Running Bear's January 2022 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
London being London their is not enough road or car parking for London workers and visitors,hence trains,London Underground,taxis and especially buses are always busy, if you look at the price of a single car park space for sale in London you would feint.this is a space out on the road not a spaced off road to the side of your home.The odd one that has come up for sale has gone for silly money,such that you could likely buy a small house elsewhere in the country.
Yeah my buses definitely outnumber my vw, although there are plenty more, I can find a picture of one that has a matching trailer tent,several are campersView attachment 139255View attachment 139256View attachment 139257View attachment 139258View attachment 139259View attachment 139260View attachment 139261View attachment 139262View attachment 139263
I think I don’t own a lipstick red one! what an oversight, we owned one of those, I’ll have to address that asap.
Anyone notice Herbie's gone transatlantic.

Good morning from Wisconsin. It’s cold but they are saying overnight will warm instead of overnight wind chills of -25 to 30f degrees the low maybe -10 wind chill. The minus 20s wind chill still will happen this afternoon.

Being retired generally is nice but being stuck because of the nasty wind chills and the super spread of this Covid variant is getting challenging. I need to get out and no matter how warm I would dress today, something will be cold anyway and uncomfortable.

Enjoy your day
TomO
I had to go out feed the cat the goats the birds and I was wrapped up, winter underwear thick jumper, inner gloves outer gloves neck wrap up over mouth to keep my air warm, hat, leggings winter trousers,two socks, Solomon boots, I didn’t have to go far,but my right hand was frozen,my right food was frozen,and I by passed the sofa and f’ed off back to bed under the duvet - lost the out er trousers kept the hat until I warmer up, it was only minus 3 degrees centigrade but there was a wind chill factor,even the goats were in the stables and only came out once certain food was on offer,and the ice broken on the water, the birds were grateful to see me,geese honking, everything a flutter, the cat wanted a 🤗 cuddle but he can’t cone in he just won’t potty train,now it might not be your type o f cold,but I was really cold, I have sone minus 30 centigrade jacket and trousers, and sone minus 20 centigrade,and if I have to go out again in the cold and potential wind factor it will only be after I find one o f those sets…..brrrrrrrrr
reninds me of the one time we got haw
DF7DFEB7-9DAA-40BC-84B2-B8B4657D9B39.jpeg
E3187D81-A926-4451-8556-F8371B7C23A0.jpeg
32B1F493-36F3-4FD1-9ECB-F47FE22B89B6.jpeg
F57C14CC-04A7-4958-845B-5DF847DD3039.jpeg
6E8DB0B3-9947-4ACD-861A-64215E2D69CA.jpeg
49EB015F-6A9D-44DC-878C-B5DC18984F58.jpeg
frost

I had to go out feed the cat the goats the birds and I was wrapped up, winter underwear thick jumper, inner gloves outer gloves neck wrap up over mouth to keep my air warm, hat, leggings winter trousers,two socks, Solomon boots, I didn’t have to go far,but my right hand was frozen,my right food was frozen,and I by passed the sofa and f’ed off back to bed under the duvet - lost the out er trousers kept the hat until I warmer up, it was only minus 3 degrees centigrade but there was a wind chill factor,even the goats were in the stables and only came out once certain food was on offer,and the ice broken on the water, the birds were grateful to see me,geese honking, everything a flutter, the cat wanted a 🤗 cuddle but he can’t cone in he just won’t potty train,now it might not be your type o f cold,but I was really cold, I have sone minus 30 centigrade jacket and trousers, and sone minus 20 centigrade,and if I have to go out again in the cold and potential wind factor it will only be after I find one o f those sets…..brrrrrrrrr
reninds me of the one time we got haw View attachment 139265View attachment 139266View attachment 139267View attachment 139268View attachment 139269View attachment 139270frost
Nice photo's, beautiful, even if it is a bit nippy out.

I totally avoid the self checkouts. I always have coupons and I always have alcohol, and both require clearance from a clerk. Takes too much time most days for the clerk to get away from other customers who came first. At the regular check-outs, I can be bagging while the cashier is still ringing stuff up.
I hate the self checkout they do someone out of a job, end of,

How much in prescriptions! In the NHS you can pay a nominal 3 month figure equal to about 4 prescriptions around 40 pounds and have as many prescriptions as required under that, a lot of people obviously buy these ‘passes’ you monthly bill is scary.
HUH! my daughter 'scripts are £9 'nd something, she has to pay every month, and has done for the last two years, so not sure where the £40 and all the scripts you need ?

