Running Bear's October 2019 Coffee Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy ....

After 8 hours in the operating room, my Brother-In-law apparently will be okay. Two heart valves needed to be replaced instead of just one as was originally expected. ... Long day for family members. ..

Curt, Chet, Greg, and others ..... Thanks for commenting on my bridge photo.

Karl ..... I'm glad you are enjoying AZ. When I road on the Grand Canyon train, it had engines like the one in your photo.

Chet .... I like your turntable and steam locos.

WIllie ..... Nice layout pictures.

Everybody ....... Have a nice night.

YEAH, but this team has only been there (in Washington) since 1995.
Sherril- that’s like saying that the Dodgers & Giants pennants & WSC’s from their NYC days & the Braves’ pennants & World Series championships pre-1966 don’t count. It’s a given fact that they have chosen not to honor any jersey numbers retired by the Expos. Yan Gomes, Carter Kieboom(IL) & Koda Glover(60-day IL) all wear numbers retired by the Expos.

Good morning.....Rain all day today.
Chet - If it helps when I run multiple engines I start with the lead unit on the right side of the controller (like your A B) then the next on the left of the controller. No matter which way it's facing I make sure it's going in the direction of the lead then MU, continue the same (left side) for a third and so on. For helpers I use a second controller that has 2 units MU ed already. I pull behind the train and MU them to the train.The controller will ask to STEAL from the second,press yes and now the first controller is running all 5 engines.

Ken, I'm glad to see you are trying to see everything in a positive light. I'm so sorry to hear the disappointing news, but lets hope the cat scan reveals something easy to fix.

I'm sorry to hear about the delay. They should at least be honest; I doubt it takes 24-48 hours for authorization in this age of instant communication. They should say they need more time to see if the blockage clears itself or they can find another way to avoid having to pay. The wonderful world of medicine for profit. I'd like to see the CEO and share holders go 24-48 hours suffering and not being able to eat.

God bless you and your family my friend.

Sherril- that’s like saying that the Dodgers & Giants pennants & WSC’s from their NYC days & the Braves’ pennants & World Series championships pre-1966 don’t count. It’s a given fact that they have chosen not to honor any jersey numbers retired by the Expos. Yan Gomes, Carter Kieboom(IL) & Koda Glover(60-day IL) all wear numbers retired by the Expos.

Mike, that is a sore subject with me. The Expos should not be forgotten! Although they never won 100 games or more they had some good teams north of the border.

Occasionally, rarely the Orioles honor the ST. Louis Browns by wearing their uniforms, but they have not retired any of their numbers.

I resect what Art Model did when he agreed to leave the Browns name and memorabilia in Cleveland.

There is talk Tampa Bay may be playing some home games in Montreal.

Washington Nationals - National League Champions!

1933 was the last time a Washington team played in the World Series. At least they don't have to face Carl Hubbell this time!

We need some of these in the coffee shop! ;)
1571220625559.png

I don't know if you'll be able to access all the info on this ad in a local online selling website, but it shows a restored (with some minor work still required) of a Valiant Charger from the 1st production year, 1972. It is one up from the base model, having a 245c.i. 6cyl 3spd manual trans. The base model was 215c.i. Asking price AU$44,000
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/rus...mpaign=LF7-Automotive&utm_content=163436_9299

King Toot, that is a cool looking car! I find the differences in Australian and American production interesting. Thanks for posting that!

My cousin had an old Dodge Dart with an inline 6cyl and manual transmission. The car fell apart around the drive line, but it was reliable.

I had the same experience with a Chevrolet El Camino, inline 6cyl and 3-speed column shifter. The shifter linkage got to be delicate, but if I shifted gently she gave me no troubles. I paid $400 for the El Camino, it gave me the lowest cost/mile of any vehicle I ever owned! I replaced the tires and battery then drove it over 40,000 miles.

Good morning Everybody!

It's 63 with 93% humidity, 5mph winds under cloudy skies in southeast Baltimore. It's the calm before the storm as a nor'easter bears down on us arriving later this morning. No Amazon work for me today, unless the storm passes quickly that is. ;)

What a fantastic orange sunset last night as I was traveling, in beautiful, rural southern, Maryland, delivering packages for Amazon. I only had 14 stops but long private driveways and more distance between stops, meant it took me nearly 2 hours to finish. I only got paid for 3 hours, but I did get an extended rate that was higher than a standard 4 hour route.

Southern Maryland is like other parts of Maryland in that many farms have been sold to make way for housing developments. I'll give them credit for mostly preserving the rural look of the area along with most of the trees that line the streets. I'm always amazed when I see the signs, "New homes, starting in the low $900,000s", many floor plans to choose from."

I'm going to makeup some meatballs to cook later.

Have a great day Everybody!

I forgot to mention.

Willie, There are almost 2 million household in Maryland. The Kirwan Commission, if fully funded (a big if) would cost 3.8 billion. That works out to a little over $1900 per household, far less than $6000.

Boris, unlike New Jersey's court ordered reforms the Kirwan Commission was created by legislation in 2016.

Personally I don't know enough about the commission to either support or oppose it, yet. I still have not read the entire report. but I will.

Its chair, William Kirwan, Chancellor Emeritus of the University System of Maryland. gives me reason for hope, but that and a couple of dollars gets me a cup of coffee.

Maryland is trying to hold schools accountable. The jury is still out on the new 5-star school rating system.

For what it's worth my grandsons are fortunate as their school is one of the few 5 star schools in Baltimore City. My grandsons attend a charter school and they have a great leadership staff. I just wish they would cut back on the multi-lingual phone calls!

