Running Bear's May 2023 Coffee Shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you believe I have not posted this up until now?
I have not looked at the numbers, but the Birds seem to be hitting a lot of triples this season! Camden Yards is not a great park for triples.
Game time 3:05pm I love day games!

Regarding capitalism. I was listening to NPR yesterday. They were talking about the new Little Mermaid movie. They were whining, it should have been like this or that. On and on about some artistic crap and social consciousness. Complaining Disney was most concerned about profits.
Which is funny as the "other side" has been complaining about all the "artistic crap" and "social consciousness" added to or changed in the movie.

Which is funny as the "other side" has been complaining about all the "artistic crap" and "social consciousness" added to or changed in the movie.
Too much for one, not enough for the other? They all have something to complain about. That is what they all do best.

Me, I don't care, my daughters are both over thirty. I don't have to see it this time! :D I still have the VHS of the first one somewhere. I don't want to be "a part of (that) world" anymore!

I bet Disney thinks it was exactly right. $117.5 million US box office. Fifth best opening for Memorial Day weekend.

Good morning gang!

Spent last evening disassembling a 55 year old mower deck for the Cub Crapette. The blades didn’t budge. Even with a 3 ft long wrench. I soaked everything down with PB Blaster and will try again tonight. Then SWMBO wanted some Lexan cut and corners rounded for a Cricut project. No trains. 😕

BBL
Karl: Going through the same crap with the Poulan. The right side tower pulley is loose probably from hitting rocks and making a heck of a racket. Can not get that top nut off - 3/4" thing and a 3 ft bar is not working. There is some kind of plastic or sumptin they used for locking. Got all of that out. PB'd yesterday afternoon and gonna give it another go in a bit. If that don't work I will pull the tower and take it to the mower store. Wife wants mulching blades anyway so we will see.

Later

Since Hughie brought up LaBosky's the other day, how about another picture from a different angle.
Mine is not due until 6/8 to 6/12
1685547246752.png

Last edited:
Can you believe I have not posted this up until now?
I have not looked at the numbers, but the Birds seem to be hitting a lot of triples this season! Camden Yards is not a great park for triples.
Game time 3:05pm I love day games!
I know I havnt followed pro ball of any kind for an eon, but WTH is a "Guardian"??

It's a Hemmingway thing.

Karl: Going through the same crap with the Poulan. The right side tower pulley is loose probably from hitting rocks and making a heck of a racket. Can not get that top nut off - 3/4" thing and a 3 ft bar is not working. There is some kind of plastic or sumptin they used for locking. Got all of that out. PB'd yesterday afternoon and gonna give it another go in a bit. If that don't work I will pull the tower and take it to the mower store. Wife wants mulching blades anyway so we will see.

Later

3/4 inch and you cant break it loose?? Wow! I don't feel so bad not getting my 1 1/8" nuts loose!! Good luck with that!

If the dont budge tonight, I might toss the deck in my truck and bring it to the shop, where we have torches and a Tony. Tony be 6 ft 6 and 350 lbs!
I call him Amos Moses at times!

Regarding capitalism. I was listening to NPR yesterday. They were talking about the new Little Mermaid movie. They were whining, it should have been like this or that. On and on about some artistic crap and social consciousness. Complaining Disney was most concerned about profits.

No crap, profit is the point!
The people of NPR, are at best naive when it comes to business reporting....at their worst they are dispensing inaccurate information.

Disney, ironically, is in the news and under criticism for their forcing their brand of social consciousness upon the masses, whether it be through ABC Programing and News, ESPN, ESPN+, Disney productions, and theme parks. For God's sake, Little Mermaid is a children's fantasy story, not a propaganda tool.

Although I have soured , primarily to the over the edge greed of Capital, aka the private sector, the goal is to profit from their investment. Without the investment...no new productions or products...no new versions with a leftist twist...no audience, if word gets out the new version is pure BS.
If no profit, no funds for the next production....

I have really soured on NPR and PBS...profitable Non Profits always crying poverty during bi-weekly pledge breaks, but offering the same old programing and shallow news and public interest programing. Remember the Nightly Business News? They wouldn't ante up to keep that going It was the most useful and informative program they televised.

PBS and NPR are endowed by some very wealthy people, by foundations founded by other very wealthy people, and corporations, who provide goods and services related to certain programing, and advertising...Government contributions are minimal...what ever they get by guilting the general public, are the cream on the top I don't know who is behind this, but many of the programs they did "live" in the past, don't exist today.

Guess you hit a nerve here, Louis. 😰 o_O

Afternoon All,

Currently 84 and overcast with 60% chance of rain later. Every year the thunderstorms seem to come a little later in the day. When I moved here in 1995 you could almost set your watch daily by the 2 pm thunderstorm...not anymore. Well, the city jack-a*s tree inspector finally showed up after 2 weeks, spent 5 minutes and said we needed an Arborist. The removal is supposed to be on Monday. Well we have an Arborist coming at 3 PM. Of course, it's an additional $300.😤 Sometimes I really dislike my town. Anyway, I'll see what happens.

In other news the morning was spent at Wally World, and it was the typical experience. What stuck out was a mom, teenage daughter and young son that were phone zombies while walking the aisles. SMH.

