Running Bear's May 2020 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi gang, just time for a drive by posting. We got blessed, it that's what you call it by a local feral cat, 5 times since Friday night. Now we have been feeding these guys KMR every few hours with eyedroppers. Bud the dog and Desmond the cat ain't happy about the new arrivals. Weve had lots of folks interested, but no takers yet.

Do you know how how to tell when a politician is lying???

His/Her lips are moving!! 😁

Attachments

• 20200516_151614.jpg
    20200516_151614.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 121
Hi gang, just time for a drive by posting. We got blessed, it that's what you call it by a local feral cat, 5 times since Friday night. Now we have been feeding these guys KMR every few hours with eyedroppers. Bud the dog and Desmond the cat ain't happy about the new arrivals. Weve had lots of folks interested, but no takers yet.

Do you know how how to tell when a politician is lying???

His/Her lips are moving!! 😁
I brought home a feral kitten once from under a bush at my mother's place. A smokey grey one like one of those. Smokey became it's name of course. The feral really never got out of it's nature. If it was hungry and past feeding time it would circle the wife emitting a low growl till it was fed. It was the scrappingest fighter in the neighborhood. There'd be circles of fur, with little of his where it had vanquished some trespasser. Had to rescue one such unfortunate once that he had wedged down behind the fence at the back and the embankment behind it, upside down and ripping the fur off it's guts. Vicious blighter. Died of old age and failing kidneys.

An interesting addition to the Bozeman Local as it switches the RY Timber yard this weekend, sandwiched between two ballast hoppers before proceeding to Bozeman via the pass.
1589712526295.png

And no, they haven't taken to having billboards, advertising Exxon, attached to it. Well, I don't think they have?

Only #404 doing the work today as it's usual companion, #405 is apparently quarantined for treatment.

1589713024876.png

It's actually easier to see the hoppers and tank car on the end in the faded picture as it's uploading, than it is in this one, where they're reversing onto the main, off the wye.

And away up the hill

1589713681001.png

Once again the faded uploading pic gives a much better view of that discharge chute, a thing I've been trying to see detail of for a long time. Looks like something you could easily fabricate to disguise the usual trap doors on a model. Would airbrushing the monitor screen with thinned white help?

Good Morning All. mostly cloudy and 64°. At least it warmed up overnight, stayed at 62° all day yesterday. It looks like I got 3.3" of rain since Friday evening, it's slowly moved east and out of here. Next chance of rain is next weekend.
The ceiling fan installation took a lot longer than anticipated yesterday. Not quite as limber as I once was!:( The last two days reminded me that I needed to redo the labeling on the breaker box as it has faded quite a bit.

I'll take one of Mel's Super Breakfast Burritos this morning Flo. The works with sausage, bacon, cheese, potatoes and eggs. Of course a heaping spoonful of spicy salsa for dipping.

Thanks for the likes and comments yesterday; Sherrel, Garry, Guy, Joe, Chad, Curt, Karl, Jerome, Alan, Bob.

Nothing really new to report from the train shed. I continued with the ground cover and started weathering the scrapyard fence. I'm still working on a few more details to put in place. Pictures tomorrow as I left the camera outside and my wife prefers that I get dressed before venturing across the yard!
Let me see what I can find in the archive. Here's a few young ladies loitering about. It's in an unfinished part of the town of Vernon.
05-16-20 003.JPG

The Second Class Saloon is a Grandt Line structure, while the Modern Salon is a City Classics kit.
Here's a couple more dogs that I don't remember posting. Excuse me if I did.
05-12-20 003.JPG

Sorry that it is a bit fuzzy.

Joe - I added that cab shot just for you as I know how much you appreciate them. Not many get to see those views in the real world.
Phil - Get well soon.

Short and sweet today. Everybody have a great Sunday.

Good dark-n-cloudy morning, everyone! Let me tell ya, mother nature is playing us like a yo-yo! Two days ago it was slightly below freezing in the morning, and then yesterday it warmed to a 68 degree scorcher in the sun. Today, it will likely rain hot drops, as it's supposed to reach around 70. I fear I'm about to find out what a lobster feels like; from the cold Atlantic into the cauldron.

Willie - nice structures. I wondering what the drapes on the saloon windows are made of. Are those cloth?

Karl - Good luck with the kitties; the only cat I've ever had was one I saved from drowning when I was in grade 2. I guess as a young boy, I didn't think it was fair to just drown a kitten. That Calico I ran out the door with lived a long time after that; 14 more years I believe.

Well, I just don't have too much to say today, and I'm plumb out of train pictures. So I'll leave an airplane photo instead, that I took in 2012. Trains, planes, and automobiles; it's all fun:
Pitts2012 (1).JPG

Have a Wonderful Day, Everyone!

Top of the morning to all you this morning. Present 58 degrees going up to 80 they guess - it was an 83 high yesterday. More partly cloudy with the AF Thunderbirds somewhere enroute for a flyover today. The CA Guard made a circle over here yesterday with a C-117 followed by a KC-135 tanker - they have a base north of us here at March AFB - which also has a pretty nice collection of warbirds and transports going back to WW2.

