The “Give Tony Grief” Thread

. I'll use layers to build up the elevation, the only thing that maybe a little suspect will be the gradient, I don't know - I might be able to form that using the foam by raising one end of it and packing that end.
When you go Dcc it will give you a great excuse to run multiple locos. With multiple locos a 4% grade wouldn't scare me a bit.

When you go Dcc it will give you a great excuse to run multiple locos. With multiple locos a 4% grade wouldn't scare me a bit.

The beauty of N Scale - you can go up to a 4% grade and things will still run :) My intention is to go no more than a 3% grade at this point though - just to remain on the safe side of chicken :)
Now the picture becomes clearer. Hopefully you can keep the grades down enough to make it work.

Keeping the grade down isn't the problem - having the room to keep them UP is the issue :)

So, the CDU thing I ordered from Hatton's arrived this morning. Now to figure out how to use it :)

tof03uo.jpg

Gawd Tony! With that thing you should be able to run all your switch machines, your next door neighbor's and the neighbor next to him with only ONE button push for all.

Later
And, looks like the input and output labels for the screw terminal are on the BOTTOM of the circuit board. Be careful when hooking up.

I think it is incredible that you have to go to the UK to get one of these. I cannot find any in the US, none at all. Well, I did find one but they tophobbies or something, wanted $50 damn for it which is simply outlandish!

So, these CDU thingy's - looks as though I will be able to connect all 6 of my PL11's to it - some how (???) Actually, if I can get the Ground Throws to work properly then I'll only be using 3 PL11's for the rear points, which is probably a better idea - I think?

Tony I made a couple of these myself a few years ago they work great
Then I started using 751D from ken's electronics much better they are a mini cdu with outputs for led's
I could have sent you a few of them for free They can be mounted anywhere
here's a simple layout for cdu units
cdu.jpg

Back