Running Bear's October 2021 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening Everybody!

I've been busy playing catch up after my first off day since august 17th. The day off was not my idea, pancreatitis has it's own agenda. I'm not complaining, God is good to me, thank you God.

Gas prices... I fill my tanks 2-3 times a week. I just paid $3.13/gallon. Price of crude, about $75/barrel. Average price of crude over the last 5 years about $72, go figure.

I more upset with meat prices, I can't charge myself more for dinner! Not to mention how much baby spinach bothers me. I can't find fresh mature spinach anywhere!

I'll stick to worrying about the things I can control.

I'm looking forward to watching the Bills at Kansas City, until I fall asleep that is 😀

Have a good night Everybody!

I spotted this in a siding MoW equipment for CP in Northlumberland NY today....

20211010_135110.jpg
20211010_135221.jpg
20211010_135232.jpg
20211010_135239.jpg
20211010_135501.jpg
20211010_135620.jpg
20211010_135709.jpg
20211010_135710.jpg
20211010_135723.jpg

20211010_135734.jpg

Thanks, guys -- this will be short as I made a HUGE mistake getting this MACbook! First of all I speak "computer" just about as much as my Spanish! I amorally struggling with the "PAD" as I have always used a mouse. I keep reaching to the side for the mouse and when I am not doing that, I am trying to move things by touching the screen. In short, I should have just stayed with Windows!
I presume that there is a way to download my files from Windows? I do need a few of them. I DO LIKE the speed at which this works and the fact that a few things that the Spousal Unit has helped show me works great.
HOW IN BLAZES DO I STOP THE ADS ON MR HERE? THEIR ALL OVER THE PLACE?

Just hook a mouse to it. You can use a USB mouse (maybe you need an adapter depending on which Macbook you have) or you can use a Bluetooth mouse.

Yes you can transfer files from Windows to Macs

Something of Interest if you have not seen it before?

1633930192755.png

Good morning all! 68 degrees, heading up to 81 for the day. Supposed to get a lot of rain today as well.
First day back to work after my 4 day weekend. Gotta say I'm not looking forward to going back. Every day I spend on that concrete floor for 8 or 9 hours is that much more pain I have in my feet. I'm really hoping to find something else soon. I wouldn't really need to work if it wasn't for the cost of health insurance.
Didn't get any train stuff done over the 4 days unfortunately. We're still trying to get reorganized after the remodeling work, so I didn't have time for it.
I'm really enjoying seeing all the photos you guys share of your layouts and works in progress. You all do such cool stuff.
Gonna finish my coffee and get ready for work. Hope you all have a great day!
Ken

Morning all,

Well,
It was a great night last night, we got needed rain and Kansas City lost again to stay at the bottom of the division. Wish I'd have had money on that game (but betting is illegal in Kansas).

I did get to the basement yesterday for some train time. Here's what I accomplished:

20211010_150057.jpg

20211010_094703.jpg

20211010_150046.jpg

Mainly painted the windows brown and the doors and roof windows a greyish color to simulate sheet metal and aluminum. Took a while to mix up the shade I was looking for. The walls were previously completed and this is the picture I promised a couple of weeks ago. I used a whitish grey mix wash for the mortar and blotted it up with paper towels. Also in the last shot you can see the greyish color of the wooden loading dock.

I also was trying to work out why my e7's (proto 2000) keep wanting to derail at a couple of switches. I almost think there's an issue with the trucks on those engines as the trailing truck seem to want to follow the switch off rather than the straight thru. Not sure why yet. I also have a small gap in a joint just before switches that may be part of the issue as well. NMRA gauge says everything is correct, but still something not right. Doesn't seem to affect 4 wheel trucks, just 6 wheel ones.

Well, first call of the morning...

BBL

Good Morning Everyone. Happy Columbus Day. Partly cloudy and 59°, only supposed to get to the lower 80's today. A brief thundershower last night around 9:00 left me with 0.45" in the rain gauge, better than nothing. Today should be clear and then three days of thunderstorms, any rain right now is welcome. Many of the local trees have lost over half of their leaves in the past week due to the drought.
Daughter and two grandsons came by with the granddog yesterday for a few hours. Not only did she mop the kitchen and bathrooms, but she brought sub sandwiches from Jersey Mike's with her. Grandsons used grandma's laptop and tablet to play games. I ate lunch and took a nap.
Today's visit is scheduled to be the home health care nurse, Staci. Next blood draw is Thursday, so I don't know what she'll do today. She lives close by, so we're the first stop on her rounds now.

Thanks as always for the likes and comments regarding the photos yesterday; Christian, Steve J, Ken, Joe, Jaz, Jerry, Mikey, Patrick, Tom O, Rick, Sherrel, Hughie, Garry, Curt, Chad.

A tall stack of blueberry pancakes and an equally tall stack of sausage patties for me this morning Flo. Apple juice instead of the usual OJ.

I had a productive day yesterday out in the train shed. Used four more colors on the crates and rubbish piles, actually completing one of the two. I don't have enough yet to justify setting up for the dull coat, but should today after applying some more labels. I did some more painting on the walls, final touch up today. I also trimmed up the dock doors for the rear wall. just three more for the front to go. It isn't difficult, but the front wall was still in the paint booth. Alas! I didn't take any pictures since it is really repetitious.
I did wander around and take some other pictures though. Here are a few of Rita's Antiques. This is one of those "Homes of Yesterday" that was made by several manufacturers over the years. I believe that my version came from IHC, even though the parts have Heljan molded in.
IMG_7885.JPG

IMG_7886.JPG

IMG_7887.JPG

I noticed when I posted these pictures, that the overhead sign shows signs of peeling...need to fix that.

Mikey - Yes I have thought of having a vehicle up on blocks in a future scene. I am just not there yet. I have everything that I need for it.
Sherrel - Have you thought about re-establishing contact with Bob to see if the moronic SIL is gone?
Patrick - While I am not looking to purchase anything off E-Bay, I do occasionally look at things there. Yes, it is quite surprising that some items are bid up higher than they can be purchased new from many online retailers.

That's it for now, I have a few things to do before Staci arrives.
Everybody have a wonderful day. Stay safe.

Good morning from Wisconsin where it is 61f/16.1c degree and heading into the low 70’s hopefully. The rains are coming and the weather app and the TV guessers are saying maybe 3” depending where you are at. Possibly severe at times. It definitely is lush green grass with the trees though really now starting to turn. Groceries need to be picked up at 9 or in 25 minutes. Terry will handle it.

I did promise I would ride before the rains hopefully but not looking forward to it. Terry and her stable crews took in 6 rescue horses yesterday evening. They are in poor shape and the farrier gets 1st crack after the vet inspects them. That started early this morning as Terry was out there around 5:30.

Still no copper tape for the slot track.

I did finish soldering wire drops to the buss line. The expansion project is being attached this way as an experiment. I really have had excellent success before with the “suitcase” connectors. But, they were out of stock on Amazon in the amounts I needed at at a much different pricing then I had paid previously. So, I purchased a pair of Klein wire strippers and they are wonderful.

All couplers, steel wheels and trucks on the Pulpwood cars are weathered. The red cars are being stripped and I will look at them this afternoon. The red cars floor boards are scratched up and hopefully the other 13 get done over the next couple days. This part I thought it would be easy and quick, but it’s not or at least not for me.

Have a great day
TomO
5992F70B-DE5C-43AE-A355-C2FC3FA213D4.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back