HUH! my daughter 'scripts are £9 'nd something, she has to pay every month, and has done for the last two years, so not sure where the £40 and all the scripts you need ?
I exaggerated 30.25

I want to ask an off topic question, luckily here a lot we talk about is off topic, anyway in the USA do you rate the Tesla X against an off road 4x4 in any shape or form or is it just lame, we wanted a cybertruck but it is being bounced back and back and the EU rules will likely turn it into a pussycat vehicle anyway. And prices just keep going up and up. So need an ev that can do some off road, the rivian is butt ugly, I doubt we’ll see the ford option version over here. so the Tesla x is not a pick up truck style but the Tesla x has a reasonable interior, thoughts? please feel free to trash,and give reasons, it’s a lot of cash, so I want to be certain, amazingly our one year old Tesla 3 has devalued by only 3,000 in one year (that’s not even the vat element!), so is worth trading in, with the original price on the cybertruck quoted around 50 k we would have just bought it and kept the 3, by the x is whopping 91 k so a trade in would be reasonable as we swop a 4/5 seater saloon for a 5,6 or 7 seater suv.with a lot more interior space,we often fill the 3 with hobby items so the Xs larger storage space would be useful.
There is no 3 pin plugs for a kettle or power tool :( which is a shame, he is missing a trick there,

Afternoon All,

We have a high today of about 55 with wind and misting rain. I had to turn the furnace on to get the chill out of the house. Had a lazy morning doing nothing then after lunch I used a flat metal file to clear any paint in the roof bracket slots. After that I glued in 12 window frames, "glass", and shades on the upper rear office add on structure. I can't put it on until the roof is in place. I also painted the 5 truck ramps with Microlux (Micromark brand) aged concrete. It will take the place of the no longer made Model Master color.

Thank you for the likes yesterday.

Smudge- Congrats on the new addition.

Ken (IL)- I saw a somewhat similar tower (can't remember where) that was raised across 2 tracks. For some reason I seem to remember it was a NYC modeler that made it.

Willie- Nice scenes. I also built that years ago but gave it to a young modeler just getting started with several other buildings I was not using.

TomO- That should be an interesting build. What are the PVC pipes for?

Joe- That will be a nice addition to your empire.

Troy- You are obviously happy your wife is home.

Tom- Excellent weathering.

George- Very nice so far.

Patrick- Interesting history of ALDI. It's one of our monthly stops although currently it's being refurbished.

Louis- Save-A-Lot is also one of our stops along with Key Foods and Wally World.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Well, howdy there internet peeps and those who know who Herbie is, and why that matters so much.

It's troy again

Yep. Happy the wife is home - even if she is spending most of today working to catch up for super slow rural internet at her mother's place. she does need to go back this coming week. Wed will be the initial meeting with the asset protection attorney. Wife, her sis, and MIL are all going to see him. Hope he's got a big office.

Wife hopes to make it home for good next weekend. MIL is doing well enough, and this weekend was the "Push her out of the nest so she learns to fly again trip. Or, as I said, a warning shot across Mom's bow that she can't get too comfortable relying on the daughters when she's proving she can keep on keeping on. Just slower and with less energy.

In other news, Carnival Cruise lines just announced to Travel Agents that they will continue to have Vax required for cruisers and crew on their ships. For those who booked hoping it would be gone, there's several weeks grace to cancel and get your money back. But, you must show you are vaxxed to cruise.

We sail on NCL (Norwegian Cruises), and I'm hoping they come out with the same requirement. Since cruises visit a lot of foreign ports, international mandates and regulations play a big role in whether a ship gets all of their ports approved. Pre-Verifying vax status saves the cruise lines money, and removes a barrier to entry for the ships. We've been watching ship after ship get turned away from port after port because their infection rates are too high.

Hopefully, when we book our cruise for this fall/winter, they'll have all the bugs ;) worked out and we can just upload our vax cards, etc, and only need to show passport to board the ship.

Edit... forgot to put the cruise ship pic in... somewhere in the Mexican Riviera...
Screenshot 2022-01-22 at 3.12.07 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back