Running Bear's June 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning All. Clear and 74°, supposed to reach 102° later today. We are under a heat advisory today and tomorrow. I don't know though, it was supposed to be 98° yesterday and it only made 89°.

Today I have to make the dreaded trip back to DFW International Airport to pick up my wife. Different terminal this time. American operates at gates in all five terminals there. And she gave me two different gate numbers!:mad:
I ran the iRobot vacuum non-stop yesterday to pick up all of the granddog hair. House is otherwise not in any disarray.

Thanks for the comments and reactions yesterday regarding the "jungle" that is otherwise known as the garden; Tom O, Chad, Dave B, Karl, Hughie, Sherrel, Joe, Louis, Curt, Guy, Rick.

Out in the train shed yesterday, disaster struck. I primed some of the Mini Prints stuff Wednesday or Thursday and unfortunately the longhorns on one of the Texas Longhorns stuck to the paper underneath, and broke off when I picked it up. :mad:
IMG_1082.JPG

I believe that I can make the repair with Gorilla Glue but it will take patience. Bernard at MiniPrints will replace any that the modeler breaks if I pay the postage from Canada. I'll see if I can fix this first.
I started painting two of the others, not done yet. I still need to paint the eyes, horns and noses. The horns are a mottled brown and ivory color as seen in the picture of the real thing, still with the fence post in the midst.
IMG_1083.JPG

Another distinguishing feature is "weathering" on the lower legs with a dirt weathering powder.
IMG_1047.JPG

There are two others that I will paint with more brown color to them to resemble this one more.
IMG_1046 (2).JPG

Karl - While it is still warm, you get used to the triple digits. It's just the reverse of those folks like Guy up north who get used to snow and below freezing weather five months a year. My pool is still a very pleasant 83°.
Troy - Interesting anti-barking device that you are buying.
OB Ken - Good luck on the degree.
Joe - Likewise here. The Cadillac dealership along with a dozen more on the "miracle mile" are completely devoid of new vehicles. All except the Ford place. Four years ago, three of the places installed "hail awnings" that now cover non-existent vehicles.
Guy - Garden is not on a hill, it's just the camera angle. I set it on a barrel with the auto timer on. Those flowers between the rows of veggies are probably Marigolds, a common pest deterrent.

Today is the the running of the Belmont Stakes; but if you cared, you already know that.
Everybody have a wonderful day. Stay cool and safe.

Good morning gang!

65° with light rain. If it clears off later may do some mulching, or airbrushing the 4 Geeps, otherwise, I'm in the basement.

Willie
, it could be a new breed, a Texas Shorthorn!

Q: How come it so hard to solve a hillbilly murder??

A: Because the DNA is all the same and there are no dental records!!

BBL

Morning all! 63 degrees and raising up to 93 this afternoon - I guess that the powers are saving the hot days for later on - but it's a "dry" heat- LOL!
As the song goes - Nothing but Blue Sky as far as I can see!

The Spousal Unit has seriously been working in the back yard! She has not done as much in several years. I have had to drag the green barrel top the curb three weeks in a row (counting this week) -- usually it has been once a month for a two-thirds full barrel.

KEN-OB1 Kenobi (couldn't resist, sorry). Wow, good luck with the continuing ED.
I know for a fact that I could not stay awake in class, or just to read the assignments! Here's a beer to your success! (lifts glass)

JOE - I have to rethink most all you said - lots I am unfamiliar with and I am very lousy at medical terms to begin with. My medical knowledge consists of "Does it hurt here and when did you first notice it".

Spent the last two days trying to get the new dentures to not hurt - after 6-8 hours they are chafing something terrible - dentiflorst said it might take several visits - I guess he wants to keep his word. Smart, young, dentist, excellent english from Korea. I asked him if he was born here, or was an immigrant. He said neither - that he was here on a green card,
Now, this is just how stupid our laws are: Because he is here on a g-card, he cannot apply for citizenship -- he has to return home, give up his "green status" and start at the bottom - all over!
I am floored, but not surprised -- I have a cousin from England who came over and was here fo over 20 years on a Student Visa - she has so many degrees if would frighten you because if she quit school - she would be deported - amazingly stupid!
In the meantime - millions swim the river!

