Ye Ole Coffee Shoppe XXIII

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a good old giggle tonight at the fire station, we had a lecture on railways by a very non railway person. he asked if anyone knew anything about trains so i kept quiet, and what jolly good entertainment it was to, when he started his questions and nobody knew i started on my answers in glorious technical detail, lmao it was so funny watching him in total bemusement :)

You got to love messing with the Know it all Higher up's!:D It's like shooting fish in a dixie cup! Saddly I can't do that any more, my boss would follow me home and kick my @$$.:eek::rolleyes: "Then the Men in clean white coats will be comming to take me away.......";):p The joys of being self employeed and not have anyone to work with But Me, Myself, and I!:D
 
You got to love messing with the Know it all Higher up's!:D It's like shooting fish in a dixie cup! Saddly I can't do that any more, my boss would follow me home and kick my @$$.:eek::rolleyes: "Then the Men in clean white coats will be comming to take me away.......";):p The joys of being self employeed and not have anyone to work with But Me, Myself, and I!:D

I love it when you can do that kind of thing--gets the "knowing subjects" off guard and then they tend to become rather nervous about what other stuff you might know---heeheehee:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D

As for the me, myself and I---I'm a doing that meself anymo'!! Heeheehee:D:D:D
 


I trust Me and Myself but I! I is a tricky sort, I gets Me in a lot of trouble! Myself Stay's way clear of Me and I. Some days it can be a pain to live in a split level head http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3Ps5-CicEE ! Makes me happy I got GOOOOOOOD Meds! Drooooooooool......
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Usually it's found that me is beside myself over some of the crazy things that I does. On the other hand, I find some of the things me does can be harmful to myself. In the end it seems that myself tries to avoid me and I.
 
Life is a roller coaster!!!!!

Got a call this a.m. from the "mortgage guy" wants to know if I want to lock in my rate or wait til settlement. I did, 2 hours later the rate went from 4.75 to 4.85 :D

Ran home for lunch, with a hankering for a tuna sandwich. Got the tuna out, put it in a bowl (gave the cat the can to lick:)) but alas, no mayo in the fridge. Had to settle for hotdogs in the micro-wave. :(

Got home from work, the new Meatloaf CD was in the mailbox :D Special edition double disk set! :D:D (got it playing now!)

Went on the Atlas web site to check the progress of my order of SD24's. Initally they were scheduled for April delivery, then May, then June, Now suddenly they have been kicked back to AUGUST!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
Whats up wit dat?? :confused: I WANT MY DCC & SOUND EQUIPPED LOCOS NOW!!!! For Christssake, it's not like Atlas hasn't been building locos in China only since last week......its been like long enough!! Arn't there other places to do the work? Korea, Vietnam, Mexico, Peru, Uganda, or even (gasp) here???:eek::eek: If the Chinese can't (or wont) deliver, get somebody who CAN!! The poor guy at the LHS has already discounted them to me to stop me from pulling my order, but I have just about had enough. Ya gotta pre-order, then they can't deliver. JUST WONDERFUL!!!:mad:
Ok guys, sorry bout the rant, if anybody needs their coffee reheated, just put your cup against my forehead!:o
 
So what you are saying is you have found a way to charge your customers for a 3 man crew.:D

Yes, I did!

Me $10hr., Myself $10hr., and I $10hr.! And I add $10hr if they don't want me talking to these people in their yard while their neigbors watch! ROFLMAO & talking to myself!:D
 
Chris- I assume you are getting a group rate on your health insurance to cover your multiple personalities?
Jeffery- Is the gas tank ready to hold petrol?
 
Chris has a new nickname..............Cybil, and he doesn't even have to change the monogram on his pillow cases!!! Sadly, I don't think he is as cute as Sally Fields though.

