Show us your special rides

I think we would do well to ignore "Camp Ladell" since I suspect he's a well known troll. The less said, the better.

Well guys my daily ride is usually the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA), train and bus, but I do own a 2002 Monte Carlo and a 2002 Buick Century. Why I need two cars I'll never know.
But what's sitting in my garage right now is my younger son's 'tuner', a '96 Eagle Talon. The reason it's sitting is he has built a new engine from the ground up and just has a bit more work before it's back on the road. Here's some pics of his work in progress.

Whats with all the mustang guys??? They know a real car thats all there is to it.:cool:

GTO ='s glorified chevy cavalier LMAO.

how long did GM's GTO idea last....... not long at all I dont think they were as popular as GM hoped they would be.

he...he...he...he

LMAO I drive a chevy Cav. and i WISH it was a GTO haha im not even going to embarrass myself by posting a pick of my baby...just picture a deep purple '94 Cav. with a sun roof ahahah. Hell, it was my granmothers, and i got it for free, plus it only had 75,000 miles on it so whatever, it gets me from point A to point B...but id kill for a GTO lol or how bout a Plymouth Road Runner?

1968-Plymouth-Roadrunner-black-lr.jpg

This is a vehicle my team and me are building for the SAE Baja series competition.
63444588.png

Last edited by a moderator:
My ride, it's special to me whether it is to anyone else or not.

In it's better days lol: 2003 Ram 3500 diesel It now has 168,000 on it and still going strong. And best of all it's paid for :)

GTO = glorified cavalier? I may be wrong but wasn't the latest GtO built in Australia or maybe based on an Australian GM model?

Nice rides everyone.

Julien is that buggy pedal powered? or got a gas engine hidden somewhere? either way it looks interesting.

I'm sure it does, LOL, this is Beaver Slide Rd at the washed out bridge where it meets the track. In the wet months, its where you have to turn around, but late summer/fall you can wheel across the river and up on to the other side of the bridge and get back on the road. Lets see, there is the "1925" Truss Bridge and a short tunnel to the west, this tunnel, one other and three short bridges to the east. There is a fourth bridge that is toast, looks like Godzilla had a temper tantrum and kicked it a few times. Its right before the line makes the grade up to the Wolf Creek Trestle and Tunnel. Its probably the most damaged section we have hiked so far. (BTW, Jeep just parked for a poser shot, we do not drive the tracks, in fact you would only make it about 100 yards in any direction no matter what you were driving.)
I have a few narrow gauge questions for the area for you if you don't mind, I'll pm you or start a new thread.

What railroad obandoned the line? Any pics of the bridges? Sounds fascinating actually.

What railroad obandoned the line? Any pics of the bridges? Sounds fascinating actually.

I posted some in another forum, its the Port Of Tillamook Bay here in Oregon.
I'm not sure about the forum rules for linking back and forth between forums. I could link or re post them here tomorrow if necessary.
The railroad got taken out in a nasty storm (Hurricane remnants if I recall correctly) in December 07' and it pretty much ruined it. My Wife and I camp, fish and hunt near the line and we started exploring it a little more this summer and fall. It reminds me of a model railroad the way it has everything in a relatively small area. Its in the sticks really but fun!
I have lots of trestle and tunnel and damage pics (I'm not a photographer LOL) and my camera is a POS.

Well guys my daily ride is usually the Chicago Transit Authority (CTA), train and bus, but I do own a 2002 Monte Carlo and a 2002 Buick Century. Why I need two cars I'll never know.
But what's sitting in my garage right now is my younger son's 'tuner', a '96 Eagle Talon. The reason it's sitting is he has built a new engine from the ground up and just has a bit more work before it's back on the road. Here's some pics of his work in progress.

thats a great import car to mod for Big"cheep" HP. I have 2 friends that had the 91' Eclips with your engine. Both all wheel drive and same mods. transfer case was the biggest issues after 400-450HP whp. but it was strong and over built for its time. i will never forget the smile on my face after I did my first awd burnout. I just sold my 91 toyota Mr2 turbo. I loved that car but it was getting to be a pita to maintain.

