Running Bear's November 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got this from another forum. A "metro" train in Rotterdam, Holland didn't stop at the end of the line and ended up hanging off a whale's tail...

I got this from another forum. A "metro" train in Rotterdam, Holland didn't stop at the end of the line and ended up hanging off a whale's tail...

YIKES!

Good morning gang!
36f this morning, heading to 63.
Flo, coffee please, can you serve it in an IV drip. I'm gonna need more than a cup.o_O
Do you know what the best part of the elections is? No matter who you voted for. The advertisements are over!!! My BS meter can finally take a break!!
20190121_125656.jpg
A little billboard fun. And yes, its a real place!

I remembered to drink water to make up for the alcohol last night. But I need a couple Ibuprofen and the aforementioned injection of espresso. If this cafe had a real espresso machine, I'd ask for a read-eye

Karl: nice billboard. I need to get one for Uranus Fudge. Got a friend in OK who stops there every time he heads that way outta state. Which he does a lot.

In between news and doom scrolling social media feeds, this is what I did a lot of last night

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 6.42.10 AM.png

Couldn't understand what the reporter was saying!

Good morning all from one of the Great Basin States! I hope EVERYBODY is doing well!.

My BS meter can finally take a break!!
Karl, you hit that nail on the head!! Do you know how some gauges have a peg at the end to keep the needle from going any further? Well, I think on the BS meter the needle has bent itself over the peg!! o_O

Great photo's all the way around, I'll throw a couple in here of a scale test car circa 1929.
IMG_20191030_160655857_HDR.jpg

IMG_20191030_160712599_HDR.jpg

Interestingly enough, this car was FAR from the end of train.
BE SAFE--STAY WELL

Karl: nice billboard. I need to get one for Uranus Fudge. Got a friend in OK who stops there every time he heads that way outta state. Which he does a lot.

I drove past the Uranus Fudge factory on my way to rescue my oldest boy from a bad living situation. Got a little nervous when I passed the 1st billboard that simply said "Fun in Uranus, 20 miles" Wife and I shared a nervous laugh.

Morning all,

Sun is on it's way up, so I guess we all survived. Clear and 53° with a high in the low 70's today. Now back to above normal (by 10 degrees) instead of the record snowfall we had last week. I'll have to mow the back yard, but hopefully most of the leaves will be down by then.

Kind of looking forward to being off next week. Although the wife still has to work, so I'll still have to get up at 4:00a.

Good Morning All. Clear and 51° in North Central Texas. And the winner here is pleasant unsettled weather for the next week or more. Temperature ranges from lows in the lower 50's to highs in the upper 70's until next Tuesday. No snow in sight.
I mentioned yesterday about our polling location being across the road from the local school. They encouraged all eligible students to exercise their right to vote. They held voter registration of all eligible students in September and allowed all 38 seniors (biggest class in many years) time to walk over and vote. By comparison, my three kids graduating classes were 13, 30, and 22 kids respectively. Great that they encourage participation at the earliest level.
I never had any issues with railfanning. For the former ATSF and SLSF lines (both now BNSF) that I regularly observe, there are many unobscured, up close opportunities to view them from that are on public land.

I'll go with the Presidential Omelet this morning Flo. Yep the one with all of the incomplete ingredients.

Thanks for the likes and comments yesterday regarding the additional museum pictures; Patrick, Karl, Gary, Tom O, James, Sherrel, Chet, Chad, Phil, Curt, Hughie, Tom, Ken, Joe, Garry, Guy, Jerry.

I finally got around to my next project in the train shed. I am going to do a build of a Blair Line laser-cut wood kit called Greene's Feed & Seed.
IMG_4982.JPG

So far I have detached all of the major components and painted them and all of the windows and trim.
IMG_4983.JPG

They provide a real nice little jig for assembling the stairs.
IMG_4984.JPG

This kit looks like it will be an easy one to complete in a short period of time.
I'll post some more museum pictures as soon as I get them sorted out a bit.

Patrick - Since both of my daughters live 70 miles away, I was able to successfully wean them of "dad can fix that" shortly after each bought their respective homes. I was too slow for them. My oldest daughter is currently having half of her kitchen rebuilt due to a hidden water leak in the wall that led to mold and removal of over half her cabinets to get at the walls behind them. While a real hassle, their insurance company is footing most of the bill.
Joe -
If the country as a whole reflects the attitudes of the folks who live around me, nothing will make them happy...
I see that attitude a lot in the metropolitan areas in Texas. For the rest of the state the attitude is leave me alone with a lot less government.
Garry - Dang, get well soon.
Jerry -
Great photo's all the way around, I'll throw a couple in here of a scale test car circa 1929.
1929???

OK, everybody have a great day and stay safe. Wear that damn mask in public even if it is uncomfortable. Mine creases my beard!:mad:

Great progress but you're not running a Pennsy consist? o_O :).
Curt: Simple explanation, I haven't started the Pennsy side yet. The PRR will be in the foreground.
BTW: your layout is moving along nicely.

IMG_3057.JPG

Reading Yard tracks are in place, Glue drying under roadbed of the Main. Diagional track is the Interchange with the Pennsy C&P branch. RDG is ME Code 70. PRR will be Code 83, reflecting the prototype location.