The Birds have dropped two to the Royals. KC looks like a first division team, not a cellar dweller!

The NBA finals is providing some great entertainment.

My wife and I watched the latest James Bond movie "No Time to Die" On Amazon. I enjoyed the movie, until the end. My wife correctly predicted the end. I was not happy she was right. Still it was a fun movie to watch.

I did not like the first Top Gun movie, no rush to see the second. We will probably watch it when we can stream it.

I don't go to the theaters any more. I feel asleep in the last three Imax theaters I was in.

I've been streaming the new Star Trek shows on Paramount. I've enjoyed them all so far.

Still working everyday, thank God. I get lazy when I'm not working. I normally knock off by noon. I start at 3am most days, sometimes earlier.

My leg is healing. I have not needed the cane in more than a week. Sure did get some strange looks delivering Amazon packages with a cane.

I could write a full page about the things going on at Amazon. I keep my blinders on and cherry pick my blocks.

My other businesses are too busy sometimes, thank God.

That's all folks!

Good morning. 78° at the Swamp. It's sunny and going to 79°? with rain later? Makes no sense,really.

Sherrel: None of that stuff makes much sense to me either. I recognize I have problems, but every time I seek answers, I open a new can of worms.

Willie and Louis: The Belmont used to be on my calendar, but it is no fun watching it on NBC. Their Triple crown series , is a Bob Baffert Love Fest, when they are not pandering to someone special. Racing is just background.

In Baseball, At least the nationals won. Phillies keep on winning, and the Mets won one... Tampa Bay vs. Rangers Game 6, 8PM EDT, ESPN and ESPN+.

Good morning from So. Central Wisconsin. Wetness coming this afternoon.
00FDEB87-0A82-4428-B4BC-C087F1CE41C0.png

Yesterday was a total flop for me. Stayed on the couch under a blanket going from bone chilling cold to the sweats. It was also a 4 handkerchief day. I did sleep last night which was surprising. I was dozing on and off all day. The body wracking cough is gone. Just an occasional cough and it’s not hurting today. My Endocrinologist stopped by this morning. She lives real close and she has become a good friend with my wife. She agrees with the Covid test results,I don’t have Covid. Turns out my cough suppressants don’t have any pain reliever, so I took 3 Ibuprofen at 8 this morning and the headache is almost gone.

Per the IPadPro tracking stuff I was online for only 58 minutes yesterday and no TV until 7 last night. Watched the Netflix show the Warrior Nun. I watched 5 shows till 1AM, let’s just say it’s interesting. No sports watching last night.

enjoy your day

Morning all,

Got the front lawn mowed yesterday, just in time to have the battery on the rider fail again. It did take a charge, so I got the back done. The battery is only a couple months old and fortunately has a warrantee. Taking a couple of days and do a much shorter version of a Rt. 66 trip. We've been on the route from Joliet, IL to Carthage, MO. We're going to go to Carthage and run it to Edmund, OK and then back home. That trip will only take about 12 hours of drive time, most of it on the lower speed 2 lane road. Not yet decided if we're going to a single day or make it 2. Much less expensive than the original take 6 days and run further west. 2 tanks of gas rather than the 9 we were planning. Gas is still a bit cheaper in MO and OK than the rest of the states we would have traveled. At least that's a preliminary plan to at least get out of town for the first time in 2 years for me and 4 years for us both.

Oh yeah, I had almost forgotten the pictures:

Peaches

20220610_175503.jpg

Apples:
20220610_175558.jpg

Those apples are on the tree that dropped 90% of them when they got to the size of ping pong balls.

Rare variety:

20220610_175614.jpg

Small tree with lots of apples. I'll remove some after I see how bad the small hail hurt them. It's an Arkansas Black. Most people haven't heard of them.

Last edited:
here on a g-card, he cannot apply for citizenship -- he has to return home, give up his "green status" and start at the bottom - all over!
That is not how it works. In fact a green card is the first step to applying for citizenship. I went through this with my wife. She was here on a student visa. We got married and based on that we applied for her green card. 8 years later we applied for her citizenship.

