Running Bear's Coffee Shop LVI

Good morning. It's cloudy, windy, and 65. Not a drop of rain from the tropical event, though 50 miles East of us got a fair amount.

Good Morning Everyone. Clear skies and 68° here this morning. Weather Underground is reporting wind gusts up to 2.3mph, hardly noticed them when I went out. Spent most of yesterday in the kitchen. Cut up and trimmed a 12 lb pork shoulder, half went into the crockpot for pulled pork BBQ, the other half is marinating for use as "carnitas", a very tasty Mexican dish. Most of the pulled pork went into the freezer after supper for later use. We'll end up getting 12-14 meals out of this hunk of meat.
Out in the train shed, I started installing windows in the Walther's structure "Ashmore Hotel". There's over 250 windows in this 11-story structure.
Garry - Happy Birthday.
Sherrel - Get well soon. Like Curt posted, I am also surprised that they let your family members fly if they were obviously sick.
Toot - Interesting creature, like many others down-under.
Chet - The old car pictures actually brought back memories. At least some of them, a few were way before my time. There were a few collectors in the neighborhood I lived in in the 60's, but most of their cars were not in such pristine condition.
Lame - Good to see you back. My condolences for your loss.

Good to hear that no one got hit by the worst of the hurricane/tropical storm.
Everyone have a great Labor Day weekend.

Willie

Since my earlier post an hour and a half ago, all the clouds have moved to the Northeast. It's now almost completely clear, still windy.

Good Morning Train Fans!
Seem to be back in the loop today. Yesterday was 86,400 seconds of my life totally wasted. I have no idea what caused my upheaval - but it seems to have moved on. The episode has put me behind on several outside job related activities, and the restaurant door still has to be painted and finished off.

Several of you have mentioned the "flying sick". To clarify somewhat ... BIL, SIL, and another couple who they were friends with ... won at a charity auction a 10 day trip to Kenya. Anyway, they all seemed to be find coming back but then by the time they arrived home they were (all four) hacking, coughing and with severe head and sinus type colds. I thought that it was caused from being on the planes for a combined 20 plus hours and breathing the dry air at altitude for an extended time, but it sure took the wind out of their sails for several days. In retrospect I believe that I just had some type of 24 hour bug, but boy, it made me sit up and take notice. Ha, Ha .. and I did a lot of sitting for sure - LoL.

Sure glad to see that no one was hurt with the weather goings on.
LAME, Sorry to hear of your father;s passing.
PHIL, Hope you get your 'puter' working well again.
TERRY, TOOT .. What the heck is "One Note, Drive" or whatever you two are talking about? Is it something I should use, have, etc?
GARRY .. stay safe on the roads - they are getting more dangerous out here with each passing day.

Sherrel - Glad to hear that you are better. At least it wasn't Ebola or Zika.
Terry - Good to hear that the storm missed you to the East.
OK, the dew has dried enough so I can start mowing.

Willie

Sherrel, One Note and One Drive are Microsoft programs. One Drive is a cloud-based file system, and offers a small amount file storage in the cloud for free, and the price goes up quickly from there.

113 Did you see the Milwaukee Road video I posted from Lionel Tracks?

Terry I'm glad you were spared by the storm. I will happily take the clouds. My niece in Willington was not hit as hard as expected and suffered no damage, thank God. I hope and pray Everyone is safe and sound.

Karl you take those clouds and like them! :)

Sherrel is sounds like a stomach bug, I'm glad you are feeling better.

Willie pace yourself my friend. I am in cruise control today. No baseball, I think I am going through withdrawal.

Thanks for reminding me I am supposed to put a pork shoulder in the crock pot. I cover it with beer. I have to do something with all this beer left over from the 4th of July. I have been also using up the beer making "beer butt chicken" on the weber kettle. Since the temperatures are lower I am making soup stock today as well. I do enjoy cooking.

That is a lot of windows! I look forward to seeing your hotel if and when you post some pictures.

Boris how are you making out this weekend?

E I hope you are doing well.

Corey and Matt where are you guys? We miss you!

Anybody heard from David in CA? I miss his posts as well.

Chet we miss you too, but we know you are a busy man on the weekends.

Hopefully we hear from Curt and Phil before the day is over.

David aka LASM is fishing, I wonder if we get invited to the fish fry? I love fried fish!

I hope Garry is safe driving on this busy weekend for the roads.

Ken what's up?

Mel you have any more car pictures?

We already heard fro King Toot this morning, it's bed time down under.