I need to get out to the MIL's place where the Spousal Unit is taking care of her Mom this weekend and see about getting the RV up and running for the year. We are planning on another trip up North to the Redwoods again. The youngest daughter and the G-Kid here have never been. We may even see if the Skunk train is in operation - kind of doubt it though.

Finally received our stimulus check yesterday ... mine is already spoken for with a $505 waterpump replacement for the P/U and the annual $594 license fee for the RV due! The hits just keep on coming!

GUY - Sorry to hear that you are out of photos this morning - I have really enjoyed your postings! Perhaps a pic of your childhood cabin attempt? The one that has the gods wrath down on you? LOL!
I like that loader you got there! Is the Canadian Dollar really 55 cents now, or was that Ray (from down under) talking about that? I want to say that the CD was $1.06 when I was ferrying small planes to AK back in the 60's?
I cannot understand what it is with the cost of shipping say from me to you? Why so expensive?

RAY - Your storybook on the MRL is really nice - great photos too!

Willie - Is Arlene afraid that your "crowded up neighbors" will see your nakedness if you trot over to the shed to grab the camera. Yeah - would probably scare me too!
Nice shot of the puddles in the front yard ... I guess that we have about seen all the rain we are going to have this season.

CURT - I really like the colors of the buildings you put together. The stonework colors look spot on to me!
Looking forward to when you start the layout?

Patrick - Hope things are looking better for your family? Prayers have been said.

PHIL - Hope you are feeling better too!

Thanks to all of you who commented about my "cure" - I just pray that it stays in the pen. I do not want to go that path again - It seemed to take forever to get over the effects of Chemo? Not a fun thing, but I guess it worked.
I am more than ready for this country to go back to NORMAL! I wonder if it ever will again?

Good morning y'all. it's a sunny Sunday here in Jersey. Today's breakfast was a bacon and egg sandwich on toasted home made bread, with coffee. Not exactly diner fare, but it hit the spot.

Willie:
Location, location, location...the Saloon next to the Salon...perfect together, The ladies can freshen their hair and nails before they go Honkey Tonkin' :rolleyes:. The dogs are a nice touch. In closing, Once you dry out, you can enjoy the day.

Karl: good luck with the brod of cute li'l devils.

Ray: Our Molly was from a feral family, and she occasionally shows her DNA. Otherwise, she is a good kitty.

Guy: Nice photo of the bi-plane. had a few flying over yesterday, towing banners. They fly slowly, and have a distinctive sound. Looks like the one pictured is used for purposes other than towing advertising banners.

Alan: The passenger train looks fantastic on the club layout.

Spent a few hours redesigning the "PRR" portion of the Eastern side of my layout. I tore out a couple of short sidings, and started placing track to see what fit. I need a structure and siding for handling paper pulp, as well as a couple tracks to handle tank cars bringing in caustic soda and
chlorine.

Still to incorporate is a track for plastic pellets, and a runaround track. Ultimately, I'll have to revamp the staging, but that's another project.

Fortunately, the track was just tacked down, so I was able to salvage most of it. The roadbed....was another story. :rolleyes:. The longer I operated that portion of the layout, the more the design flaws became apparent, even though it was based on the prototype. The difference was the real PRR had two tracks with crossovers so they could run around trains, where my space saving single track didn't afford me the luxury....

Train # 193 - The Queen of the Valley - Reading PA - June 1953.jpg

In 1953, the Reading dieselized the remaining passenger service between Allentown PA and Harrisburg PA. Pictured above at Reading, PA's Outer station, is one of the Jersey City to Harrisburg trains, behind one of the CNJ's Baldwin dual cab passenger units. Note all the cool cars parked in the foreground.

Don't pay the ransom!
I escaped!!

Since my MIL fell on Friday, Dec. 13th, someone has had to stay with her as she recovered from a hip replacement, mild concussion ans compression fracture of three vertebra in her back. Only the back still hurts, but she needs a walker or cane to get around. My BIL lives with her but he had to go to Florida for business. My wife and I went to stay with my MIL on Tuesday and got home last night.
I have 10 pages of comments and pictures to look over to catch up.
I will try to refrain from making smart azz comments. I missed the daily news and pictures on this forum!

Willie - Is Arlene afraid that your "crowded up neighbors" will see your nakedness if you trot over to the shed to grab the camera. Yeah - would probably scare me too!
Nice shot of the puddles in the front yard ... I guess that we have about seen all the rain we are going to have this season.
It would scare anybody. This is Sunday morning with the "on the way to church" crowd starting early. With all of the rain, the vegetation along the road will grow tall enough to fix that pretty soon! Actually she is concerned that an insect might bite me on the member and put me out of action for a while!o_O
The difference in a couple of hours after everything ran off.
05-17-20 001.JPG

Just a small low spot that I'll fill in sometime.

MIKEY - Stopping payment on the ransom! Good luck with getting caught up on the posts ... I am on here most every day and I can't seem to stay "caught up"!

Willie - Most golf courses I see don't look that good - purdy!
Speaking of the "member" -- standing at a latrine in an A/P one day the guy next to me made the remark,
"Water is not very cold this morning" ... to which I replied, "Yeah, but it's not very deep either"!
:p:D:D:D!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back