Running Bear's February 2021 Coffee Shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found a picture of Ken working with his snowblower:

151964326_786506022216103_2847927928818135619_n.jpg

Willie - Can beer go bad if frig loses power? Asking for a friend.
Short answer is no. Remember that most beer is shipped and much is sold at room temperatures, especially that which is imported from Europe. Light will affect the flavor, sometimes; hence the reason for tinted bottles.
I respectfully disagree with Terry, I cannot tell any difference in taste with the brands of beer that I purchase. I have heard from friends that certain brands of light beer do not hold up well to repeated temperature changes; that cheap swill from Colorado is usually given as a reference.

Here are a couple of links regarding the subject:
Re-chilling beer
Beer and power outages
If "your friend" is worried, my advice is to drink it rapidly. Invite his friends if needed.

Short answer is no. Remember that most beer is shipped and much is sold at room temperatures, especially that which is imported from Europe. Light will affect the flavor, sometimes; hence the reason for tinted bottles.
I respectfully disagree with Terry, I cannot tell any difference in taste with the brands of beer that I purchase. I have heard from friends that certain brands of light beer do not hold up well to repeated temperature changes; that cheap swill from Colorado is usually given as a reference.

Here are a couple of links regarding the subject:
Re-chilling beer
Beer and power outages
If "your friend" is worried, my advice is to drink it rapidly. Invite his friends if needed.

I will say this as in my opinion.....beer taste better in glass bottles than in the can.....I don't know what it is but that's always been the case for me. I drink dark beer anyhow. Guinness etc. I used to drink MGD, Mich Ultra etc....but believe it or not recently since my kidney stone episodes.....my Doctor told me to drink dark beer because of the magnesium in the beer will help break down the calcium oxalate. Now I do not drink beer on a regular basis like I did when I was younger. I just drink bourbons, whiskey and rums... I drink beer now once every 3 days just to see how that goes.

Does beer flush your kidneys?
As you've undoubtedly noticed, beer is a diuretic. It helps flush the kidneys and bladder. This can be beneficial if you're suffering from a bladder infection or kidney stone. "You can drink water or cranberry juice, but beer also works, "

What dissolves kidney stones fast?
Your doctor can determine whether a juice may cause side effects for you or your baby.
  • Water. When passing a stone, upping your water intake can help speed up the process. ...
  • Lemon juice. ...
  • Basil juice. ...
  • Apple cider vinegar. ...
  • Celery juice. ...
  • Pomegranate juice. ...
  • Kidney bean broth. ...
  • Dandelion root juice.
  • Dark Beer!

I will say this as in my opinion.....beer taste better in glass bottles than in the can.....
I fully agree. Besides, my mustache gets caught in the pop-top ring connection to the can!:mad:
Regarding the kidney stones, lemonade is great at reducing the occurrence, as the citric acid combines with the calcium to remove it before it becomes a problem. But I am borderline diabetic and lemonade has too many carbs for me to handle. Heineken beer (and many others) on the other hand only has 11 carbs per bottle and the doctor has told me to limit carb intake to 50 carbs per meal. Let's see, if I don't have any carbs for lunch and no potatoes for supper...

My preferred brand is Shiner Bock. However it takes in the neighborhood of 2 years to drink a 12 pack. Not that I don't like it, but like Willie I must watch carbs. Some foods just seem to be better with a cold beer, hamburger and on that very rare occasion pizza. The original question was in fun. My friend said thanks.

Power is back full time as of Thursday, Internet returned yesterday. Working on restoring water , acute shortage of PVC fittings and glue . Snowed Sunday, Monday,and again Thursday about 5 -6 " total with 1/2 - 3/4 ice . No well Sunday -Thurs , finally gave up and cut the pipe at the well head late Friday and got buckets filled . Today was spent foraging for food and glue. Surprisingly only a few wrecked cars and a bucket truck chained up to prevent sliding into the ditch .

Looked like one driver panicked hit the brakes and ,slid off before the bridge down the embankment though the fence (~100yard ) , their car is now a piece of farm equipment.

Last few days has been like being back in college , Everybody eats as much as they can and then you see who can hold it in the longest ....the loser gets a roll of toilet paper and shovel.

Temps bottomed ~ 0 - 2 F ( Blanco 1 F , Leander -2 F , Not the coldest I 've ever been but close ( January in Edmonton Alberta -20 C ) .

On the bright side , The tourist industry is having a remarkable comeback .The local grocery stores have become quite the tourist attraction, people are coming from miles around to stand it line for hours , just for the privilege of staring at an empty shelf.

I went to the Dollar General ...no lines.

The weather people at NWS have added to their notoriously inaccurate weather forecasts this year. Today they were predicting a high temperature of 38°. I just verified on all three of my outdoor thermometers that it is 56°. I wondered why I was sweating in a sweat shirt? Well it is a sweat shirt after all. Water company sent out an E-Mail saying that they hoped to have some water pressure back by 1:00 pm today, NOT! I did get a trickle at the cold water faucet in the kitchen for almost 15 seconds before I turned the incoming valve back off.
Neighbor who works as a manager at a large Kroger store said don't bother coming in yet, as they weren't even released for restock orders until this morning. Overtime coming up. She's relatively sure that the stores in the wealthy neighborhoods in Dallas and Ft Worth will get priority.

Howdy ....

Tom O, Guy, Willie, and anyone I missed ...... Thanks for commenting on my frozen lake picture. also, thanks to all who liked it.

Terry .... The snowblower photo reminds me of something Beady would have posted.

Willie .... I like your Import Autos Dealer.

Everybody ...... Have a nice evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back