Ye Ole Coffee Shoppe XXIII

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
lraK, have you heard of the "camera" that you can install in a train? I've thought about getting one but can't seem to find them. Talk about getting an engineer's view of your layout!!!! I guess they are RC and can be uploaded to your PC or something.

Sure beats lashing down a video camera to a flat car.....

Bob

Bob, our club "demo'ed" one at a local show. I've got the 4 hrs of video. It's an interesting video, at 1st. Then the occasional flicker from signal loss and the monotony of the scenery gets to ya. Some might just love it, me I find it a bit boring, yet it does serve an important function that I never even thought of. You see EVERY LITTLE BOOBOO in the scenery from the little peoples point of view!!! Glue marks on structures, dustbunnies, etc!!!:eek: No 3 ft rule here!!!
 
lraK, so ya think it's a waste of money then, huh? I guess it would get a bit monotonous.........seeing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and....

Bob
 
The cameras you can put in a train are cool, as long as you get a good one. It gives a whole new view of the layout and it gives you a better understanding of scale speed, what looks good from eye level can look like a ride on the race track at track level
 


Afternoon, everyone.

Bob, no tequila for me, but I am sweating like a sponge. From the looks of the beach, I think some of those boob jobs have reached the end of their useful life. I understand you need to get them redone eveny ten years or so, and a lot of the women here are overdue for rework. :) It is too bad Kato has concentrated on newer power, since I like the way they run.

I've seen some really tiny video cameras that are used for back up cameras on RV's. They are wireless, with about a 100 foot range. They only cost aout $45 on e-bay, including a small monitor. I wonder how well they work? I think it would be intersting to see my layout at eyelevel but I get the feeling Karl's right, I'd probably spend the next month fixing all the things wrong that my little people see every day.

Time to go take a dip in the ocean. It's hard work, but someone has to do it. :D
 
Jim, in these parts tequila is called teh-kill-ya. Probably rightly so. I still enjoy a good lick, sip, and bite from time to time.

I'd like to seem my layout from a different perspective. I know it's far from perfect, and I'd probably not want to see just how bad it really is. But it wold be neat for a split screen video. But how would one load it to a computer for editing? Gotta find me a knowledgeable geek out there.

Mighty muggy here in Hoosierland too, Jim. We just had a short, intense thunderboomer roll through, lasted all of 10 minutes. The temp just dropped from 89* to 71* in less than 15 minutes.

Bad deal down there in Arkansas. Flash floods took quite a few lives. The better half keeps thinking there should have been something done ahead of the floods. I tried to tell her that there is a reason they are called FLASH floods. Still, prayers to the families and all involved down there. We don't have any of our group in that area do we? Might be nice if they would check in if we do.

Bob
 
Evening, everybody. I had an Indiana Jones episode at work today... I was working on the roof of a fifth wheel trailer, when the owner of the trailer came out, hopped in his truck, and took off down the road--with me on the roof!:eek:
I ended up jumping off the roof as he slowed to take the corner onto the Interstate, or I'd still be hanging on for dear life! I'm sure I'll be stiff and sore tomorrow, but at least I don't have another case of road rash and broken bones this time around.:(
 
Evening, everybody. I had an Indiana Jones episode at work today... I was working on the roof of a fifth wheel trailer, when the owner of the trailer came out, hopped in his truck, and took off down the road--with me on the roof!:eek:
I ended up jumping off the roof as he slowed to take the corner onto the Interstate, or I'd still be hanging on for dear life! I'm sure I'll be stiff and sore tomorrow, but at least I don't have another case of road rash and broken bones this time around.:(

Whatttt? did he even stop or notice what had happened?

Did someone mention elk? As brutal as it might sound to turn such a great piece of meat into, elk makes a really nice jerky. Pepper it up and youve got yourself some fine jerky for sitting on a watchline with.

Im loving this job thing, my wallet keeps getting fatter and fatter! I also have about $150 bucks in copper again, lol that stuff falls into my hands. Even though you guys told me not to, I did apply for a second job. This one is around the corner from my house and its indoors, meaning its a commute i dont need my parents for and its easier work.

Jim- Enjoy cancun, my parents just scheduled a cruise with our grandparents and in less than a year we set sail to that part of the world :D
 
If it was me the owner of that RV would be getting a very direct letter concerning safety.

