Running Bear's November 2023 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is, that's not their only job. The employee that's supposed to check that everything's on the truck has 20 other things they have to do, and the way of the world, probably all at the same time.
My friend told me he doesn't use them anymore. To many screw ups. This is my first experience with them, I won't use them again at least for any kind of delivery service. If the item is in stock and I can load it in the back of my truck, I'll buy it. Stop letting everyone steal from you and you might be able to hire more people. When someone walks out the door without paying call the Sheriff's office their only about 3 miles away. That's what one store in the same complex did and the thieves were arrested.
Swal

Last edited:
No, the Volt had both, electric and battery power. On a fully charged battery the car can be all electric until extra power is demanded or battery gets low, then the gas engine kicks in.

The Bolt is all electric, as is the Bolt EUV, its slightly bigger brethren. Yes the Bolts had battery issues, that the Bolt EUV has mostly avoided. I've driven both the Bolt and the Bolt EUV and they drive fine, just eerily quiet. I can see where they can be a great commuter car, but I'll keep my truck.
Thanks for clarifying that, Karl. I wasn't in the market for one, preferring Caddies and Silverados. ;)

Good evening all! Been kinda quiet here lately and on the layout due to travel. My wife and I finally made it to Italy for our much delayed honeymoon due to Covid (got married in 2020 right before world shut down). Italy is beautiful, the food is amazing, and is full of great places to visit. We did take several trains while there including a couple regional trains, a commuter train similar to the Trinity Railway Express (TRE), and a high-speed train. Of course I had to take pictures of the train stuff...
IMG_7853.JPG

Our ride from Venice to Florence: Trenitalia's Frecciarossa 1000
IMG_7861.JPG

Our seating in business class (worth the bit of extra money) included a nice snack/lunch box and a drink.
IMG_7881.JPG

Apologies for the blurry photo (sitting far away from monitor with speed), but this is the fastest I've ever been on land 298kph/185mph.

IMG_8481.JPG

Our rides from Florence to Assisi and Assisi to Rome where not quite as fast.

IMG_8482.JPG

Seating was more spartan, but quite comfortable. No drink service here unfortunately :confused:

IMG_9632.JPG

Commuter rail train with double-decker passenger cars. Other than the signs in Italian I could've been riding the TRE to Dallas.

IMG_9724.JPG

Rome's Termini station was huge (as seen from our cafe upstairs after returning from a day trip on the commuter train). Seen below are a Trenitalia commuter train and another Frecciarossa 1000.

Yea you’re right. I didn’t think that one through well enough. Autozone probably would have done it for me since that’s where I bought the battery.
Yeah I have a dongle I bought that has a phone app -- like $20 total -- that reads and clears codes.

Wife's 2019 Jetta needed a new battery. The correct one needs to be used as well as the ECU is programmed to charge and all that at set rates and if you deviate you need the dealer to reprogram that part. Supposedly. Anyway, I needed it asap so the wife could drive her car to work and not take mine so I went to Autozone, bought the one their website said was correct (and it had all the same codes and stuff and very similar capacity but was not OEM) and I went home and put it in. It took a few miles of driving for the computer to reset itself and it's been working great since. Supposedly you're supposed to have the dealer reset it anyway based on both what the Autozone drone said and what I read online but I didn't do that and it's been working great.

I fear the day the 12V in my Audi A3 e-tron needs to be replaced. It's been 7 years and still working fine but I've read online how you have to disassemble the trunk to get to it. This car is a PHEV (plug in hybrid EV) and has a small high voltage battery that it runs on -- 20-24 miles when new and probably 15-20 now after 7 years) plus the gas engine (Audi's variant of the 1.4 turbo from VW) and it has a 12V for aux purposes and the system keeps that battery managed and charged through the high voltage battery system. The car's been great but I am not looking forward to having to replace the 12V. I hope to drive it at least another 7 years.

Nope, JOE! The SP's were parked/gone from the scene by the time that seniority permitted me to advance to the 74's in the mid 80's. I cannot even remember why the airline did not want to keep them.
That is a gorgeous photo ... have to keep that one - thanks!

Wasn't the SP originally made for JAL? The Japanese airlines have a lot of short haul huge plane full of many many peple type flights and I thought I read that the SP was originally made for that market. I think NASA had the last SP and just recently retired it? The one with the huge telescope in the side?

I think the Volt was Chevy's first all electric car, GM did not embrace Hybrids like Toyoda did. Karl would know for sure. They have been around for a while.

The Volt was a Plug In Hybrid. It has a small gas engine as well as a smaller battery with electric drive. It's battery is small enough (though twice the size or more than my 8kw Audi PHEV) and shouldn't be anywhere near $26k except that the Volt was discontinued a few years ago and even early generations have been long discontinued so as the battery is probably not a current item and stock is low it will be expensive due to low availability. This is the problem with EVs. By the time your EV needs a new battery, the models will have progressed and the batteries will be older and not as available...

House update. Not sure when I last did one. Been really busy. I think I posted after the insulation was put in. We then laid down a 1" foam panel all over the main floor. These are 2'x4' panels that had 2" nubs in a checkerboard pattern. The nubs are used to hold the PEX tubing for the radiant floor heating/cooling. We then had "gypcrete"* poured on the main floor in 3/4"-1.5" depth all over the the main floor. Finally yesterday in the main entrance cubby we used actual concrete instead of gypcrete as below it is the vault room and so I want to make it 10 minutes harder to break through. We also put some #3 rebar in that room in the concrete... I also installed the two main entry doors with the help of a neighbor for one and my son for the other. In parallel the doors that lead from the house outside or in from the garage were installed and I got the locks and handles installed. Only the door to the basement walkout was not installed as it was made too tall. (I had emailed them the rough opening size as it was slightly ndersize as the basement slab was poured a little higher than expected). But someone didn't get the memo...

IMG_3704.jpegIMG_3705.jpegIMG_3706.jpegIMG_3707.jpegIMG_3723.jpegIMG_3730.jpegIMG_3738.jpegIMG_3740.jpegIMG_3741.jpegIMG_3742.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back