Chris, sorry to hear things are still deteriorating. If you think the situation is really hopeless at this point, your first priority should be to get a lawyer. I don't know if Florida is a no fault divorce state, but most courts still give some weight to abandonment. As I'm sure your lawer will advise you, don't communicate with her directly any longer - have it go through your lawyer. By the sounds of your FIL, he's probably ahead of you on this already, and you need some help on your side. The old bit that "anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law" applies to civil court also. Get that Ambien too - you need a good night's sleep.
Had a great time model railroading today. KenL and I went to Rex's layout in Tuscaloosa for a great operating session, as well as some of the best filet mignon I've had in a long time, courtesy of his lovely wife. I thought we were going to get burgers.

Rex is coming right along with his steel mill and has rearranged part of the layout to accomodate it. He added a modified time saver yard to one of his new town sites. I had the train that had to switch the time saver. I'm lucky to get the switches on the main lined right.

Rex helped me out, but he had an evil cackle the whole time.
We stopped to see CJ over in Hoover next. He has more hand laid track than I've ever seen on a layout. His general benchwork and Ken's were remarkably similar, except CJ's goes up three levels in a nolix format. Also saw William (L&N Castle) again, with some of his new locos. Going to CJ's is like a step back in time. Almost all his engines and rolling stock are from the time that I first started to model, back in the 60's. It was pretty neat seeing all those old kits still rolling, and a lot of them looked better than I remember. He had a string of Westerfield cars that really looked great. If any of you have built Westerfield's, you know having one come out nice is a real accomplishment.
Thanks to both of you for sharing your time and layouts with us. Since I haven't run a train in about two months, it was nice to get in some real operating for a while.