Running Bear's November 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am back again.This day is all messed up. Read replies and suggestions on the nose bleed, thanks I do appreciate it. I did go to the grocery stores with the wife this morning, 2 stores. Then this afternoon back to the first one we hit this morning. While there I visited the pharmarcy and asked about the nose moisturizing. Have a generic spray bottle

We picked up another $2.10 per gallon discount for gas totaling now $2.95 from HyVee. Only $.30 per gallon from Festival Foods. Both redeemable at our local Quik Trip station but not together.

I read online how to copy and paste using my IPadPro so getting the sale up on 11 more FB pages for the Merchant Row kits wasn’t too bad. Still not as easy but FB has made so many changes the last 45 days I’m not sure if anybody knows about all of them. See the sales forum here

I re-configured the paper mill job on paper. That took about hour figuring another for the new pricing and added costs of new materials.

74FBAE5B-111F-49D0-8027-DD718CEAE360.jpeg
7438804F-C5F0-4215-A543-2D07B1008C95.jpeg
0C7364BE-A113-47D1-9A89-79C2CD46869E.jpeg

I am back again.This day is all messed up. Read replies and suggestions on the nose bleed, thanks I do appreciate it. I did go to the grocery stores with the wife this morning, 2 stores. Then this afternoon back to the first one we hit this morning. While there I visited the pharmarcy and asked about the nose moisturizing. Have a generic spray bottle

We picked up another $2.10 per gallon discount ....
I read that and thought:
Wow! Buying saline spray for the nose by the gallon? Even my wife doesn't go through that much. ;)

Well, first time in 24 years, I have a certified copy of my DD 214. Original was destroyed in a flood in 1998. Never thought I needed it but now I have one. Should be good for a free meal next Veteran's day.

Thought I saw Sherrel early this morning. At least the handle implied it...

Good evening. How to stop a nose bleed? Fall on the only patch of ice within 30’ of where you are walking.

When you are bleeding from the forehead, break 2 fingers on the left hand scraping the knuckles and those bleed and sprain the right wrist you no longer worry about a nose bleed. The bruised right side but not broken hip, elbow and shoulder are secondary. What hurts is the stitched up forehead and the gashed right knee that now looks like a balloon. How the knee of the jeans wasn’t ripped before the EMS crew cut the pants knee open is beyond me. I am still cold wrapped In warm blankets.

By the way, my driveway can easily hold a Ford Explorer police SUV, a large Rescue vehicle and a Ambulance with room to spare! I remember that part. The initial scream when I hit the ground and wall I also remember. Terry says the cop was there first and had me covered in a safety blanket pretty much as the officer was getting out of the car. Terry had me already covered but I was laying on ice. The daughter picked us up around 45 minutes ago.

Again I am fine, just living the soap opera called life.

Good evening. How to stop a nose bleed? Fall on the only patch of ice within 30’ of where you are walking.

When you are bleeding from the forehead, break 2 fingers on the left hand scraping the knuckles and those bleed and sprain the right wrist you no longer worry about a nose bleed. The bruised right side but not broken hip, elbow and shoulder are secondary. What hurts is the stitched up forehead and the gashed right knee that now looks like a balloon. How the knee of the jeans wasn’t ripped before the EMS crew cut the pants knee open is beyond me. I am still cold wrapped In warm blankets.

By the way, my driveway can easily hold a Ford Explorer police SUV, a large Rescue vehicle and a Ambulance with room to spare! I remember that part. The initial scream when I hit the ground and wall I also remember. Terry says the cop was there first and had me covered in a safety blanket pretty much as the officer was getting out of the car. Terry had me already covered but I was laying on ice. The daughter picked us up around 45 minutes ago.

Wow! Definitely your not having a good day, hope your OK despite the injuries.

How horrifying! I guess that the good news is that you are able to post about it. Take it easy for a while. My thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.

Hello. I am sore but very happy to be home. I went to sleep just after I wrote up about my fall, at 11pm. Slept good till 4 and then tossed and turned which was pretty hard to do. It was more like a very slow roll into a new position. Everything hurts now that I am up and the meds from the ER have worn off. Now it’s normal 200mg of Ibuprofen because I can’t handle anything with oxycodone in it. I have 2 Tylenol with codiene but unless the pain is unmanageable I won’t take them. I have no plans to fill the Prescription.

I do remember starting to slip, screaming when I hit the ground, seeing the cop and EMS but much of it is fuzzy and being put in the ambulance and noticing all the vehicles. Terry explained what happened and what the doctors and staff were telling me. She asked If I remembered the Cat scan and I said no. Good thing because I freak out for cat scans, MRI and anything else where they put me in a tube. There will be no coffin for me, just a box of ashes to be scattered.

