Running Bear's Coffee Shop LV

Hey LASM!

How was your "vacation"?

Dreaming about our layouts is always fun and best of all its free!

That was work related travel last week, my wife came along and she had the vacation on that one. My real vacation is next week, headed for the Black Hills and Medicine Bow National Forest;

Not to say I am not getting any dreaming in, picking out structures for the new layout:

MBK maint shed.jpg

walthers sand n water.jpg

feed mill.jpg

AMB-115-2MBKfarmelevator.gif

Also, working on the track plan and room layout!! Almost too much fun!

Eric, F3 should turn it on and off. You should get a sound when you push the F3 button, along with turning on the mars light.

Joe, when I ran the stuff I was on, I had no shortage of "assistants" "helping" me. Unfortunately, those people couldn't really be counted on to do anything but gawk and ask questions. SOMEbody had to watch what was going on, and not just gape and gossip. I had to be the adult...

Eric, F3 should turn it on and off. You should get a sound when you push the F3 button, along with turning on the mars light.

That didn't do anything.
The cheat sheet says that would be the ditch lights but since this one doesn't have any, that would make sense to use that function.
I wonder if the DL is enabled and has a decent blink rate.
I don't know the CVs for those and the cat is now laying on all papers anyway.
Do you remember the exact model for this decoder?
I'll go pull the manual.
I'm curious what the CVs 69-124 are for.

Waiting on the USPS. ........

I don't know much about hockey, other then its fun to watch, but my Caps have a way of looking good right up to the playoffs.

The Birds never managed to overcome a bad August. Since second basemen Johnathan Schoop came of the DL he has had a big bat, but middle infielders need to be reliable defenders and he is not. He makes spectacular plays, but blows the routine play.

The Nationals have a similar problem at shortstop.

Can't anybody remember Mark Belanger? He seldom hit much over 200, but he stole a couple of hits from the opposition almost every game. The birds won a lot of games with him!

In crucial situations pitchers try to strike everybody out when they don't have confidence in the defense. That will never show up in any statistic.

The Ravens have played well, but not well enough to manage to win a game.

The Redskins are in need of RGIII, but he is still suffering with concussion symptoms. I worry Shanahan ruined him for life.

The Wizards should be good again so if all else fails we have them.

Louis: My from a distance assessment of the orioles was that they couldn't hold a lead...not sure whether it was sub par relief pitching or bad fielding. When it comes to bad fielding, I think the Amazin' Mets own the book, and I have to admit I watched them this year because you never know what will happen.They made it interesting. Mark Bellanger? Why he was one sharp golden glove fielder. Every team could use one like him. The Nationals...the problem is leadership. They got a lot of TV time here, and it was frustrating to watch them. Lot of dissension on that team. The Ravens can't seem to find the rhythm, once they do they will roll. Washington's problems are deeper than just RGIII. I don't think that RG has a future in DC, perhaps elsewhere. I'm clueless about the Wizzards, all you hear about around here is the Knicks.

The Capitols should be a strong contender this year. They added more skill during the off season. The Devils are not expected to do anything this year, but they may surprise. Should be a fun to watch team...no one expected anything from the Mets either.

And the Lord said: Let there be molds into the hands of the BigE. And, it was so!!!!

Golly mercy they sure stretched it out until the very end!!!!

These are huge!
The one on the left is about 1" deep in the deepest and the big one on the right is about 1.5" deep.
All I'll have to do is lay a couple casts of each of those and I'll my mountain half-way built!!!!!
They are already in for the warm soapy bath.
That's an 18" ruler for reference.
~

Attachments

• P9300028_1.jpg
    P9300028_1.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 136
And the first casts are in place setting up right now!!

By the way: I found a use for all that packing peanut/popcorn crap. Crumbled up it makes a good leveling medium for these molds.
What made me think of that a couple weeks ago I don't know. But it works.
Being as deep as these molds are, I'll let set/sit (I suppose either works) for about an hour.
This was a big batch I made and had none left over.
3 cups POP and 1.5 cups water.

I'll do another cast of each in hydrocal after these are done. AS Chet noted earlier POP is a bit heavier so I'll use these for base pieces.

And.... the chess match continues.....
P9300031.jpgP9300030.jpg~

Attachments

• P9300028_2.jpg
    P9300028_2.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 148
If anyone is curious: what Chet sent was 2 monster molds. Both from WS.
Facet Rock #C1244
Layered Rock #C1241

I had already gotten Strata Stone #C1239 in the "Learning Kit".

Well.... after an hour the first castings are still warm which tells me they are still curing out so I'll leave them be for a while.
Sorry.... forgot to post and couldn't wait. Time for another bath and go with the hydrocal this time.
E.

LASM Those structures you have picked out are great, I really like the sand house and water tank.

LOUIS and JOE Never thought RG would make it from the very start. Maybe a haircut would help him see the plays better.
I think there is too much Hype made over lots of the new comers before they have proven themselves.

JOE Congrats on the new addition to your family. Someone made the remark to me a few days ago that they grow up too fast ... I said, NOPE .. we are just getting old too fast!

Its been hotter than blazes here the past several days and we have 90`s planned thru middle of next week.
Today we got a break .. only 96 rather than 106!

