Running Bear's April 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning all!
61F in Olive Branch and to be a great day.
37F in Libby and to be partly

We are slated to go home sometime next week. Well, that is IF they can find us a load. If not, they are talking about getting us a rental to use to go home. Huh? We are better than 2000 miles from home which is about 31 hours if ya don't stop. I suspect that we can make about half of it the first leg, then we would need to get outa the car and sleep as it is pretty much not possible to do so in a moving car; at least any sleep that resembles something good. Anyway, 2 to 3 days to get home, 7 days at home then 2 to 3 days back. We are salary so getting paid for the whole shebang. Rental car from what we know is $60 day + mileage - geesh we must me important!

Somebody posted about calling the authorities about a woman on the tracks a few days ago. Well, my wife won the 'go pee in a cup' lottery for our trucking company. We went to a place to do so. While I was waiting for her, some guy pulled up across from me, got out and pee'd into a tupperware container. This was right in plain sight although he was somewhat shielded from the general public. Thought to myself - WTF - musta had to go bad! Then he drove a few yards and parked right in front of the Pee place and a young kid got out. It then dawned on me ( Ya, sometimes ima slow ) what was going on. I mulled it for awhile thinking I should call the Pee place and tell them about it. Banged back and forth that it was not my business and tried to let it go. Finally decided to go in and tell somebody and did so in private. Nurse told me thanks and also said this kind of crap happens all of the time. Wife happened to be in the back filling her cup and was privy to some of the conversation and actions. Kid was given a big cup of water, told to drink it and come back in a 1/2 hour or so. Apparently they checked the temp on the pee and found it to be lower than body temp. What was the dad/grandpa thinking? This was a young kid - I am pretty sure that he was under 18 - so what was the end game here?

I actually have some fun stuff - pix is on I57 about mm 305 in IL ( Kankakee ) and I thought it cute. I had seen this a year or so ago but have not been back on I57 since. CN mile marker 22 ifn I remember correctly. I could not get trackside with my 70ft thingie even though there looks to be an access road to do so. Anybody in the area that can get a trackside pix? Anyway, will post a few pix in Prototype under CN22.
IMGP0348.JPG

Sure, walking back to the truck and Amtrak came screaming by. Was not ready and only got to watch.
Have fun!

My wife passed away at 12:30 this morning.
Terry, I’m stunned and deeply saddened by this news. Allow me to offer up our deepest condolences for your loss of Marie, and prayers for peace and comfort for you and your family. 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Popped in to see what was going on in the coffee shop & this is the first thing that I see.

Terry, my deepest sympathies to you & your family. 🙏🙏

Must be mind linked....I'm leaving early for my annual eye appointment as well.

Been a busy morning in the city, I've gotten quite a bit accomplished, but due to short time the next couple days, I can't start my big project until next week. Figuring out 2FA or MFA (2 or Multi Factor Authentication). The very same stuff Terry was complaining about what Apple is doing for his wife's account. In our case our insurer's are really charging us big time for not having it. I think I finally understand how to set it up. More changes people are gonna hollar about, but my hands are being tied.
Our college district has recently started the MFA stuff, although I was not involved with that process. The people farther up in pay scale and knowledge took care of that. Seems like it's going fine so far.

Apparently they checked the temp on the pee and found it to be lower than body temp.
Todd - As a manager at a large manufacturer, I was briefed on procedures when we first started random testing. We were told that taking the temperature was the very first thing that they did to ensure that the selected person didn't bring in a container from some one else who was clean.
For a while during a business downturn, I was responsible for the department that included janitors and forklift operators whose names got picked more often. I had a janitor who was involved in an accident and even though he was not injured or at fault, he was tested. This gentleman of about 65 years tested positive for cocaine! I wasn't really supposed to be told what the positive test was, but the HR manager and I really got to wondering where a 65 year old person on a janitor salary got the money for cocaine?

I am invited over here by "troyphoto". As I said in my introduction, I am a busdriver. And this is one of my favourites. Pitty, that there are so few N-scale busses.

2022-02-12-Mercedes-O-530-G-Nieuwegein-Waterbies-IMG-20220212-161733.jpg
Welcome Marco!

I'm building in N-scale as well (the US version of the scale). And, I also play miniature wargames.

So I purchased a 3-D printer. There is probably a bus file for the printer out there. (I just searched, and yes, there are a few). Even if you don't want to invest in another hobby like 3D Printing, you might find a friend with a printer.

I'm so disappointed by the lack of detail in HO scale people by major manufacturers, (the N scale figures are even worse) that I plan on printing many of my own figures for my N-scale layout.

Wow! I'm very sad to walk into the shop and hear this news. Sorry, Terry! Just know that I echo the sentiments of other friends here in the shop.
Oh…..l Terry so sorry for your loss. there are no words of comfort, or she is gone to a better place, I know you have struggled with the situation, but you must be totally gutted, and all the recent stress would not have helped. I lost my dad who lived with us and that was hard, if my husband died,even though I would be comfortably off, I would be totally utterly gutted.
Hopefully family will help you through this, here at the coffee shop you know we are in your corner but we are just messages on a screen no live interaction. I just wish I could give you a hug.

Good Morning!
Life goes on! I'm hoping it will warm-up a little. Right now it's only 32F out there in the morning sun.

Today, I need to draw out and price 77' of new PT fence with an oversized gate. The home-owner is 10yrs younger than me, but, can't build the fence himself due to being excessively overweight. He's a very reclusive person, and I don't know him well. I'm good friends with his wife, though.

Sadly, I won't have much time for the layout until that fence building is out of the way. I intend to just put my back into it and get the job done. Seems every spring, I'm building a fence for someone.

I did manage to get all the ground throw switches that I have in stock installed. Here's a photo of 3 outta the 5 installed:
Layout_04-28-2022.JPG

They all seem to work cleanly, and the test car pushes through easily. - I'm still waiting for another 10 switches to come in the mail.
I suppose the next step is complete the wiring on everything, and test it live with a locomotive. Only about 50% of what I've laid down is presently wired.
If it all works, it will be ballast time. Plus, I'm going to need a bridge built soon, so I can cross the great divide and complete a solid run of track..

Marco - Great to see another rail-hobby bus driver come into the shop. I do hope you like posting photos.

I need to get busy folks. Thanks for the coffee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back