're different scales?

Temp hit 79° at 1:00, currently 43° now headed for a low of 20°. Winds at 25 to 30 mph with gusts as high as 50. I like how the forecast changed. Just the wrong direction.

That is quite a bit...
Yep... I'm gonna need a bigger printer if I keep printing tanks.

Gray rectangle is how big the build plate is

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 7.53.45 PM.png

Good evening. It's clear and 60.
Most of you remember the trouble I was having with a local credit union, to the point I finally transferred my loans away from them and closed my accounts. Among those loans was the one for my car.
Today, I got a letter from the new lienholder. It seems GTE never bothered to send them the title. Now, my 7.49% loan is going to go to 17.99%, since it is now considered an unsecured loan.

Most of you remember the trouble I was having with a local credit union, to the point I finally transferred my loans away from them and closed my accounts. Among those loans was the one for my car.
Today, I got a letter from the new lienholder. It seems GTE never bothered to send them the title. Now, my 7.49% loan is going to go to 17.99%, since it is now considered an unsecured loan.
Don't panic Terry.
That doesn't sound right.
Dig into it.
Contact an Attorney if need be.

I removed the old flooring from 2 bedrooms and I'm sleeping in the 3rd now. Hurt my back caring out some furniture. I hoping it's feels better in a few days. I'm not installing the floors this time. The carpenter who made the kitchen cabinets will be doing that. Did my daily routine of stopping by a visiting my wife at lunch time. I haven't had any time to take down the upper deck of my layout. I plan on keeping the lower deck at least for now but haven't had any time to run any trains.
Swal

I removed the old flooring from 2 bedrooms and I'm sleeping in the 3rd now. Hurt my back caring out some furniture. I hoping it's feels better in a few days. I'm not installing the floors this time. The carpenter who made the kitchen cabinets will be doing that. Did my daily routine of stopping by a visiting my wife at lunch time. I haven't had any time to take down the upper deck of my layout. I plan on keeping the lower deck at least for now but haven't had any time to run any trains.
Swal
You're making a lot of progress Swal.
Don't over do it though.
Some time back, I too moved to another bedroom while the house was being uprooted.

That sucks big time. I'm fortunate to have been able to pay cash for cars since 1996. Make 'em think that you're going for a loan and they discount based on the amount they think they will get as a kickback, then write a check at the last minute!

I did 2 Shermans and a Firefly

I need a couple of PZ 4s

Need another Tiger (already printed one)

Gonna need some more STuGs, Jagpanthers, Jagtigers

Then there is the Soviet forces to go...
You really should adapt your rules to a smaller scale. Much cheaper and simpler to print (and you need a lot smaller space to play).

I used to play a table top game when I was in middle school / early high school called "Operation Warboard". Simple rules a guy and his son invented using H0/1:72 scale models (they're close enough for the game). This was late 70s or early 80s. I still have the book somewhere but don't know which box its in but I found another release of the same rules on Amazon a few years ago and bought it. I'm going to adapt it for the GHQ micro armor scale 1:285/6mm and use the small GHQ micro armor vehicles I purchased. The rules are simple and probably not very realistic but it was a fun game I played with my dad back when on our ping pong table and hopefully I'll be able to play my modified version at some point.

I was going to say the layer lines on the sloped nose of the Panzer IV (on the left). They are visible too on the top deck, but are much less obvious.

I do know you can smooth prints with vapor, so you might soften them out that way, but it might just be simpler to reprint the Panzer using the same setup orientation and layer settings you did with the Sherman.

In any case, there is some fine detail there too: I THINK the front edge of the Panzer, where the flat middle deck drops down to join the two descending armor plates that drop over the front of the tracks might just show a pair of horizontal seam welds. Right where the two plates would butt join together.

Oversize for the scale? Sure, but they are still there nonetheless. Whoever drew up the files had an eye for detail, IMO.

Last edited:
You really should adapt your rules to a smaller scale. Much cheaper and simpler to print (and you need a lot smaller space to play).

I used to play a table top game when I was in middle school / early high school called "Operation Warboard". Simple rules a guy and his son invented using H0/1:72 scale models (they're close enough for the game). This was late 70s or early 80s. I still have the book somewhere but don't know which box its in but I found another release of the same rules on Amazon a few years ago and bought it. I'm going to adapt it for the GHQ micro armor scale 1:285/6mm and use the small GHQ micro armor vehicles I purchased. The rules are simple and probably not very realistic but it was a fun game I played with my dad back when on our ping pong table and hopefully I'll be able to play my modified version at some point.
The problem is, this is an offshoot of another game in 1:56 scale.
And I'm a demo rep (Unpaid, with discount) for the company that produces the game. So I need to stick to scale.

There are other games in 1:100 scale (15mm) and I sold all of my models when they shifted the rules to be more competitive, screw you opponent type of tourney play.

I bounced to the bigger scale (1:56) that was mostly an infantry skirmish game. It had a lower Tourney "Meta" (how to list build to screw your opponent)... but this game has grown more "Meta" with each new campaign supplement. Two books ago there was a loophole they didn't catch that allowed a player to take Maori Gurkhas. (Maori are from NZ, and Gurkhas are from India). Rumour says there is a new game edition on the way that will iron that out. So the designers haven't issued any errata to check the recent excesses.

I hadn't heard of Operation Warboard. And 1:72nd scale is an oddity. The popular scales are 1:100 (15mm) and 1:56 (28mm).

However, there is a fun game called Battlegroup. It's mostly infantry with some vehicle action. And it's scale agnostic, but recommended for 1:72 scale.

That sucks big time. I'm fortunate to have been able to pay cash for cars since 1996. Make 'em think that you're going for a loan and they discount based on the amount they think they will get as a kickback, then write a check at the last minute!
Yes. I have been fortunate to be in a similar position since the early1980s. In the early days I would let the salesman ramble on about finance on a car whilst I was looking for the one I wanted. Once chosen, bring out the cheque book.
I now buy from the same dealer (who also services my car). The owner and staff know I pay outright, so sales service is more personal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back