Show us your weathered boxcars and covered hoppers

Hi,
Here are my first works by using an airbrush:

..and here are the cars on on the run on my layout:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Frank -

Your weathering looks very good to me. I like it!

And your English is far better than my German!

- Jeff

Doesn' t erhalten viel besser als dieses Frankie. Große schauende Modelle.:D

Hi Brad,
Thank you for your comment but I cannot understand these words.:rolleyes:
In this case my english is better than your german;)....

Give it a second try(maybe in english?)...:D

Frank

Hi Brad,
Thank you for your comment but I cannot understand these words.:rolleyes:
In this case my english is better than your german;)....

Give it a second try(maybe in english?)...:D

Frank

Figures, damn internet translators.:rolleyes: It was suppose to read "Doesn't get much better than this Frankie. Great looking models.":D

I guess I will just stick with the English.

CSX:
csxa.jpg

CSX with graffiti:
sbdi.jpg

SPFE reefer (Genesis trucks weren't weathered because the weathering may affect the rolling ability):
reefer.jpg

Not weathered:
whiteg.jpg

Lightly weathered:
weathered.jpg

Oops, this one caught fire:
firews.jpg

great thread!!...no layout right now but here is a series of hoppers i completed last week..all retro fitted with kadees and steel wheels. i have about a dozen box car BB kits to start on next. always trying to improve.

GEDC1320.jpg

bachman shell plastics. i got frustrated with the reporting marks thats why they are crooked. i think ill graffiti this car:D

GEDC1321.jpg

athearn BB kit

GEDC1322.jpg

accurail kit

GEDC1323.jpg

BB kit

GEDC1324.jpg

GEDC1325.jpg

GEDC1326.jpg

and my old athearn f7a for the test drive...
GEDC1327.jpg

Here's one that I finished up a few weeks ago. It's not based on any specific car...I basically used it for trying out a few different things (safety stripes, oils, repaired roof panels). I'm not that happy with the roof, but I learned a few things for the next one.

Before:
IMG_2781.JPG

After:
IMG_3473.JPG

IMG_3474.JPG

IMG_3475.JPG

And here's one that I showed earlier in the thread, just finished touching a few things up:
IMG_3477.JPG

Here's one that I finished up a few weeks ago. It's not based on any specific car...I basically used it for trying out a few different things (safety stripes, oils, repaired roof panels). I'm not that happy with the roof, but I learned a few things for the next one.

Before:
IMG_2781.JPG

After:
IMG_3473.JPG

IMG_3474.JPG

IMG_3475.JPG

And here's one that I showed earlier in the thread, just finished touching a few things up:
IMG_3477.JPG

how much u charge to do a boxcar? i love ur work!

A few shots of my growing fleet of wheatered cars......

Two different Cotton Belt ACF hoppers....

For these cars I just wanted to create a dusty look.......

The following cars are "just for fun" and not perfect projects,they have no real prototype.These older bachmann cars were a gift from a friend who found them in a old box in a dusty corner of his basement.
The Safeway car was an idea fom my kids because they wanted to have a memory of our "favourite" supermarket of our trips to California.(Please note,I don`t want to start a discussion about shopping habits ....;)
I've printed the Safeway and Salinas Valley logo for myself on clear decal paper.

Two more "no cost" Bachmann cars.
Not well detailed but they're making a good figure between the other cars in a longer train

More to come,
Frank

Back