Weekly Foto Fun 7/8 - 7/14

That engine house is GREAT!

Great pics by all.

Jeff: I like the pics of your layout but it looks smaller than it does in person. Good job of cleaning it up. I like the pic of Midland Gulf 007 peeking out of the shed.

DSCN1204.jpg

Great pictures by everyone this week. Here are my humble contributions. Sorry for the huge pictures.

ADKN 4051 arrives on the IL-NC Connector with a mixed freight. I arrived a bit late to the crossing so i just grabbed a shot from the distance.

Picture189b.png

4051 has dropped off its mixed freight, used the wye, and returned to pick up a few empty boxcars in the siding. Theyll be brought to the yard at Stony Creek and then put into a consist. Normally this job is operated by ADKN 1299, an SW1500. 1299 was undergoing routine maintenance when the call for duty came.

Picture170.png

4051 returning with the boxcars.

Picture159.png

Then stopped by the caboose track and grabbed a few shots of the 5 cabooses there.

Picture175.png

Picture174.png

Picture176.png

Littlefoot, nice close up pics! I didn't realize how detailed those Athearn Aces are. Too bad they had some issues with them. But I may end up getting a couple of those, after seeing your pics.

Josh, I like those new Armin Reefers. Great job on the subtle weathering, not too much. But I have to ask, it looks like the edge of the wheels have paint on them? Or does the photo make it look that way?

Josh, I like those new Armin Reefers. Great job on the subtle weathering, not too much. But I have to ask, it looks like the edge of the wheels have paint on them? Or does the photo make it look that way?
There's a tiny bit of over spray/bleed on the tread, but not enough to effect the wheels in any way. Easily cleaned with an Xacto blade. The wheel masks used, do a decent job of masking the tread to keep them clean, but it still bleeds a little bit.

Here's an older, test shot. These are a more rusty, under used, truck. But the wheel tread is shown. I painted these, but did not do anything extra to clean the tread after using the wheel mask.

Also included is a photo of the wheels in the American Model Builders mask, though I also have the MinuteMan Scale Models, and Modeler's Choice versions.
http://modelrailroadtips.com/index.php?op=Articles;article=361

Back