Evening All,

Ran my son downtown today for an appointment, did my laundry and made a change on the scenery in my TT area. I am not sure I like it, but will post a picture tomorrow after it dries.
It looks like FL will dodge another hurricane thanks to a cold front, of course cold front is a relative term.

BigE- Glad the molds finally made it in. it was like my experience several months ago when a package from TX arrived 1 day earlier than 1 from China (both ordered same day).

NG- Glad you are still a go for the bench work.

I hope everyone has a good night.

ERIC How thick are you making the castings? I used to make mine with only hydrocal and as thin as I could .. only 3/16 to 1/4 inch thick. Hydrocal is pretty strong as you already know.

Louis: My from a distance assessment of the orioles was that they couldn't hold a lead...not sure whether it was sub par relief pitching or bad fielding. When it comes to bad fielding, I think the Amazin' Mets own the book, and I have to admit I watched them this year because you never know what will happen.They made it interesting. Mark Bellanger? Why he was one sharp golden glove fielder. Every team could use one like him. The Nationals...the problem is leadership. They got a lot of TV time here, and it was frustrating to watch them. Lot of dissension on that team. The Ravens can't seem to find the rhythm, once they do they will roll. Washington's problems are deeper than just RGIII. I don't think that RG has a future in DC, perhaps elsewhere. I'm clueless about the Wizzards, all you hear about around here is the Knicks.

The Capitols should be a strong contender this year. They added more skill during the off season. The Devils are not expected to do anything this year, but they may surprise. Should be a fun to watch team...no one expected anything from the Mets either.

The birds have had every kind of problem at one time or another this season, poor hitting, poor starting pitching, poor relief pitching and poor defense. I blame the defense of a few players because defense and speed are 2 facets of the game that do not go into slumps. Believe it or not we have either the best in fielding percentage or near the top, but they don't judge errors as harshly as they use to. Also you don't get charged with an error for not completing a double play. Statistics can be deceiving.

I think RGIII has lost a lot of mobility due to those injuries in his first season. Gruden does not seem to like him so you may be right that he will end up elsewhere.

Amazing Mets, really? Boris please don't say amazing and Mets in the same sentence, I still can't get 1969 out of my head!

You would enjoy the Wizards, last year they won on the strength of their team defense and speed. Injuries derailed them but for the first half of the season they were the best in the NBA.

The mystery of sports is its true beauty, you never know what will happen on any given Sunday, or any day of the week.

LOUIS and JOE Never thought RG would make it from the very start. Maybe a haircut would help him see the plays better.
I think there is too much Hype made over lots of the new comers before they have proven themselves.

Sherrel RGIII was absolutely fantastic his rookie season before leg injuries. Not since Fran Tarkenton have I seen a quarterback who could throw with such accuracy while on the run. He was abused by Mike Shanahan. He never should have played the last 3 games of his rookie season, but to his credit he did without complaining. I think he is permanently damaged for doing it, I hope not. He is a good young man, despite his hair.

I don't like the long crazy hair, I can't stand guys with dirty batting helmets. I don't even like to see beards. Dog gone Oakland A's and their beards! Times change, but I am slow to change with them.

ERIC How thick are you making the castings? I used to make mine with only hydrocal and as thin as I could .. only 3/16 to 1/4 inch thick. Hydrocal is pretty strong as you already know.

Funny you might ask me that - maybe not so really. I fill the molds.
It occurs to me why you ask that being the hydrocal is stronger. I should be able to swirl around a decent thick coat inside to make a shell.
I never thought of that.
Then again, why would I have? I've never done any castings. This is all new to me.
Time to mix some hrdrocal before supper.
E.

Any of you fellers know these guys?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcqzDmsWCuA

That was sent to me from a long time and fellow former co-worker at 2 companies who is going for his AP cert.
He was complaining to me tonight about having to install a DDC decoder for one of his qualifications.
We've been friends since about '83 and I about married his SIL - most likely a big mistake and loss on my part. (another sob story)

But as an aside, he's selling off all his G scale stuff come this spring if anyone is interested.
He also resigned his job today and starts on full retirement tomorrow morning.
He's my 'Nam vet buddy who was one of the PBR street gang fellers.

Batten down the hatches boys! The mid-east coast is about to get flushed!! Hurricane Joaquin is heading somewhere between Hatteras and NYC, most likely the DELMARVA coast. If it comes up the bay,,well there goes Central Absurdistan, right into the inner harbor!! (that may not be a bad thing!)
Louis, head for higher ground!!
We're ready, with pickups, ropes, and chain saws, along with flashlights, lanterns and plenty of T.P.
Might be a good weekend to pass time in the basement!!

narrows03.jpg

State Line Jct./B167.7
www.wmwestsub.com1800 × 1151Search by image
Another WM Challenger passed George's Creek Jct. but this one is downgrade, passing the State Line Jct. interlocking tower/office. (Bill Price photo)

wm1107-weber.jpg

Is it real, or just a Bachmann? :rolleyes:

Uh oh Karl!!!! You may have just started something!!!
All that projected, hyped up, computer modeled out the wazoo stuff should call for a response from the ocean borne fauna!

It's a SHARK ATTACK CAUSED BY GLOBAL WARMING ON MARS!!!!
~

Attachments

• Sharks_2.JPG
    Sharks_2.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 188

Back