While I'm at it; I am all in favor of making English the official language of the United States. I'm all in favor of immigration, but if you want to join the "melting pot" at least learn to speak English like my ancestors did! I learned very little of either; Gallic or German from my family and certainly can't hold a conversation in either.

Good morning everyone. 39 and clear, heading for mid 50s today. Fall is here.

CambriaArea, Flip, Patrick, Sherrel, Willie, and anyone I missed - thanks for the likes on yesterday's post.
Garry - Glad your BIL will be okay. Prayers for a quick recovery from the surgery.

Began work on the "Northside Improvement Program" (funded, or course, by increased 1:87 taxes). Swapped the dairy structure and the lumber yard area: I think it looks better and gives more room for the road extension. Brought the road further out of town and made the bend and then ran out of road. Have to buy or make some more. Trying to arrange the hills so they make sense and yet add drama to the scene. Any suggestions? Here are a few photos:

The road will follow the track on the right side of the photo, then turn north and "disappear" while a dirt road connects to the Dairy.
NorthsideImprovementProgram1.jpg

Trying to nestle the lumber yard between some hilly terrain. Not sure if I like it. Still thinking about it. Any suggestions?

NorthsideImprovementProgram2.jpg
NorthsideImprovementProgram3.jpg

I would appreciate any consider any suggestions on the scenery.

Time for more coffee. Have a good day everyone.

Mike, that is a sore subject with me. The Expos should not be forgotten! Although they never won 100 games or more they had some good teams north of the border.

Occasionally, rarely the Orioles honor the ST. Louis Browns by wearing their uniforms, but they have not retired any of their numbers.

I resect what Art Model did when he agreed to leave the Browns name and memorabilia in Cleveland.

Louis, Sherrel and Mike:

How 'bout dem Nats? I listened to the last two innings via MLBTV. I have been following the Nationals closely since 2005, when I attended Harrisburg (PA) Senators (AA) games on Thursday afternoons, during my layover. many of those players graduated to the Nationals.
At least the first two games of the WS will be on Fox 5, so I will be able to watch them.

Sports teams live in their own reality. it bothered me that Robert Irsay was able to remove everything "Colts" from Baltimore, but Art Model was somewhat required to leave everything Browns, in Cleveland. Irony here is that both the Ravens and the Orioles were once called the Browns, eh?
Both the Giants and da Bums trace their lineage back to New York (Brooklyn), although folks in LA might be inclined to take offense to calling their Dodgers dem Bums. It's a term hardly heard any more. I suppose that the Atlanta Braves have to include their time in Boston and Milwaukee, because of the likes of Spahnn, Burdette, Arron and Matthews. I doubt that either Minnesota or the Texas Rangers care much about their Washington Roots, although the Senators had some great players back in the day.

Garry: Happy to hear your BIL came through surgery successfully.

Boris

Good Morning All. 48° and partly cloudy today. Cool front came through last night as predicted, albeit three hours early. Wind will turn around and blow warm air back up from the Gulf tomorrow around dawn. Humidity is really low and there is no dew today, so I can find some outdoor stuff to do early.
Semi-family reunion coming up this weekend. My aunt (and godmother), the last surviving relative from the generation before me, is coming for a "farewell tour". She will be accompanied by two of her six children and their spouses. Small gathering of fifteen second generation from my family on Friday night, and then Saturday, we unleash the forty or so third and fourth generation on her. And that's just my Mom and Dad's family. She'll be doing the same thing with her late sister's family in November and her own family at Christmas. Nothing wrong with her, she's healthy and only 82, but she likes to party especially when she's the center of attention. I last saw both her and her sister in July 2013 at a reunion in New York.

Good Morning Flo. I'll take the Wednesday Special this morning. Oh! You don't have a Wednesday Special. Then just make it sausage patties and two sunny-side up eggs.

Thanks for the likes and comments on yesterday's photos; Chad, Sherrel, Chet, Johnny, Patrick, Phil, Louis, Jerome, Curt, Ken, Tom, Garry.

Wow! I never made it to the train shed yesterday, life just got in the way.
Here's a few pictures of a switching run I made Saturday in an industrial district.
Arriving at the location.
10-12-19 001.001.JPG

Pulling empties.
10-12-19 005.001.JPG

New loads in place.
10-12-19 008.001.JPG

Switching the fertilizer distributor.
10-12-19 010.001.JPG

Re-arranging caboose location.
10-12-19 012.001.JPG

Karl - No haven't found it yet. I have scaled back the efforts though. It just bothers me that it is missing somewhere. I am concerned for my crews safety!;)
Louis - It is interesting to me to watch the tire installation process at that small shop. I spent much of my working career planning and managing efficient manufacturing, so that type of stuff still interests me.
Willie, There are almost 2 million household in Maryland. The Kirwan Commission, if fully funded (a big if) would cost 3.8 billion. That works out to a little over $1900 per household, far less than $6000.
I hate to beat an old horse, but I am going to this time. I specifically wrote "all taxpayers,"; not households or residents. Anyone getting EIC, falling below the poverty level (10% in Maryland), most SS recipients and many other low income families do not pay taxes.
Ken - Continued prayers for your wife.
Garry - Glad to read that your BIL will be OK.

Today is National Bosses Day, I used to like this one. If you got one, time to kiss their..... If you are one, enjoy it.
Everybody have a great day

I haven't gotten any, yet. I accept ads from this site through the ad blocker software. Always at the top or bottom of the page.

Thanks, Toot - I've noticed those ads today. First time I've seen them, so something has happened in the last 24 hours or so?!
There's one, right between you two's posts for proPDFConverter and one below Louis'. Thats about over 65's in Australia. There was a few like that. I wonder if it's piggy backed in on the car ad I posted? Seeing you've had a chance to view it, I'll delete it, in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back