Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the new spring end cap and fixed the 1911. Dam is that thing hard to reassemble!!
There is a reason they have gun smiths.
Note to self - use them!!
E

Good evening. It's cloudy and 34 here.
"Here" being Montoursville, PA.
We've been spending some time with some of my family, and my friends at Bowser. We'll be back home tomorrow, whenI'll try to catch up on what I missed today.

News. CSX CEO , Hunter Harrison, passed away. Joe will be interested.

Thanks for posting this. I remember Jeffery from when I was active here before around 2008-2010. I haven't seen anything about him since I became active here again and was wondering what happened to him. I have missed his posts, and him.

Paul ... you are welcome. I started in this forum as a favor to Jeffrey . I knew him from the Model Railroader forum which was one of the forums to participate in. When he went into the hospital I offered to post in the forums about his status. I like the guys here, and so far they have not kicked me out.

Justin ... sad to hear what happened. Prayers for you and your wife. The Coffee Shop Patrons care.

Dave Truck Dad ... welcome . Feel free to tell us more about yourself.

Terry ... visiting Bowser ? Interesting. I have several items on my layout they made . Still have some of their steam locomotives of the past, too.

Everybody: Have a good evening.

Last edited by a moderator:
This Is A Test Of The 'Forum Moderating System'...12/16/17 18:15...If this had been an actual act of moderating we would
have directed you to completely ignore 'Trig'...Sarcastic / Pretending To Be Pleasant / Dangerous Troll In Hiding / Warning !!!

We Now Return To Our Regular Programming...Thank You For Your Attention !!!

SPLENDID! The railroad will go right through Rock Ridge...splendid...all according to plan, quicksand and all. I've got the room darn it I'm gonna use it. Might even put batteries in the camera. Knee hurts like hell and I'm loving that my chest don't...today. Tunnel instead of turnout kind of freed the logjam and the new "vision" is starting to have a little focus.

Super happy to see all chugging along if not smoothly at least chugging...VERY CHRISTMAS!

News. CSX CEO , Hunter Harrison, passed away. Joe will be interested.

Garry: Saw that earlier in the day on Bloomberg. Suppose we will find out whether the man or the myth propelled CSX the last nine month or so. Bill Ackman, the activist investor pulling the strings in the background is still around, and the CSX Board is committed to staying the course. Interesting that Bloomberg, referred to HH as Legendary, and the Investment Bankers on Wall street held him in high regard, while career railroaders, generally were unfavorable. CSX was hit by the sudden decline in its coal business, a product line that probably will never come back, so some tightening would have been necessary no matter who was running the show. Time will tell who is/was right. In any event, HH was an interesting man, starting his railroad career as a Car Inspector in the '60s, and climbed to the top, as CEO, of four different major railroads.

Spent the evening watching the Outdoor Hockey game, held in Ottawa in 9° F cold. Senators won 3-0 over the Habs. While the crowd appeared to be having a blast, I was content to watch the game from home on TV, where it was much warmer.

I'm glad y'all liked the video I posted. Been a very long day for me. I've had to dig deep and pull my inner joker out to keep the wife smiling. I've done good so far. Hopefully I can keep it up. No trains today like I had planned. I don't know when I'll be able to work on my trains. Y'all have a wonderful night and I'll check in tomorrow.

Justin

Well That's Nice To See !!!...My Post didn't get the 'Moderation/Inspection'...Although I do seem to be missing a post somewhere out there...
Floating around in Cyber Space scared and alone...So rather than talk about the difference between 3031 vs 3032 and the apparent several
Bazillion variations of said Steamer over the years...I'll throw something up that's totally relevant, on topic, funny and just a bit obnoxious...

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...83BCA8D1BDFA9027FEF183BCA8D1BDFA9&FORM=VRDGAR

I had my 1st adventure into maintenance in many years yesterday...Needed to convince myself that I did know how to remove and inspect 'Motor Brushes'...
The Ol' 3065 ran much smoother after quick clean & replace but that's never a full cure...They Need Replacing...So I've got several sets on the way as there
are numerous Loco's that use the same brushes...So glad I was able to get the old ones back in without causing a disaster !!!...Another Small Success...Trig :D

Het Toot - it looks like we will be taking 18 of your 35 year old Austrailian F-18's off your hands and adding them to our 35 year old fleet of CF-18's, all because Boeing is slapping close to 300% in tarriffs on aircraft made here in Canada by Bombardier that don't even compete with them. Plus the fact that each of our successive governments doesn't want to spend the money on new aircraft.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/defence-procurement-1.4446941

God I love politics.

