Here is another variation of the layout. I'm trying to decide which one I like better. The spur tracks are shorter in this version, but each track would only be receiving 1 or 2 cars each anyways.
Repeating someone's earlier comment. With tighter curves not only will you have less room on the spur (as you noted), but also one has to consider the issues of trying to coupler/uncouple cars on a curve. Generally one wants the spur to be straight for one car longer than the capacity for coupling reasons.

Repeating someone's earlier comment. With tighter curves not only will you have less room on the spur (as you noted), but also one has to consider the issues of trying to coupler/uncouple cars on a curve. Generally one wants the spur to be straight for one car longer than the capacity for coupling reasons.
I was hoping it would work with a single car but I think you’re right. Good idea though about having one extra car length for coupling!

So….this project may not come to life as originally planned. While only 30” x 80”, it’s small size might not work for my current living situation, if you can believe that!

With that being said, I have some other ideas in mind for new layout projects. Once I determine whether or not this current idea will work, I’ll either start a new thread or actually get started on this one. Stay tuned!

Back