Running Bear's February 2024 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swal - I have seen a few videos of Dona Oxford doing her piano, but I never really followed her.
Willie I was telling my cousin who's in a band to take a look at the video I posted of her. He remarked wow is she good.
She's playing Boogie Woogie but at the same time flawlessly adds tidbits of other songs at an incredible speed without one missed note.
Swal

Last edited:
Good morning! Got about 6 inches of snow last night. Looks like a good day to go to the basement and start the trains up. I just have a small oval right now. All I have was used and either needs cleaning and/or repair. Should keep me busy for today. Have a good one! Cheri
Welcome.

Snow day is always a good stay at home and divert attention through trains day

Good morning, all! Another Chamber of Commerce day in Houston. Not a cloud to be seen, great blue sky and temps in the 60's.
Not a lot happening here at the hobo camp. I think the wife wants to go to a few stores, so we'll see how the day goes.

Willie - Birthday wishes to Mrs. Willie
Patrick - Happy Birthday, 21 42, 63, 84 or 105
Cherish - Welcome to the diner.

Model railroad dying - As long as it hangs on till I go, I'm good.

Another view of J. Baum
1707845398178.jpeg

STAY SAFE
LATER

Good Morning!

Boys, do I ever hate Valentines Day. It's about as useless an idea as April Fools.
I mean, she married me. Shouldn't that be enough! - Apparently not. She's been hinting that she wants some flowers.

I built this 20" Walthers rail-bridge to span the great divide on my layout:
View attachment 181255
To say the least, I find building a bridge somewhat of a chore, not near as enjoyable as modelling a building. I'm not entirely happy with my efforts on this one. It seemed like a 'cold' build, where I was just trying to get through the steps.
Now I'm trying to figure out the best technique to paint it. Suppose it would have been easier to paint before it was put together. I'm wondering if I can just take a spray-can to it, and actually get it all if I'm careful.
I haven't attached the bottom webbing until I figure out how to paint it.

Willie - Nope, I don't use the snowshoes any more. We just don't get the snow anymore, but, I do like snow-shoeing. It's darn good exercise.
Happy Birthday to you're wife.
Karl - I eat what's available, not necessarily what I like. I don't even know what the Mason-Dixon line is. I'll look it up, one day.

Today is bill paying day. Gotta keep the house engines running!

Have a great day!
Come on buy her some small flowers and a small chocolate treat, are her happy….just watch out for heart failure from shock

Afternoon All,

Started out the day with a walk at 61F and breezy. After animal chores I headed to the train room. Today I finished the walls, epoxied the walls together and started building the inside warehouse room.

Thank you for the photo likes yesterday.

Chad- Train storage would definitely be easier in N scale than HO.

Bill- Nice shot.

Willie- Happy Belated Birthday to your wife. Those are some nice figure sets.

Patrick- Happy Birthday.

TomO- Nice job on the bridge.

Cheri- Welcome.

Hughie- Great view of the layout.

Here's a shot of what I've been working on. An awning will sit on the piece of green strip wood. The open doors will show the inside diorama.

20240213_130742.jpg

I hope everyone has a good night.

Afternoon All,

Started out the day with a walk at 61F and breezy. After animal chores I headed to the train room. Today I finished the walls, epoxied the walls together and started building the inside warehouse room.

Thank you for the photo likes yesterday.

Chad- Train storage would definitely be easier in N scale than HO.

Bill- Nice shot.

Willie- Happy Belated Birthday to your wife. Those are some nice figure sets.

Patrick- Happy Birthday.

TomO- Nice job on the bridge.

Cheri- Welcome.

Hughie- Great view of the layout.

Here's a shot of what I've been working on. An awning will sit on the piece of green strip wood. The open doors will show the inside diorama.

View attachment 181259

I hope everyone has a good night.
Chad thanks but the bridge picture is Guy’s

Good evening. It's cloudy and 56.
I took the drug test, and had a typical Monday for the rest of the day.
When I got home a few minutes ago, I had gotten an email from the new company's recruiter. Before I panic, I'm going to call the place tomorrow to confirm what he told me. Supposedly, I will get an email Friday sometime, letting me know where I am supposed to report for work. I am not allowed to bring my tools until Monday morning when I report for work, and am not to actually put them in the building until I'm officially hired, with real paperwork. Aside from the unsettling felling I get from that, I need to have my tools out of where I am no later than Saturday. I can't imagine I'm the only person in the world that doesn't have a place to store his tools except at work, and will need to rent a truck to move them.
So, if I do things his way, I will have to rent a truck for Saturday, find a storage locker, rent that for a month, move the tools there, unload them, return the truck, rent a truck again Monday, and move my tools from the storage to the new place, then return the truck to where I rented it, before I can begin work.
I really hope this is a case of "Ivory Tower Syndrome"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back