ETA: the scenarios where you have to go back to your own country, IIRC, is if you are here on a non immigrant visa and want to convert to some sort of immigrant status/green card etc. Or to get a fiance visa (we skipped that as she was here as a student and went straight to getting married -- but if here on non immigrant visa and you want to stay as a fiance after that ends you need to leave and apply for a fiance visa AFAIK)

Last edited:
Good Afternoon all!
56F in Libby
96F in Padacuh, KY and partly
Went to Classic Trains out US45 and found a store and owner that turned out to be a good find. Bill ( Harris ) told me that he had somewhere around 5000 freight cars, 1500 engines and 20K detail parts. That was for the new stuff. There were shelves and shelves of used you can paw through, from partly built buildings, boxes of containers to used engines and cars. Had 10 or so boxes of heavy weight passenger equipment; was a couple boxes of stream liner stuff. Note that a box is about 2ft x 3ft x 4in. I spent money and will post stuff on RPO. Some pix, but doesn't do it justice.
0611221021.jpg

0611221044.jpg

0611221045.jpg

0611221045a.jpg

0611221046.jpg

0611221046a.jpg

Classic Trains & Ferraris
3125 Lone Oak Road
Paducah, KY 42003
Oh, and that is his Ferrari sitting out front in the first pix.

Good Afternoon all!
56F in Libby
96F in Padacuh, KY and partly
Went to Classic Trains out US45 and found a store and owner that turned out to be a good find. Bill ( Harris ) told me that he had somewhere around 5000 freight cars, 1500 engines and 20K detail parts. That was for the new stuff. There were shelves and shelves of used you can paw through, from partly built buildings, boxes of containers to used engines and cars. Had 10 or so boxes of heavy weight passenger equipment; was a couple boxes of stream liner stuff. Note that a box is about 2ft x 3ft x 4in. I spent money and will post stuff on RPO. Some pix, but doesn't do it justice.
View attachment 147089

View attachment 147090

View attachment 147091

View attachment 147092

View attachment 147094

View attachment 147095

Classic Trains & Ferraris
3125 Lone Oak Road
Paducah, KY 42003
Oh, and that is his Ferrari sitting out front in the first pix.
Oh! to be a millionaire and living close by, my idea of heaven.

Superman weekend is in Metropolis this weekend. Nothing to rent there, nor were any motel vacancies. Hence the Padacuh motel and since no rental cars:
IMGP0393.JPG

IMGP0376.JPG

The museum was fun and crowded! Couple of pix just cuz.
IMGP0378.JPG

Note Lex Luther's equipment panel and the trash80's
IMGP0384.JPG

Original Superman costume:
IMGP0386.JPG

Supergirl tooo...
IMGP0390.JPG

We decided that it was too hot to walk around; besides we had already eaten breakfast and eating more probably was not the thing to do as most had some sort of BBQ or chicken.
Sometimes, putting in an unrelated pix just has to happen...
IMGP0392.JPG

I see the US is about to be hit by both extremely hot and cold temps, for hot,consider adding ice cubes to your freezer ahead of ti me,ensure you do not dehydrate,avoid exercise especially intensive during this time, if really hot and you do not have air con, soak a towel in water wring it and drape it over you, consider this this for very animal pets, I am sue those expecting the cold weather know better than, me, but multi layers and warm drinks, let the animals sleep in your room, your breath gives out hit and moisture raising temps, I hope you are considering your options, and will not go out in the sun and get sunstroke! take care.

Superman weekend is in Metropolis this weekend. Nothing to rent there, nor were any motel vacancies. Hence the Padacuh motel and since no rental cars:
View attachment 147101

View attachment 147102

The museum was fun and crowded! Couple of pix just cuz.
View attachment 147103

Note Lex Luther's equipment panel and the trash80's
View attachment 147104

Original Superman costume:
View attachment 147105

Supergirl tooo...
View attachment 147106

We decided that it was too hot to walk around; besides we had already eaten breakfast and eating more probably was not the thing to do as most had some sort of BBQ or chicken.
Sometimes, putting in an unrelated pix just has to happen...
View attachment 147107
Love the piggy vw lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back