your favorite loco from your favorite railroad(s)..

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


My favorite is definitely the AC4400; it would be the ES44AC, but since there are no (affordable) models of this out there, it is still the AC4400. However, since my AC4400s are in the paint shop, I can only offer a C449W:
img0027uk8.jpg
 


Here is mine for now, but it just might get replaced with the one that I am working on.
HO P2K ex. SDB 2002 SD45. High Hood from Cannon & Co. and now this puppy is MRL #680. Sad but the prototype is no more.
IMG_2497.png

IMG_2499.png
 


GN 2-6-8-0: In a word: YUMMY! Always loved those locos.

Well, I've got a few, and of course most of them are articulateds.

First off, those big Yellowstones, natch:

113475897.jpg


And those big Rio Grande L-131 2-8-8-2's:
103391731.jpg


And the handsome Baldwin-built NON-UP Rio Grande L-105 Challengers:
91215497.jpg


The curve-straightening F-81 2-10-2 with it's stubby little Vandy tender:
130117312.jpg


And last but not least, the short and powerful little C-48 2-8-0:
91336860.jpg


That's a few of my favorites.
Tom
 
A CSX worker told a long time ago CSX stood for Chessie Seaboard X = merger between the two - T for transportation. reporting marks cannot end in X unless it is a private owner.

ironically my favorite piece of power is without a paint scheme-

NS9535.JPG


I'm partial to these too. way slick.
EWRI_BNSF_7701.jpg


I love the old southern paint scheme
300px-Buffalo_Southern_Railroad_Locomotive_2010.jpg


this one still a fave as well
UP4899usa-2.jpg
 
Airslide, that BNSF image is my background for my computer! I love these Dash 9's from BNSF in Heritage II and Heritage III

http://duluthsuperior.railfan.net/images/BNSF_coal_train_June_2000.jpg

And I also like the SD70MAC in H2 Scheme

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=N

but I also like all of the Evolution Series loco (ES44AC and SD70ACE)

http://www.modeltrains.com/PICTURES...d/Pictures/OMI-AA-0000-9999/OMI-AA-1164-1.jpg

http://www.thedieselshop.us/BNSF9359-PBieber.jpg

Heck I like anything in BNSF Paint! But I don't like the Heritage I scheme.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Quite honestly, there are a lot of locos that I really like. Some of my favorites are the UP Heritage schemes, I would love to have models of each of them. Especially the UP1995 in CNW colors

Heritage UP SD70ACe lineup

Heritage_L_010.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top