Besides my old Macks I also have a 65 cadillac Coupe, 80,xxx original miles on the chassie, Did a fresh rebuild 2 years back. great car to take friends to the rock concerts in.

My ride, it's special to me whether it is to anyone else or not.

In it's better days lol: 2003 Ram 3500 diesel It now has 168,000 on it and still going strong. And best of all it's paid for :)

GTO = glorified cavalier? I may be wrong but wasn't the latest GtO built in Australia or maybe based on an Australian GM model?

Nice rides everyone.

Julien is that buggy pedal powered? or got a gas engine hidden somewhere? either way it looks interesting.

No complaints here on the Dodge diesel. Cummins has been on top of thier game for many years. A few years back, 07 I believe, I found a classified ad on a red Dodge dually just like that, same year even. 4X4, and it had under 10K miles on it. Dealer wanted 17 or 18K for it. I never went to look at it as I didnt have the money but I drooled over the tons of pictures for a week. A Ford dealer had it. It sold that same week. Looked like a fantastic truck.

A note for folks about the Holden built GTO. GM never intended for the GTO to be a big seller, it was always meant to be a limited type of car and was only planned to be built for those 4 or 5 years it ran production.

I posted some in another forum, its the Port Of Tillamook Bay here in Oregon.
I'm not sure about the forum rules for linking back and forth between forums. I could link or re post them here tomorrow if necessary.
The railroad got taken out in a nasty storm (Hurricane remnants if I recall correctly) in December 07' and it pretty much ruined it. My Wife and I camp, fish and hunt near the line and we started exploring it a little more this summer and fall. It reminds me of a model railroad the way it has everything in a relatively small area. Its in the sticks really but fun!
I have lots of trestle and tunnel and damage pics (I'm not a photographer LOL) and my camera is a POS.

I think I did see that post. However, most of the time. A simple link to the other post is all you would need. No reason to repost the same pics in another thread.

Blacksheep I didn't get to read your PM until last night! that area is just chock a block with stuff. A friend of mine went down through there a year ago with a metal detector of all things and came up with all manner of stuff!:eek::) There are a bunch of trestle pieces--that is all they are now--lying around in the bush in the gullies and such---I think it'd be a hoot to map out-:)

I had this one for awhile----on the left.

The one on the right belongs to a friend of mine who had this car in a number of different ways from when bought new---

Where did you find this little fellow? I could have used this last winter!!:eek::):)

found it a few years ago in a truck recycle in NY, actually bought the truck out from under the gravedigger monster truck team that was going to cut it up for the axles. its a 61 walter snow fighter 54in tall tires going to be a long project but worth it in the end

it has a brigg & stratton 10 hp engine, it cannot be modified (except turbo) to participate in any events. The engine is in the back to balance with the driver weight

found it a few years ago in a truck recycle in NY, actually bought the truck out from under the gravedigger monster truck team that was going to cut it up for the axles. its a 61 walter snow fighter 54in tall tires going to be a long project but worth it in the end

Nice looking truck, pretty rare also. did I see ya over at the ATHS fourms??

Trent

I think I did see that post. However, most of the time. A simple link to the other post is all you would need. No reason to repost the same pics in another thread.
I meant that it was on another websites forum, not here, sorry. But here ya go :). Make sure you cruise the whole thread because I posted as we went along.

http://www.railroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30473

Blacksheep I didn't get to read your PM until last night! that area is just chock a block with stuff. A friend of mine went down through there a year ago with a metal detector of all things and came up with all manner of stuff!:eek::) There are a bunch of trestle pieces--that is all they are now--lying around in the bush in the gullies and such---I think it'd be a hoot to map out-:)
I hope to make one more trip up there before hard winter, I want to hike up to where I Google Earthed the newer patch of trees from my GPS coordinates, I think there should be some goodies up in that area. There arnt any people in that deep, its really over grown and its where I think there was a narrow gauge of some sort...

Back