Ye Ole Coffee Shoppe XXIII

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
not a cloud in the sky here, the suns beating down, the kids are at school, gotta nice brew in hand, the cats fast asleap on the lawn,,, :)

So many different things here in the states, its foggy and muggy right now, im 14 and dont have school for a few days, and here dogs would be sleeping outside :D
 
not a cloud in the sky here, the suns beating down, the kids are at school, gotta nice brew in hand, the cats fast asleap on the lawn,,, :)
Partly cloudy here, no kids to speak of since I don't have any, I can't drink alcoholic drinks very much but I do have an ice cold glass of peach tea. No pets of any kind.

Jeffrey
So you have almost breathed life into the beast. I'm sure the neighbors wont mind a very maniacal scream of "its alive!" :eek: once you get it running!!:D
Oh they knew something was up yesterday when the cherry bombs rumbled to life (I never said it wasn't a window shaker) since the van had to be moved to a suitable work area less than 1/8 of a mile away. Several of them came over to see what was going on.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Over here, having a brew, is a cup of tea, or coffee.
Ron

Oh i get it like a brew of coffee, i figured with the time change he would be settling down for an afternoon beer.

Looks like surf n turf of crab legs and strip steak for dinner tonight. Tommorow i have family flying in and beforehand maybe going to sell another 55lbs on copper. I finished up most of my work at the restuarant, so now i swittch over to a regular schedule. Have a nice evening folks
 
No beer for me in the afternoon, i'm on call :) , may as well though because NASa say the end of the world is due in 2013 when the sun has a major blow out, according to /nasa it has regular flare up's every 11 years but they dont normally coincide with other explosive events on the sun,,, but in 2013 they recon it's all due in one big bang, the party starts now :)
 
Jeffery, the old Willys doesn't have mufflers, I use a deal called "traps". Little disc shaped deals. The more you add, the louder it "talks".

Bob
 
No beer for me in the afternoon, i'm on call :) , may as well though because NASa say the end of the world is due in 2013 when the sun has a major blow out, according to /nasa it has regular flare up's every 11 years but they dont normally coincide with other explosive events on the sun,,, but in 2013 they recon it's all due in one big bang, the party starts now :)

Well I guess,.... I could us a vacation around 2013:D! Who want's to spend the rest of their life working @$$ off any ways?:confused: Didn't NASA say an astroid was going to take this rock out?????? O well might as well start packing!
 
Hummmm! Dec21, 2012, huh?
That was about the time I was going to retire and file for Sociable Security, but I guess I should retire this week and party while I can.

I had a great ride to work this morning, but this evening turned wet and a Chevy pickup was about 8 feet off my tag. I caused the motorcycle seat to crinkle from the pucker of my azzhole. I really don't like wet roads on a motorcycle. Too many riders have become sliders. :mad:

During the recent SER Convention, I helped fellow Wrecking Crew member show his layout as part of the layout tour. I had enough time to fully enjoy and photograph the G scale indoor layout with nudist camps and tourist train.It is highly detailed , interiors and outdoor scenes. Frank detailed and put lights in a 12 foot long camping trailer as one example.
I took over 100 pictures and made a CD of the 75 decent pictures for Frank to have. He seemed to appreciate it.
Y'all have a great evening.
 


Well we got the gas tank all hooked up today. Connecting the vent line was the hardest part as it has to go through the frame then bend around and connect to the tank. It took two big guys to muscle the tank around so there was enough of a gap to get an arm into. Problem was the line didn't want to bend very much. Once it was in though it straightened out quite a bit. One unfortunate thing did occur however. In all the moving about a couple of beers were knocked over onto the large drip pan we we're laying on and created quite a mess. It was heading right for the tools. Before that could happen I whipped off my shirt and used it to clean up the mess. Two BP employees were on hand to witness the cleanup which took less than 50 seconds. The only consequence is I now have a shirt that smells like Budweiser. Good thing laundry day is coming up soon. By the way, the tools were saved from a soaking and the environment was not compromised.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good work there Jeffrey, you saved the world by stopping the beer spill,,, could have had Obama on your tail as well as on BP's. So,,, he's going to make BP pay out billions and billions in compo, thats all well and good,,, till the end user get landed with the bill, they may lose out in the short term but we'll lose out in the long term, thanks to the great leader himself.
The sun is out, the sky is blue,,, again. These long sunny hot days are getting boring now, i think we have had 5 days of rain since winter
 
