Running Bear's November 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all,

Watching grandkids and staying at the daughter's house.

Finally had a chance to catchup on the reading here. Knee finally feeling better.

Hopefully, their parents are home soon. I remind the wife it's like a vacation we want that we don't have to pay for.

Christian: Sorry to read about the loss of your family member.

Guy: Got to watch that ice. Glad your doing better though.

Sorry you had a bad experience. Sometimes these meetings are run by people who just want to share war stories... like it's a badge of honor.

It's also unfortunate that a lot of the old guard in AA refuse to acknowledge that addiction is basically alcoholism but with drug other than alcohol. The meetings I go to are AA, but we welcome any form of addiction.

It's also fairly common for drug dealers to show up at NA meetings, looking for easy prey. And then there's the whole predator/prey within the ranks of NA... Lots of men go there hoping to hook up with a girl who has emotional needs... Unfortunately, Narcotics Anonymous can be worse than not going to a meeting at all if it's not run by the right people in the right setting.
The experience was not bad, just an eye opener. Be aware, lots of do good schemes may only be skin deep. This goes to all aspects of life, I believe.

OK. Wikipedia claims the Class 55 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuggington) but the Class 55 entry says the Class 23 was a later classification of a modified, shortened Class 55 using single Napier Deltic engines (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_55 and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_23). All very confusing.
Wilson - EMD F3A
Koko - 0 series Shinkansen
Dunbar - EMD GP 38-2
Chatsworth - Baldwin RF-16 Sharknose
Harrison - Union Pacific M10005
Zephie - San Diego Cable Car
Olwin - LNER A4 4-6-2
Frostini - Pioneer Zephyr
Irving - Beilhack Rotary Snowblower
Speedy McAllister - Milwaukee Road F7 4-6-4
Piper - North Pacific Coast Railroad (Cab Forward) 4-4-0
Emery - London Underground Train
Skylar - Railpower GG20B X Robel Works Crane
Calley - Kraus- Maffei ML500C

Good afternoon. We hit the Milwaukee suburb and “Historic” downtown of Greendale, Wi. Left at 10:06 and Ms. Speed got us there in 65 minutes. That’s ok because she was driving, if I had been, I would have been hearing, do u know how fast u r going? My answer is always, yes!

Great brunch at the Milk Can Diner. Supposedly a place the SIL’s stepmom and dad enjoy. Passed inspection and we left with a gift certificate for them. Then we walked, well I crunched my way, around ”historic”, man I hate that word, downtown Greendale.
B782CA53-5FAB-4543-865C-B772DB7DEC79.jpeg
ED5C29D1-8116-454F-B42A-87054C64C763.jpeg
CFA991F3-AB03-4996-ABEF-768875FB0CFC.jpeg

Nothing in this “historic” place to use for modeling ideas.

Terry went way over board on little extra gifts at 2 shops that display the wares of individual artists and crafters, at reasonable pricing.

She spoke to Norman Rockwell but she got no response.
9D161A1A-88BA-45D7-AEB0-E8E5C28E538E.jpeg

I was pointing out to him, there are no trains in his drawing, he ignored me
DC97516F-CC12-40F7-B7C2-39BEEEF11FD2.jpeg

don’t get me started on these guys. Every time I sang a note, they shut up. As the gd/daughter would say, rude!
7BF26356-DA91-41F7-A0DF-731324BAC0D1.jpeg

Confession time

We, no I stopped at Hiawatha Hobbies in Pewaukee. Terry pulled out a book and stayed in the SUV. One of my top brick and mortar stores in the country and top 5 online stores. I hobbled in on my crutches and left with nothing! NOTHING, forgive me modelers. I reviewed my list after rehab this morning. I double checked and I wrote down 5 must get since we are there pieces. Left the list at home and Hiawatha is not a place to go unprepared. I could buy out the damn place but I resisted. I promised Glenn I will be better prepared next week when we drive by again and stop on the way back home.

Evening All,

Spent a good part of the day with chores. In the trainroom I put 200 grass clusters on the layout. I tried to run my last set of locos but one unit was making a rubbing noise. A problem for another day.

MikeGTW- The 2 track coal dock is neat.

Smudge- I would think that is too big for most layouts. That was excellent about the MC. Son, daughter and SIL have HD's.

TomO- Nice looking pipe loads. My wife is the same way about illness.

Snowman- Yikes! I'd go inside also.

Willie- Nice scenes.

Jeff- It sounds like you do good works.

Dave- Nice layout shot.

Troy- Where you headed?

I hope everyone has a good night.

Evening All,

Spent a good part of the day with chores. In the trainroom I put 200 grass clusters on the layout. I tried to run my last set of locos but one unit was making a rubbing noise. A problem for another day.

MikeGTW- The 2 track coal dock is neat.

Smudge- I would think that is too big for most layouts. That was excellent about the MC. Son, daughter and SIL have HD's.

TomO- Nice looking pipe loads. My wife is the same way about illness.

Snowman- Yikes! I'd go inside also.

