That one item you have always been after

High Speed Kurt

Gone Railin!
What is it?

For me, I have been wanting a Proto 2000 SD60M in Norfolk Southern forever. The standard cabs are widely available, I like them so much I bought a third one, and changed the number. For some reason the widecabs are scarce.

I FINALLY got one on ebay last night for a decent price ($68 plus shipping) The unit is weathered. I cant wait til I get it in the mail.

Attached a pic from ebay. :D

What are you chasing?

Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Mo money.

Okay, okay, I'd love a good clean brass Santa Fe 5000 2-10-4. Actually, if they ever release one, I'd also like the brass hybrid Union 4-12-2 from BLI. I suspect I won't have any teeth left before that happens.

For the past year or so: an HO scale resin-cast B&O I-5 caboose. Used to be plenty available thru the B&O RR Historical Society 'company store' while I was still modeling CSX. Now they're nowhere to be found.

Here's what I'll do: Scratch-build one, then Spring Mills will announce their own version ~3 months later!:rolleyes:;)

A center cab 65 ton Whitcomb engine in Maryland Midland!!
1987110903.jpg

For me, its a NS SD40-2 3329, the Maresk Sealand one. Almost got one a few days ago, but some other bidder got it at the last second. No I wait a few more months to find one.

For me it's a Overland Brass Jordan Spreader, flanger, Russell plow and Schnabel. I know they make the plow and Schnabel in plastic, but the brass ones are soooooo nice.

A "selectively compressed" ho well car and to scale containers that looked and ran good on 18" curves.

I have taken the miter saw to some and 3d designed some with decent results but man, if only tyco would come back and make one.

Very rare, but I would love to get one of these in brass with a coal tender - it is a CNR 4-6-0

Also a CN Jordon Spreader made by Overland Models.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is it?

For me, I have been wanting a Proto 2000 SD60M in Norfolk Southern forever. The standard cabs are widely available, I like them so much I bought a third one, and changed the number. For some reason the widecabs are scarce.

I FINALLY got one on ebay last night for a decent price ($68 plus shipping) The unit is weathered. I cant wait til I get it in the mail.

Attached a pic from ebay. :D

What are you chasing?

Kurt

Nice model. Be sure to show us it when you get it.

C.B.&Q. F3A & B set in "Q" passenger scheme...if Athearn can ever get them in-country! Had one ordered since last March, and they are "promised" not earlier than March 2013. :(

Nice find Kurt!
Right now I'm digging for some code 83 flex, it's rare!

I guess my "unicorn" would be a CNR transfer van.
There's one on Feebay right now but I just can't justify a few hun for one car when I need more important goodies at this time...

Right now I have have been trying to find a pair of Atlas U23B's in the orange CSX MOW scheme. I already have my OMI CN Spreader and transfer van:D

hummmm well mth big boy buutttttt thanks to sean AKA irocinblue89 i got 1 :) so i dont really have anything else , let me think ???

Back