Good work there Jeffrey, you saved the world by stopping the beer spill,,, could have had Obama on your tail as well as on BP's. So,,, he's going to make BP pay out billions and billions in compo, thats all well and good,,, till the end user get landed with the bill, they may lose out in the short term but we'll lose out in the long term, thanks to the great leader himself.
The sun is out, the sky is blue,,, again. These long sunny hot days are getting boring now, i think we have had 5 days of rain since winter

Anybody watch the Big O's address? Also if I heard him right he plans on raising the cost of fuel to aid in our dependence on oil? Looks like I'll be raising my mowing cost soon if he does that..... So who's this going to hurt?
 
Anybody watch the Big O's address? Also if I heard him right he plans on raising the cost of fuel to aid in our dependence on oil? Looks like I'll be raising my mowing cost soon if he does that..... So who's this going to hurt?

Mirror mirror on the wall,
who's the most screwed of them all?:rolleyes:
 
Good morning everyone.

A beautiful day today. Sunny and low eighties. Good day to be stuck inside working huh? Oh well, I had a great day off yesterday.

I tried my hand at weathering with chalks. I have to say, I like the results. I couldn't imagine doing this to rolling stock though. The dull coat damn near wipes out the chalk. I know it takes quite a few coats so I opted to leave the final dusting of chalk without the dull coat. The object I weathered was a bridge so I won't ever be touching it.

I also managed to clean the garage, my car and the gas grill. It had been a couple of years since the grill was cleaned so it was quite nasty. Can you tell that my wife was out of town yesterday? How else would I get so many things crossed off MY to do list!:)

Back to work I guess.

Have a great day!
 
Let me see, you're 14, no driver's license, no driver's license equates to no need for a car....... you need to wait. I'm siding with Dad on this one.

You say you can't ride comfortably in a Ranger-size truck, you'll really be folded up like a blanket in a 944!!!!

Save your money until it's time.......and right now, it isn't the time.

Bob
 
Let me see, you're 14, no driver's license, no driver's license equates to no need for a car....... you need to wait. I'm siding with Dad on this one.

You say you can't ride comfortably in a Ranger-size truck, you'll really be folded up like a blanket in a 944!!!!

Save your money until it's time.......and right now, it isn't the time.

Bob

I Agree with boB!:eek:

Save up every dime now, When your 16 you might have enough to buy a Brand NEW car with big back seat. Newer car= less break downs and down time=Happier your Dates will be. Trust me Crap box cars always break down when you go on date's and crap box cars leads to your dates dads hating you from the start and ending your date from the start! "Been there done that!"

My son is 13, his thinking is save up now. So when he get's 16 he hopes to have enough for a New Motorcycle and a reliable car for those days you don't want to be riding a motorcycle! I thought that was a smart well thought out plan!:) He's got a savings account started and I believe in 3 years he should have enough saved up for two nice rides!:)

Matt, just put your money away, and buy a Schwinn and use pedal power for now!:);)
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Bob- Yeah i see where you and my dad are coming from. I was thinking that i could spend a few years to work on it like my old man did with his first car. I wasnt thinking about comfort, and i thought the car was bigger than they really are. The rangers ive been in feel really tight, both length and width wise. Even then extended cab one wasnt very comfortable. They feel wider than the taco but really short. My poppy has an extended cab tacoma and my grandpa has a regular cab ranger. The taco feels alittle narrower but has a ton of comfort in the length areas. I dont think ive ever been in an S10/Colorado or a Dakota. Ill keep searching, maybe if i luck out ill find alittle bit of a project car.

Chris- Ive been saving for alittle bit just like your son, nothing serious though ill be honest. I think last time i checked my bank account was around a few hundred bucks. I think that was when i bought my iPod though, ill ask my mom tonight to check it. I havent put any of my paychecks in there yet either, so theres an extra hundred and fifty. I have a map out somewheres, i think it was something like, $10x42=420+$20x10=620x2= 1240(allowance over next 2 years, questionable if that stops at 16 :rolleyes: ) + whatever i make over the summer/birthday extra work around the house ect. I should be in ok shape when it comes to make the purchase
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top