Willie- Nice scenes.

Jeff- It sounds like you do good works.

Dave- Nice layout shot.

Troy- Where you headed?

Thanks Curt. No train room activity today, so they r the same as the pictures

Good afternoon, all! Like Willie, we reached 82 and the forecast is for 47 tonight. While the mid 40's is not cold for most of you, the problem here is we don't get a chance to climatize. So, we will see mid 70's and low 80's like today, and then the bottom drops out and we are mid 40 to mid 30. A day or two later back in the mid 60's or low 70's. An 80 degree Christmas is not unheard of.

Christian - Sorry for you lose. Folks that never had a dog, just don't understand how those little creatures can become so close. My Linus is 12 and starting to have issues. While they are man's best friend, I bet they are God's best friend as well.

TomO - I'm thinking Norman would have put Terry in one of his pictures before you.

Willie and Dave - some nice layout work.

The Conductress gave me one of my Christmas gifts a little, well a lot early. So, I started work on Val-U Fuel and Oil. It's a Showcase Miniature kit. Just started, but so far, I'm liking the fit and quality of the kit. Pieces seem to fit together with minimal sanding.

1669763704360.png

1669763744148.png

STAY SAFE
LATER

Sorry you had a bad experience. Sometimes these meetings are run by people who just want to share war stories... like it's a badge of honor.

It's also unfortunate that a lot of the old guard in AA refuse to acknowledge that addiction is basically alcoholism but with drug other than alcohol. The meetings I go to are AA, but we welcome any form of addiction.

It's also fairly common for drug dealers to show up at NA meetings, looking for easy prey. And then there's the whole predator/prey within the ranks of NA... Lots of men go there hoping to hook up with a girl who has emotional needs... Unfortunately, Narcotics Anonymous can be worse than not going to a meeting at all if it's not run by the right people in the right setting.
Seen this happen at GA get togethers. Lots of the guys hitting on the young house wives who lost her marriage because she fell in love with the BlackJack table or slot machine. Difference though, there were 2 cops in my group, both women. It happened after a meeting 2 of the guys made some promises to the young housewife and she slapped him. Before anyone could act, he sent her flying across the room. 3 guys stopped any further damage but the 2 cop ladies told everyone to leave, they would handle it. Next meeting he got up with 1 arm in a cast and apologized to the young one and then everyone else. About 10 years later as the Secret Service was knocking on his front door, he offed himself in the backyard. He was a financial adviser who was embezzling.

Good afternoon, all! Like Willie, we reached 82 and the forecast is for 47 tonight. While the mid 40's is not cold for most of you, the problem here is we don't get a chance to climatize. So, we will see mid 70's and low 80's like today, and then the bottom drops out and we are mid 40 to mid 30. A day or two later back in the mid 60's or low 70's. An 80 degree Christmas is not unheard of.

Christian - Sorry for you lose. Folks that never had a dog, just don't understand how those little creatures can become so close. My Linus is 12 and starting to have issues. While they are man's best friend, I bet they are God's best friend as well.

TomO - I'm thinking Norman would have put Terry in one of his pictures before you.

Willie and Dave - some nice layout work.

The Conductress gave me one of my Christmas gifts a little, well a lot early. So, I started work on Val-U Fuel and Oil. It's a Showcase Miniature kit. Just started, but so far, I'm liking the fit and quality of the kit. Pieces seem to fit together with minimal sanding.

View attachment 156885

View attachment 156886

STAY SAFE
LATER
Hughie, he had better!

Troy- Where you headed?

New Orleans for a couple of days, then wherever the ship takes me. (The ports are Cozumel, Costa Maya, Roatan, and Belize). I don't plan to get off the ship. I'm not a beach person, nor a scuba person.

And, our friend, the roomie, isn't up for walking far. So I get ship duty, and keeping an eye on her. Make sure she sticks to her diet (difficult on a cruise ship.)

Seen this happen at GA get togethers. Lots of the guys hitting on the young house wives who lost her marriage because she fell in love with the BlackJack table or slot machine. Difference though, there were 2 cops in my group, both women. It happened after a meeting 2 of the guys made some promises to the young housewife and she slapped him. Before anyone could act, he sent her flying across the room. 3 guys stopped any further damage but the 2 cop ladies told everyone to leave, they would handle it. Next meeting he got up with 1 arm in a cast and apologized to the young one and then everyone else. About 10 years later as the Secret Service was knocking on his front door, he offed himself in the backyard. He was a financial adviser who was embezzling.
I like stories with a happy ending.

It's good when the trash takes itself out.

New Orleans for a couple of days, then wherever the ship takes me. (The ports are Cozumel, Costa Maya, Roatan, and Belize). I don't plan to get off the ship. I'm not a beach person, nor a scuba person.

And, our friend, the roomie, isn't up for walking far. So I get ship duty, and keeping an eye on her. Make sure she sticks to her diet (difficult on a cruise ship.)
Enjoy the time and relax. Are you going to wordsmith along the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back