David- Nice layout scene. I'm probably going to change a section on my layout, but it will have to wait until after summer since we have a couple of vacations coming up.

Mikey- Sounds like a fun time. We're doing something similar late June.

Louis- My favorite song of theirs. Nice GG1 photo. The great thing about capitalism is that if you don't like a product or service you don't buy it. If it happens enough, then big money changes it because it's costing them money. That's how the little guy wins in capitalism.

Willie- Great detailing and nice looking town.

I hope everyone has a good day.

The people of NPR, are at best naive when it comes to business reporting....at their worst they are dispensing inaccurate information.

Disney, ironically, is in the news and under criticism for their forcing their brand of social consciousness upon the masses, whether it be through ABC Programing and News, ESPN, ESPN+, Disney productions, and theme parks. For God's sake, Little Mermaid is a children's fantasy story, not a propaganda tool.

Although I have soured , primarily to the over the edge greed of Capital, aka the private sector, the goal is to profit from their investment. Without the investment...no new productions or products...no new versions with a leftist twist...no audience, if word gets out the new version is pure BS.
If no profit, no funds for the next production....

I have really soured on NPR and PBS...profitable Non Profits always crying poverty during bi-weekly pledge breaks, but offering the same old programing and shallow news and public interest programing. Remember the Nightly Business News? They wouldn't ante up to keep that going It was the most useful and informative program they televised.

PBS and NPR are endowed by some very wealthy people, by foundations founded by other very wealthy people, and corporations, who provide goods and services related to certain programing, and advertising...Government contributions are minimal...what ever they get by guilting the general public, are the cream on the top I don't know who is behind this, but many of the programs they did "live" in the past, don't exist today.

Guess you hit a nerve here, Louis. 😰 o_O
I listen to NPR early (3am) to listen to the BBC World Service. That is followed by the Morning Edition. Afterwards I switch to Bloomberg radio. I enjoy a few other NPR shows, "Midday", "Wait Wait don't tell me". "Living on Earth", "The New Yorker Hour", The New York Times puzzle master" and a few others. I've been avoiding political stuff.

PBS, I cherry pick shows that interest me.

Sorry I hit a nerve, but I always appreciate your perspective.

3/4 inch and you cant break it loose?? Wow! I don't feel so bad not getting my 1 1/8" nuts loose!! Good luck with that!

If the dont budge tonight, I might toss the deck in my truck and bring it to the shop, where we have torches and a Tony. Tony be 6 ft 6 and 350 lbs!
I call him Amos Moses at times!
What a PITA this was. Took it to the lawn tractor place and was told "week or so before we can get to it". So, went to my fav welding shop; they do automotive and trailer work. Had to use the biggest air impact wrench they had. It still took 3 of us holding, grunting and cus'n. Took about 1/2 hour, and no charge! I thought about using my hammer drill, but after seeing the above it would have been a no-go. Anyway, it is apart; the splines on the mandrel are almost toast, and as I expected the pulley is toast. I have the new parts ordered. Pulley, Mandrel, spacers, bolts ... etc. $34 from Amazon and should be in the 7th. Grass probably will grow a foot more by then. To much to do with the push mower, Maria does not want to play anyway even though it is front wheel drive.

Later

What a PITA this was. Took it to the lawn tractor place and was told "week or so before we can get to it". So, went to my fav welding shop; they do automotive and trailer work. Had to use the biggest air impact wrench they had. It still took 3 of us holding, grunting and cus'n. Took about 1/2 hour, and no charge! I thought about using my hammer drill, but after seeing the above it would have been a no-go. Anyway, it is apart; the splines on the mandrel are almost toast, and as I expected the pulley is toast. I have the new parts ordered. Pulley, Mandrel, spacers, bolts ... etc. $34 from Amazon and should be in the 7th. Grass probably will grow a foot more by then. To much to do with the push mower, Maria does not want to play anyway even though it is front wheel drive.

Later
You got it off! Well done sir!

It's the new name of Cleveland's baseball team formerly known as the Indians. More politically correct bull...

They say they don't want to offend anyone... How about me? I find these name changes offensive! Crazy old guys like me don't count.

So I guess the movie "Major League" is offensive by the way the team showcased is the "Indians". :rolleyes: 😕

It maddens me to remember that the "Woke" powers that had the Washington football team change their logo that was actually originally drawn by a native American. So the "Woke" powers erased a true natives art. Stupid.

What's next, the demise of the Kansas City Chiefs? or the Atlanta Braves?

Or will we see the Dallas Cowpersons, since boy is an assumptive pronoun?

it's not stopping anytime soon is it?

I need a beer, but don't give me a Bud Light, I don't want to be "labeled" one way or another!!!

Later
Just remember, that nut can't be stuck if it's liquid. When all else fails, use the cutting torch. 😎

Wife had to take her mother in for the second half of the root canal work. Since I could hammer, cut, cuss-a-lot, power drill, power saw, cuss-some-more, etc without disturbing her work or TV attitude (it's a rough summer of high workload shaping up) - I got to BEND THE SKY again!

Screen Shot 2023-05-31 at 3.50.38 PM.png

Windex on the back of the hardboard really helps. I'll probably have some painting touchup on the "wet" section. I always overdo stuff like adding liquid... and it may seep through to the already-painted front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back