Ye Ole Coffee Shoppe XXIII

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.


Dana- I guess this is what happens when rednecks try to save money. They copy the cities and rather than build across and out, they build up. Thats a literal bubba family tree right there.

Karl- Nice paint scheme on those GPs. I was debating between blue and orange and green and black for my scheme. I went with green and black though. Thanks for the links, ill have to read through them tonight.
 
Good afternoon everyone.

That Redneck high rise is something else!:D

I'm boiling trees right now while my wife takes a nap. She has a sinus infection on top of her other ailments. She just can't catch a break. At least she isn't blaming it on me like Chris' situation.

Holy cow is this tree making taking a lot of time and trees. I think I'll need to cut back on the forestation on one of my hills. It doesn't necessarily need to be completely covered. I'm trying to vary the color of the foliage as much as possible. I'm trying Noch leaves on a few for something different. The jury is still out on whether I like it or not.

It's ninety five outside right now so I think I'll skip washing the car today like planned.

Have a good weekend everyone.
 
Holy cow is this tree making taking a lot of time and trees. I think I'll need to cut back on the forestation on one of my hills. It doesn't necessarily need to be completely covered. I'm trying to vary the color of the foliage as much as possible. I'm trying Noch leaves on a few for something different. The jury is still out on whether I like it or not.
A trick I sometimes use for heavily forested hillsides is to put in trees at the front and sides (parts that will be seen) and fill the middle with green flocked poly-fil.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
At least she isn't blaming it on me like Chris' situation.

In time my friend even your wife will learn to blame me!:rolleyes: Lord know's at time it feels like I'm on the, "Everybody hates Chris!" show....LOL's

I'll tell ya if it weren't for my lil lawn service, I would be in a world of mental hurt right now!:(
 
In time my friend even your wife will learn to blame me!:rolleyes: Lord know's at time it feels like I'm on the, "Everybody hates Chris!" show....LOL's

I'll tell ya if it weren't for my lil lawn service, I would be in a world of mental hurt right now!:(

Awwww Chris,,,,we all loves ya :D Cept when ya fling that monkeypoo!:eek:
 


Jeff: Chris has your credit card too? :( I gave him a bunch of mine a couple weeks ago..LOL!!! That's ok Chris...we still like ya too!!!:D (Psssst...Chris....what's the balance on Jeff's card? I need another SD70M. :p)
 
In time my friend even your wife will learn to blame me!:rolleyes: Lord know's at time it feels like I'm on the, "Everybody hates Chris!" show....LOL's

OK everyone! Its Chris's fault from now on! No matter what what!:D

Been real busy around here on the layout. I did a month long clinic on handlaying a turnout at the club last year, and now I'm repeating it here for a couple of clubbers that missed it. I'm teaching them to lay a couple of turnouts that go to two industries, not on the main, so if they mess up, it won't hinder ops here until I get them fixed, if necessary.
My new bundle of code 70 rail arrived so I can get back to finishing the yard. Only got to lay another 10 turnouts and got to gap, and wire in jumpers on my double crossover so it will be operational. Then the entire yard will be operational.

I got 4 locos torn down for stripping and painting. Two for customers and two for me! I also got two Spectrum steamers that need some minor repairs, and just about finished the regearing of a loco for L&NCastle, (William) here on the forums. The gearing is in and has been lapped, so it runs real smooth! I believe he will be quite pleased.

Don't know if I said this before, but all approach tracks to the TT is now in place, and all I gotta do is cut and place the throwbars for the Caboose Industries ground throws. I connected power directly to the TT motor last night and ran the motor until it no longer makes any noise. I believe that there are some "high" spots in the TT pit that tries to hang up the TT bridge, so I get to remove the bridge and file down the bottom girders a bit to relieve that dragging.

Well its 0136 here, and I need to wrap this up. Yall take care, and the folks being threatened up nawth by the severe weather, yall stay safe!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
All I can say it's diffrent! I just hate to drag the grocery's up all those steep stairs!:eek: Now is it still considered a moble home when it's 20' or more off the ground and the only way it will move if it happens to fall?:confused:;):p



BTW good find.......

I'd be wondering how you'd get mattresses and the like up those stairs too.:eek::eek:

It's definitely interesting that's for sure. It kind of reminds me on the residences that were proposed for the former Expo 67 site in Montreal.

We are having 2 festivals going on at the same time right in downtown London ON. The first is the London Blues Festival and the second one is the Home County Folk Festival in Victoria Park---going to check both out today with Audrey and see whats up---

Have a good one people!!:):)
 
Yesterday was an interesting day. I drove from here to Roanoke to procure an addition to the ES&BM's steam excursion fleet. I drove all the way there, and found I had left my wallet at home. Turned around and came back in torrential rain and wind like I haven't seen since I lived in Floriduh. I could barely see the road, and most people (the ones with sense) pulled off to wait it out. No hail or funnel clouds I know of, but some pretty strong straight line winds. I got home, got my wallet and some lunch, and headed back to Roanoke. Got back there about 4:30 and picked up N&W A class 2-6-6-4 #1235, auxiliary water tender, decoder, and caboose. Arrived home at 7:30 pm. I installed the decoder, found out the tender shell removal instructions were at best incorrect, and had it programmed and running around the layout pulling the excursion train by 8:30.
So, I spent 8 hours in the new car, drove it 450 miles, and still have a quarter tank of gas. If I had done that with our Suburban, I would have had to fill it twice, at $75+ each time, to do that, as well as manhandle it through the curves and over the mountains.
Today I have to drive to Spencer (Salisbury) to drop off a laptop computer to my nephew, then go run trains at our club's Sunday open house. I may have to quit my job just so I can get all this extra stuff done...:o
 
Good morning. It's 74 and cloudy. There is a chance of rain ranging from 20% this morning to 60% this afternoon. The high will be around 92.

I had an interesting time last night. Just after shutting my computer down I headed back toward the bedroom. On the way I stepped on an empty pill bottle and took an unscheduled trip that left me on the floor with my back against the bathroom door staring at the closet door (and a very shocked looking spider) wondering what the heck just happened. When I attempted to get up I found that I had twisted my back and jarred a compressed disk in my neck that pinched the sciatic nerve and it was now screaming great insults at me that I found nearly impossible to ignore. I had a sensation of my backside being on fire all the way down to my knees and I could move only with great effort with a massive number of stars exploding before my eyes. After about 10 minutes (felt more like a half hour) I was able to roll over and assume a push-up position and was able to push myself up to a kneeling position. I stayed that way for a few minutes until the pain subsided some then carefully popped the slipped disk in my neck back to where it belonged. It's not the first time I've had trouble with it. That took the pressure off the nerve and relieved the pain for the most part. I could now see without a jumble of super novas obscuring my vision. A couple of pain pills taken with my nightly meds relieved most of what was left and I was eventually able to get to sleep in the wee hours. My neck still aches a little this morning and I seem none the worse for it. The empty pill bottle got slam dunked in the trash can. I can only guess that it must have fallen out of the bag of empty med bottles that I took out in the trash yesterday. Nothing in particular on the schedule today except to take it easy and rest. I had intended to move some structures and such around on the layout but I think I'll wait until this afternoon to do that.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1010938.jpg
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top