If I missed anybody, forgive me, I'm not "right" in the head. ;)

Hi all. So far I'm just relaxing with my girls today. No real big plans for the weekend here. Beautiful weather today though.
9a387a50570ea72d06fb3597104dbb66.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Good morning all.

Not much on the agenda today, probably run some trains and fiddle around the house, I have to clean the glass on our gas fireplace, it sure got black after only one year of use. I have some throttle body cleaner in a spray can that might work, it cleans carbon on a fuel injection system, should work on this glass.

LOUIS- This is a nice 56 Buick, I always liked this car.

DSCN9401.JPG

Eric- don't feel bad about the MRI, my MOH freaked out on this machine too, it is a noisy sucker!

Have a great day all!

Mel

Afternoon All,

Relaxing, drinking a coffee watching the Navy game (pretty one-sided). Earlier I swept the bird room and upstairs while MOH cut the yard (she insists on doing it-riding lawnmower). After she finished I weed-wacked which is my generic term for trimming and edging. Sometime this week I need to trim the hedges-probably Monday. Tomorrow the family is supposed to get together for a picnic, depending on the weather.

Louis- I feel your pain. I have issues with the Wii for the grandkids.

Toot- That insect is huge.

Lame- My condolences to you and your family.

Garry- Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary.

Matt- What are the pooch's breed?

I hope everyone has a good night.

They are Airedales, but don't have their tails docked or the official Airedale haircuts so I guess they are unofficial .

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Good Afternoon gang. I have a question for the Pennsy Modelers here in the Coffee Shop. What is or was the correct color for Pennsy N5c cabooses? Was it a boxcar red, or tuscan red? I have a Bowser N5c that I am working on,and was wondering what color of paint I can use for touch ups. I hope everyone here is having a good week-end,and all are doing reasonably well. Thanks for your help. Y'all have a good one. William.

Not much on the agenda today, probably run some trains and fiddle around the house, I have to clean the glass on our gas fireplace, it sure got black after only one year of use. I have some throttle body cleaner in a spray can that might work, it cleans carbon on a fuel injection system, should work on this glass.

Eric- don't feel bad about the MRI, my MOH freaked out on this machine too, it is a noisy sucker!

Easy-Off over cleaner will clean your fireplace glass just fine!! I used it all the time on my wood burning stove doors when I had my house in the mountains.

As for that MRI machine, I won't do that again.
One simple reason is I can NOT lay on my back that flat for that long without starting to choke. No amount of sedation will change that.
If they make a machine that can do me while I'm inclined and get that grill-work mask off my face and cut down the noise.... I might reconsider. Otherwise, f... it!

PRR Modeler, I am doing the late sixties to early eighties. The caboose I have is the one Bowser did up in the Buy War Bonds scheme. What I am doing is basically trying to restore it some what,you know,make it look right. I just happen to like the caboose,it's totally cool. William.

For those that commented on the Stick Insect photos (that is their common name), here's some info from Wikipedia The Exopterygota, also known as Hemipterodea, are a superorder of insects of the subclass Pterygota in the infraclass Neoptera, in which the young resemble adults but have externally developing wings. They undergo a modest change between immature and adult, without going through a pupal stage. The nymphs develop gradually into adults through a process of moulting.
The Exopterygota are a highly diverse insect superorder, with at least 130,000 living species divided between 15 orders. They include termites, locusts, thrips, lice and stick insects, among many other types of insects.

That one on the screen door is the largest I have ever seen. In their natural habitat (trees and bushes) you would have to be really looking hard to see one they are so well camouflaged. If it didn't move you'd miss it.

For those that commented on the Stick Insect photos (that is their common name), here's some info from Wikipedia The Exopterygota, also known as Hemipterodea, are a superorder of insects of the subclass Pterygota in the infraclass Neoptera, in which the young resemble adults but have externally developing wings. They undergo a modest change between immature and adult, without going through a pupal stage. The nymphs develop gradually into adults through a process of moulting.
The Exopterygota are a highly diverse insect superorder, with at least 130,000 living species divided between 15 orders. They include termites, locusts, thrips, lice and stick insects, among many other types of insects.

That one on the screen door is the largest I have ever seen. In their natural habitat (trees and bushes) you would have to be really looking hard to see one they are so well camouflaged. If it didn't move you'd miss it.
We have those in the States, as well:
http://www.whatsthatbug.com/2014/05/06/mating-mayers-walkingsticks-rare-species-florida-keys/

Back