2nd time I have fallen in this spot, 1st time though with injuries. The right knee is bandaged and very swollen. Terry said the instructions say ice! I am cold now, I’ll be chilled very soon.

Thanks to those who checked in and wished me good things, prayers and thoughts.

They need to outlaw ice.
A chilly 27 degrees here in Virginia. The homeless are really hatin life this morning.
I'm goin down to the Richmond, VA Science Museum today to help with the final setup of our club modules. I'll take a short train along to run to test the track and a few tools to make corrections or repairs.

Well, howdy there internet people.

Flo, give Tom O a shot of bourbon on my account. He'll probably need it once the ibuprofen wears off.

I got derailed this morning when a potential reader emailed in about a two-year-old review from the German Amazon store on one of my books. Said review is still showing up on the US and UK amazon page for the book, under "top reviews from other countries". It cites a need for editing. My typo team was small back then (I always revise post-edit.... but don't pay for an additional proofread of the work. Most of the time it won't earn out in the first year if I pay for both.

Welp... I've got no way to respond to that review since I don't have an account in the german store. And, the conventional wisdom is to not engage with reviewers. Only report the trolls that want to take a book down. Some readers and "authors" occasionally obsess over someone else's good fortune. I haven't encountered that... yet.

To top it off, the woman who wrote in misspelled my pen name in the salutation. I screw up enough writing words as I word them. But still... :eek:

Well, howdy there internet people.

Flo, give Tom O a shot of bourbon on my account. He'll probably need it once the ibuprofen wears off.

I got derailed this morning when a potential reader emailed in about a two-year-old review from the German Amazon store on one of my books. Said review is still showing up on the US and UK amazon page for the book, under "top reviews from other countries". It cites a need for editing. My typo team was small back then (I always revise post-edit.... but don't pay for an additional proofread of the work. Most of the time it won't earn out in the first year if I pay for both.

Welp... I've got no way to respond to that review since I don't have an account in the german store. And, the conventional wisdom is to not engage with reviewers. Only report the trolls that want to take a book down. Some readers and "authors" occasionally obsess over someone else's good fortune. I haven't encountered that... yet.

To top it off, the woman who wrote in misspelled my pen name in the salutation. I screw up enough writing words as I word them. But still... :eek:
Troy, thanks. I will wait till after lunch to have the bourbon. I already popped the meds. Hey, no nose bleed today

Good morning all, 21° F in east central Minnesota and we had light snow this morning, enough to make it pretty slippery out there and speed much reduced on the way to work.

TomO- great to hear you have a sense of humor about the fall, hope you mend quickly

I miss Sherrel too, hope to see his snoopy icon

Troy - if they can't spell your name they shouldn't have much for credibility

Ken - you are just a few degrees warmer than us

Smudge - if you have any leftovers (breakfast) send them my way

Took this pic of the layout last night, that horse and buggy is a Jordan model, same as those 1925 Fords

IMG_2878.JPG

more later, Dave LASM

Morning all,

Chilly 32° and clear this morning, high of 60° later.

TomO: Glad you're doing better. Ice is what started me on my 22 year journey to a knee replacement. I've got 2 50# containers of Ice Melter in the garage for just such things.

Wife suggested I help the grandson out last night on my way home and drive past the last house he still had to deliver his Boy Scout popcorn to. When you can see through the storm door through the house from the street someone has to be home, so I called him and told him I be there in a couple minutes and we'd get his last customer. Popcorn was paid for in advance, so he wasn't waiting to get paid. He said his mom had his last box, and when called she told me where it was in the house. He got it delivered a few minutes later. Needless to say, everyone happy that he got it all delivered. He's only been trying for 2 weeks. This particular customer said he might be hard to catch, so it wasn't a surprise.

Once again, busy day which is why I'm in a little later than normal.

BBL

Morning all! Gonna have a heat wave today in SE Wisconsin. All the way to 40! Did some actual modeling this weekend. Not much but it counts! Weathering tank cars is a bit like weathering steam engines. They get dirty a little differently. I'm currently looking for good photos of them to use as a guide. Until then I've at least started the process. Trucks and wheel faces get a coat of "Weathered Black". Trucks get a light coating of rust using Pan Pastels. The cars get a coat of flat finish to kill the sheen. You could stop here if you want. The Kadee trip pins get removed. After weathering, they'll get Hazardous Material placards (decals by Tichy) I used to paint couplers but encountered enough difficulties with retaining their proper function that I quit. Even putting a drop of oil on the Knuckle pin wasn't always effective.
EDeep Rock Tankers.jpg

UTLX Tanker (2).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back