Yes I did hear that, pretty sure there's no bullet holes in them, maybe the odd boomerang dent.

COLD as a well diggers BUTT up in the swamp today! ten minutes after I post about my chest not hurting it snuk up on me and BAMMO shived in the ribs again...LOL...OY...ow...damn.

Need java.

Morn'in All...Eric I've been meaning to mention how much I like your Web Site...Clean & Easy...If you don't mind my asking, about how much is it per month for the hosting and did you build the site ???

I sent 'Dispatching & Operations' a memo this morning informing them of a new acquisition for the Fleet...A 3031 Steamer...Top 10 List in the 'Work Horse' Dept...Telex Couplers Too...:)

3031a.jpg...Models 3031 & 3032 produced between 1959 & 1999...3031 W/Telex - 3032 Without/Telex...Last 3031's produced in 1974...My Version from 1972 - 1974 era...:D

They sent me a rather curt return note suggesting that maybe I should do more Sorting / Cleaning / Testing and Track Laying so they could resume Operations...:confused:

Yikes.JPG

Being The Boss...I Inquired As To..."What were they planning on doing once I return to the Operations Dept. ???..."...Ahhh...Silence Is Golden...:cool:

cc: OPS Personnel File

Trig

Hmmm...Seems the 'Moderating' has resumed...12/17/17 06:11...Maybe it kicks in if I post an attachment ???
Oh Well...So now there'll be 2 posts floating around in Cyber Space...Trig

EDIT: Ahhh Haaa...Well That's Not Much Fun...

EDIT:Interesting...Just tried to insert an image via another 'Edit'...No Can Do...

Just for your information Trigster, the Moderating is quite automatic Large posts with lots of photos rings the bell. Then myself and Bob have to go looking for the post to see if it offends or not. If it does we delete it if not we OK it, By the way when commenting other members posts it is not necessary to re-post their photos too many copies of the same picture on the same page is not necessary and takes up room on the servers. There mystery solved :eek: Enjoy the forums
Willis

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning fellers. I hope everyone is doing well. Some interesting posts outside the coffee shop on here. I don't normally branch out from the coffee shop as I seem to only get updates from the coffee shop only. I know some of my posts warrant a separate thread away from the coffee shop. I should try to open up on posting outside the shop. Anyways the wife seems ok today. I'll remain flexible today as I would love to start my tear down today. I'll be around somewhere today.

Justin

I'm glad y'all liked the video I posted. Been a very long day for me. I've had to dig deep and pull my inner joker out to keep the wife smiling. I've done good so far. Hopefully I can keep it up. No trains today like I had planned. I don't know when I'll be able to work on my trains. Y'all have a wonderful night and I'll check in tomorrow.

Justin

Justin: Sorry to learn of your loss. As someone else mentioned you need to be a Rock for your wife to lean on. Everything else will eventually fall into place.

Good morning fellers. I hope everyone is doing well. Some interesting posts outside the coffee shop on here. I don't normally branch out from the coffee shop as I seem to only get updates from the coffee shop only. I know some of my posts warrant a separate thread away from the coffee shop. I should try to open up on posting outside the shop. Anyways the wife seems ok today. I'll remain flexible today as I would love to start my tear down today. I'll be around somewhere today.

