Weekly Photo Fun 7-15/7-21

jeffrey-wimberly

Dr Frankendiesel
DSCN1211.jpg

From last weeks WPF...

Littlefoot, nice close up pics! I didn't realize how detailed those Athearn Aces are. Too bad they had some issues with them. But I may end up getting a couple of those, after seeing your pics.

Josh, I like those new Armin Reefers. Great job on the subtle weathering, not too much. But I have to ask, it looks like the edge of the wheels have paint on them? Or does the photo make it look that way?

Motley- Nice work on the sawmill scene, I like the muddy pond. Thanks for the compliment on my photos. This is my second ACe from Athearn, both models were fantastic. The problems that i knew of involved the sound equipped models and quality control. I think that Athearn has since fixed the sound issue (not sure though), and both of the ACes i had were in excellent shape when i bought them. I even run mine though 18in radius track on the carpet, never have a problem. Now mine is only a DC unit, but ive had nothing but good expierences with the ones ive owned, and i highly recommend the Athearn ACes. As soon as i have the funds ill be purchasing a second one. Looking forward to seeing that sawmill progress!

Jeff- Thats an awesome scene, kindve looks like street running, which i think is really cool.

Jay- I couldnt imagine ever creating a layout that looks half as good as that, that scene is incredible! The weathering on that green boxcar really caught my eye, fantastic job!

*edit- post 1300, cool :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheesh! This thread has been slow this weekend.... DJ, as always some wonderful modeling a photography! Kevin, I really like your back lit shot!!! Alan, nice scene. Hey Jeff! Looks like ol' Ezra did some cleaning up around his place.....

I have been hard at work putting in rafters and bracing for the roof on the Engine House I have been building:

BranchEngineHouseDetail14w.png

Still have a good many more to install as you can see. Here it is sitting in what will be its final location on Bare Mountain near the quarry.

BranchEngineHouseRoof05w.png

BranchEngineHouseRoof06w.png

Ray, how's that clearance on the back corner of the engine shed?? Looks a bit close.

No problem, my longest rolling stock can make it without a problem.... Tis close though. Passenger consists won't be on that track anyway. But thanks!

Geeeeezus Alan, that is a awesome passenger terminal, WOW!

Here's an update on my sawmill scene.

P1000466.jpg

P1000458.jpg

Geeeeezus Alan, that is a awesome passenger terminal, WOW!

Here's an update on my sawmill scene.

Thanks, All. Motley, Nice sawmill scene.

For those with questions:

The depot complex is a combination of scratchbuilt (the station and the trainshed) and Kitbash (everything else) except for the commisary (not in the photo) which is a stock Walthers "Miranda's Bannanas". The station is made of mostly Legos with lots of detail uprades, and a full interior. I'll see if I have photos of it tonight, as I am limited on what I can do from work.

It's at my club here in Milwaukee. The station trackwork is also fully automated, with access from a double track wye. You can run a macro and select your track (1-18) from the lead you are using (1-4) Example: Lead 3 to track 14, select Macro 143, and all the switches line up for you. We also have a very sick individual who added all of those 1.5 volt lamps you see on the trainshed. I don't know how may hundreds there are, or how it is we didn't have to have the guy committed when he was done instaling them! The depot can handle 14 car passenger trains with an A-B-A set of E's or PA's on the longest tracks. It's a great club, if I do say so myself! :D:D

Back