BNSF TEBC6 Build

I came across that by accident. I was going to paint the handrails and noticed the D/B

Jamie, I went out to the garage and into my bin of shells (probably 200 junk shells) and found the perfect donor. If you have an Athearn GP35, look at that hatch. I cut off of the shell and it is a dead on match, no work required.

Also for the squared nose, I cut of the rear end of and SD40T-2. (thanks Mark)

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, made some progress on this one tonight at work. The sill is all sanded down smooth, the pilots are cleaned up, the cab base is sanded down smooth, the SD40T-2 end is sanded down also, but will have to be cut in half and sanded down some, it's too wide. I got the 2 DB blisters cut off and sanded to a close fit, will require more work once it comes to final installation for those. Also found a nice set of Cannon dynamic fans for the roof.

100_1262.jpg

More progress on this one. Got the 3 access doors on each side of the sill sanded off. Started on the long hood also, narrowed down the end piece first, putty and fillers added to the inside of the sill ends.

100_1264.jpg

I'm retired Air Force, now work as a contractor for the Army. Totally different world they live in!!!!

I'm retired Air Force, now work as a contractor for the Army. Totally different world they live in!!!!

I was Air Force as well (SatComm/Wideband) and was at a forward reporting unit my last station, playing Army ... yeah, it's a different world.

Jamie, no been doing the holiday thing and then another project last night. Today I have to go fight the crowds and find a dryer for the wife, the old one gave up the ghost. LOL I'm thinking the Heritage III paint scheme with the swoosh.

Back