He had just gotten some very bad news from his doctor, so I know he wasn't thinking about what he was doing. He's putting the RV up for sale, and hoping it will sell before he dies in a couple of months. Of course, me going with him on his last ride was not in my plans.
Trailer Surfing is not a sport for the faint hearted.:eek:
Jumping off a moving ship while chasing a stowaway in 1998 was the last time I wanted to jump off a moving object.
 
Whatttt? did he even stop or notice what had happened?
He noticed when the general manager called him on his cell phone and told him what happened, and to please not return again, and please box the equipment I left on the roof and UPS it back to us.
 


He noticed when the general manager called him on his cell phone and told him what happened, and to please not return again, and please box the equipment I left on the roof and UPS it back to us.

Now I know why no one is on this morning!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Everyone is still in shock!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

That is not the way to go---geeesh!!:eek: Hope you're ok there ---
 
It's almost they think nobody gets online on the weekend No teckies on the weekend or at least the very minimum staff. You know bean counters and lawyers run everything now. If you are not making the most money sue em.
 
Hey, we DO go online on the weekend too, but after spending the day in the 90 degree plus garage packing up tools and chemicals, who has the energy to type????:confused:

Besides, it's easier to be online during the week. Gotta fill those 8+ hours each day doing something other than working!!!! ;)

We'll be floating in the in-laws pool tomorrow, eating food off the grill and generally being a bum!! Yeeeha!!:D
 
bugger me Terry, that could have been nasty, really nasty.

Yes, there were many scenarios playing through my mind while this was happening, very few of those had a "good" outcome. I fully expected skinned hands and knees at best, and possibly broken bones. I jumped off like I was climbing off a piece of moving railroad equipment, and luckily with no more damage than that. Of course, my "fun meter" got broken during the adventure, so I'll have to wait a while before I can have any more "fun".
I'm pretty stiff and have some sore muscles today, but hopefully I'll be better tomorrow. There is a railroading shindig at the rail museum at Spencer, I hope I'll be able to attend. Maybe even post a few pictures.
 
Terry: I jumped out of a runaway truck once back in 79 but it doesn't hold a candle to what you went through. Worst I got was a couple of minor scrapes and bruises.
 
Evening, everyone.

Terry, what did you do, hang on to an A/C unit, or what? Some of those fifth wheels have barely enough clearance for some bridges. Did you have your cell phone? Kind of hard to do while you're hanging on for dear life, but I would have tried to get my boss to call the guy. I have a hard enough time getting off me rig when it's stationary and I'm using the ladder. I would have been scared to death :eek: I'm glad you're mostly OK.

Took the ferry over to Cozumel today. You can really see the results of the bad economy there. Five cruise ships were in port and the place was practically deserted. I'd guess at least 25% of the stores have closed. A couple of the merchants I talked to said it was the worst they've ever seen. It wasn't all that interesting anyway, and I hope Dianna is getting shopped out. My plan is to lay around the beach and do nothing tomorrow. Still dang hot and humid here, although it's even hotter back home.

There's a small area of disturbed weather out in the Atlantic that the NHC has named Invest 92. It's at 5 degrees north latitude, which is generally not a favorable area for hurricane development. OTOH, it's at almost exactly the same spot, with the same conditions, that spawned Hurricane Ivan, so it bears watching.

I see the politicians are at it again with the oil spill. The state of Florida wants BP to put $7.5 BILLION in escrow for "future damages". This from a state which hasn't suffered any significant damage yet. Dumb ass moves like this will quickly push BP towards bankruptcy, which means they'll stop paying for any damages and we'll see you in court. I guess politicians that have never held a paying job can't understand that a solvent BP is the best chance to get the most damages paid for. :mad:
 
I guess politicians that have never held a paying job can't understand that a solvent BP is the best chance to get the most damages paid for. :mad:
Most of the politicians I know can't see past the money that's being held up in front of them, so don't expect anything they do to make ANY sense. Most times what you get is the best politician that money can buy.
 


From ONE who live's in Central and South Florida, the oil spill won't hurt our tourist trade and Ecomomy. We already have Dumb @$$' Water front property owners already getting a class acton law suit ready for the possible dropping property prices due to the spill!:mad: Also Local Fishermen are jumping in on the sue BP band wagon too!:eek: I wonder if the Lawn Mowing trade can get in on this too!:D You know I could stand to loose $1,000,000.00 from this spill!;):p

Jim your right they (Government and Public@large) will bankrupt BP and the only chance to fix the problem! Our government can't fix our economy yet they are the one who will be left with this spill to fix and clean up!:eek::mad: I'm Afraid the tax payer is going to pay the ultimate cost of this whole mess:mad:!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top