Justin
Morn'in Justin...I recently went sniff'in around and found your "Layout Thread'...I like what you've done...I need to do more work & less research !!!
Hope All's Well With You...Best Regards...Trig

Good Morning All. 44° and cloudy. A few sprinkles between 1630 and 2100 yesterday left .4" in the rain gauge. Not a significant amount but welcome. The rain is on the way Eric. More in the forecast for Tuesday here locally. Lower back is complaining this morning that I may have overdid it yesterday. In advance of the rain, I stacked firewood, spread compost over parts of the garden and removed some debris that's leftover from a long disused (and collapsed) storage shed out back.
Out in the train shed, I think that I have finalized the locations of the next seven structures going into the small town business district that is under construction. Since two of the structures are Merchant's Row types, that's thirteen actual businesses of which I have only named and detailed five, a barber shop, pool hall, spa, bank and movie theater. A bookstore, reality office and a hardware store are on the list of tenants, I just have to detail the storefronts. Five to go, which cannot include a drugstore, appliance shop, men's clothing store, tobacco shop, record store, boutique, or a radio/tv store since I already have them. I do have one bar and one restaurant, but could include a second one of each. At least one place will have a doctors office on the second floor. Thoughts everyone since I seem to have a mental block right now. Oh! Maybe a hobby shop for one of them.

Justin - Thanks for that video. I rarely see eastern power of any kind. Several places in the video remind me of seeing F7-B units lashed up with geeps in the early 70's which looked strangely odd.
Sorry to hear about your family loss. Don't worry about the trains for now, stay with and comfort your wife. I've been there (wife had one as well) and understand the feelings, although she did chase me away after a while.
Garry - Thanks for that reminder. I followed Jeffery on several forums including his own. I was planning a trip that would take me close enough to see him at the time of his passing, so we never got the chance to meet personally.
Paul (oplholik) - You asked about jbaakko. I believe that he voluntarily withdrew from the forum when he had some issues. If I remember correctly, he had many locomotives that belonged to other members that he failed to detail and hadn't returned them either, although they may have since been returned.
http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/...y-custom-paint&p=387234&highlight=#post387234
He had his own active forum but hasn't posted under that name since 2015.
Dave - Welcome to the Coffee Shop.
Bruce - Glad that you are on a roll again.
Trig - ?!?!?

Everybody have a great Sunday.

Willie

Good morning ..

Justin.... I enjoyed the video you posted of eastern railroading in the first generation diesel era. ...

Joe ... I'm not a fan of Bill Ackman, either. ... Unfortunately, HH already implanted some of his schemes to make a fast buck for the activist investors. .. It will take a while for CSX to recover if and when Ackman goes away. Their schemes is to make a fast buck today while undercutting future profits of the company. Of course, they divest from the company before future profits are impacted. ... Employees who lost their jobs in the process suffer hardships.

Willie ... I neer met Jeffrey in person, but I did talk with him on the phone a few times. Interesting guy.

Have a nice day, everybody.

Morn'in Justin...I recently went sniff'in around and found your "Layout Thread'...I like what you've done...I need to do more work & less research !!!
Hope All's Well With You...Best Regards...Trig
Research is a great thing trig. I did a bunch of research. I asked questions and took notes. I was on here for a better part of a year before I started my build. However I rushed my build. I like my layout but the enjoyment is hindered by warped table panels. But I do enjoy your kind compliments. In all honesty I've debated with myself on whether or not I want to do a tear down or not.

Justin

Morning All! I will have an apple fritter with a cup of black coffee. In a hurry this morning so I won't tarry too long.
It is 41* here at the moment - going up to 71* for a high they say. The winds are back - 10-15 mph here which means that they possibilily will be much higher up where the fires are. Nephew and family are still away from their home up near Santa Barbara - they have no idea when they will be permitted to return, or if they will have anything to return too!
Just a quick side note: Two days ago when we had pretty high winds here, the winds were clocked at 65 MPH at Mt. Palomar which is just south of us and 66 MPH at Ontario airport about 45 miles north of us.

TRIG - You have totally lost me with your post? Notice Willie's question mark as well? There is a limit on the size of photo's when posting. Many of us had to get links to downsize our photos. I'm not sure what the limit is, but I do know that I have had no problem with 1/2 MB or smaller? I'll try and find the link later today if you need it.

DAVE A.K.A. Truckman - Welcome to the zoo! Glad to see another joining the circus, even if you were sneeking around. - lol
We have a pretty goo group here - enjoy and have fun ... that's what model RRing's supposed to be.

Happy Sunday All. over and out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back