Joe - I never seen a model of a GP7 in the Reading yellow scheme, who was the mfgr...P2K? Athearn Genesis? Atlas? Inquiring minds want to know!

Ken: This one is by Atlas. I have two P2K GP7s in traditional OD Green...actually closer to Pullman Green ;) I believe Genesis has also done the yellow - green scheme, as well as the solid mid 70s green - black scheme. Who'd think that the Reading Company would have so many color schemes?

Yo Garry: Sorry to hear you are still struggling with the bug..URIs are dangerous and can lead to Pneumonia. (Ask me how I know), Pray you are doing better and that the antibiotic works quickly.

This morning the temperature dropped to 34°, (it was only supposed to go to 41°). Supposed to rise into the low 60s this afternoon. 🙂

The only comment on yesterday is that it looks like the pollsters got it wrong again...this morning's Times is questioning why a certain large demographic group is discounted in computing poll data...

Today is grocery and pharmacy day...maybe some yard work later.

Good morning from a warm So. Central Wisconsin where the weather app says the temperature should get into the 70’s and stay for a couple days. But, weather guessing seems to be on par with being a pollster. Have a great day. TomO

9A1D58DE-C907-49D6-99CF-CB853AB4A005.jpeg

Good morning. Another nice sunny day with the high expected to be in the 60's again for a day or two. My cousin and his wife are extremely happy with the new kitchen. He figured that after paying the deductible on the homeowners insurance it cost him around $4,500 instead of the $7,000 it would have cost him to do next year.

RANT - Do Not Buy LG appliances. Our LG gas range is kaput again with the oven not maintaining the proper temperature. We have already put well over $300 into it (4 years old) and instead of fixing it again, it will be heading to the dump. Bought a Frigidaire gas range at Lowes yesterday. Has good customer reviews and caught it on sale.

Joe - Like the progress. Track should be going down soon.

TLOC - Like the photos of the pulpwood loading area.. Thumb up.gif

Garry - Hope you get well soon and don't have Covid-19. A friend on out bowling league has it and he's miserable.

Karl - Great billboard.

Willie -
Like that feed store. So many new kits have come out in recent years that really have some excellent detail. Unfortunately I have no more room for structures.

From the archives, some before and after shots.

00002.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg

20180617_135438.jpg
attachment.php.jpg45.jpg
thumbnail_20200128_162610.jpg

Later

Afternoon All,

Started out chauffeuring the wife to BJ's and Target. After a late lunch I replaced the torn up scenery behind the RH then glued down some cork in preparation of track work tomorrow.

TomO- Very nice scenes.

Tom- Nice sunset.

Garry- Sorry to hear you're still under the weather. Get well soon.

Chad- Oops!

Karl- :D.

Troy- Good progress.

Jerry- Interesting weight car.

Willie- Looks like a nice kit. After our repair claim our insurance company dropped us.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Joe- Thank you. Great progress. What kind of track and T/O's are you using? They look brass in the photo.

Chet- Great before and after shots. It looks like a drive by shooting occurred in the last one.

I hope everyone has a good night.

Good Morning Everyone......sunny and very mild with temps in the low 70's.

No sleep last night watching the returns and the predictions. Miss Ronald Reagan.

I had a doctor appointment for this morning and as we were leaving the Doctor called and cancelled the appointment since he didn't want to see me as of yet, but in the near future for a good check up....Good Luck. With all the different doctors I see they should have all the bases covered. My blood tests were to say the "at least excellent with below normal or in mid-range everything". Cholesterol level at 137 for an old guy.......pretty good.

Took my wife for a pizza lunch at an Italian Restaurant that's in a over 100 year old building. Not that old when you consider my age. It has the original tin plate ceilings, but the steps to get in are a bit crazy and there a brass handle to help you pull up to get into the place. Great pizza.

The wife took me on a driving tour of Milwaukee where a majority of the shootings occur after dark. During the day the neighborhoods looked real peaceful. I didn't see one Milwaukee squad on patrol.

Drove through downtown Wauwatosa, Wisconsin and didn't see any trains on the CP main.

Chet: I've heard nothing good to be said about LG appliances. In fact our appliance guy say that most need repairs due to the inferior parts and materials used in their manufacturing process, but people do buy them on a regular basis. Sometimes the cost to repair a newer appliance justifies the purchase of a new one. Interesting before and after photos of your layout under construction.

Our new refrigerator is due for arrival. After remodeling the kitchen, the old appliances needed replacing and the refrigerator is the last to be replaced.

1972, Bought it new and got rid of newer trucks and kept this one.

Chet: I bet its got a "Three on a Tree".....?

Sirfoldalot: I like your photo of the three engine consist.

Time to leave......

Greg

#################

Well,

Daughter called and had to pull the kids out of school this afternoon. They're now under quarantine for 2 weeks as they all went to the son-in-law's brother's house for Halloween. All were wearing masks, but his wife turned up positive, so because they were in contact, 2 weeks for them. Kids are upset as they had just returned to school on Monday.

At least I now know I'm not working on a bathroom next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back