Jeffery, we've done many steering column changes at the SkunkWerks. I'll give my old buddy Steve a call and see if he has any ideas on your dilemma. If anyone I know would have a solution, it would be him. He was my go to guy when a customer would want a tilt steering column in their new hot rod.

lraK, the inland "surf and turf" won't disappoint you. I have another recipe for "stuffed walleye" for those that don't mind having their meal stare back at them. I can remove the head if it does. Pretty tasty too. Not the head, the dish. Takes abut a 3#-5# fish to do it right.

I've got some of the earlier Atlas SD24's. The ones with the Roco drive. Sweet runners. I've got a few from eBay, that were either undecorated or in the middle of being retagged, that are awaiting me to get inspired to repaint them. A couple will be C&O, another pair will be Wabash, and another batch will be PRR. I find getting them either undecorated or already stripped is cheaper.

You're debacle is the reason I rarely pre-order. The last item(s) I pre-ordered were the Walthers Broadway Limited set. I ordered via my LHS. I actually ordered two, one for display and one for the layout. They would have buyers had I reneged, which wasn't going to happen since I collect passenger trains. I already had one set of Broadway Limited cars, though of much less quality. Plus there were some "extras" included with the Walthers order that I wanted to get. I did allow a buyer to get a couple of my cars and got them later. A note here: I'm not big Walthers fan, but these cars are NICE!!!!!

You will see, and probably have already noticed, that many companies are beginning to do the "pre-order" deal to limit production and over saturating the market with unsaleable product.

I was with me, myself the other day. I farted and the other two left. There I was.......

Bob
 
Last edited by a moderator:


boB, Its not the pre-ordering that frosts me, its the inability for Atlas to make good on its delivery date. Ok, I could live with the April Date being moved til May, but to push back to June, then August?? I ordered these engines last OCTOBER!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
If it wern't for the fact that my particular units are the 1st I have ever seen factory decorated in HO for Maryland Midland, heck, I just shoulda had the logo decals printed and patched some BN units to match!:rolleyes:
Grrrrrrrrrrr
Getting pissy again,,,,,,,,,gotta think happy thoughts......:p
 
lraK, I wonder what the hold up is? Hopefully, once the units do arrive, it will be worth the wait. I added Tsunami sound to my old units. A bit of a job as the speakers had a bit of a small space in which to fit. But, got 'er done regardless. I hope you didn't have to "prepay" when you "pre-ordered". If so, I can more understand your "pissiness". lol They get my money when I get my product.

I have been doing a lot of "repatching" lately. Firstly, finding engines for Monon, NKP, and Wabash isn't easy. And I'm finding it more difficult to find C&O, NYC, and PRR in units to fit my era. It seems that if you don't run modern units, the pickin's are getting mighty slim. Repainting and applying details and decals is about the only option left. Secondly, it keeps me out of the better half's way and out of trouble. But, I'm finding it harder to apply decals with the neuropathy in my hands. The lack of sensation is a bit disconcerting. And it makes the job a bit harder for me to get done.

Bob
 
Evening, everyone.

Me Myself, I and Her all made it to Cancun in fine shape. Very nice resort and you should see the water - turquoise green and 86 degrees. There are lot of topless grandmas on the beach here. Some still look pretty good, but most of them need a lot more clothes. :eek: Had a short thundershower today, which helped cool things off a bit. We're staying in Playa del Carmen, about 45 minutes south of Cancun. Much better atmosphere then the spring break kind of crowd in Cancun. Man, it's hot here. The humidity is so high your glasses fog up as soon as you leave the room. I'm glad we have the ocean and the pools to jump in. Everything looks good so far, no tropical storms and no volcano ash. The only place I can get internet is in the lobby, which is open air, and the mosoquitos are vicious. Right next to the bar though, so it sin't so bad. I wish I could drink something other than virgin pina coladas though. :(

Steve, it's always fun to sit there and play dumb when you have an "expert" giving you a talk. We had that when the department switched over to a new radio system. The guy didn't even know what frequency band it used and told us it was kind of like a cell phone with a mike. :rolleyes: I told the guys how the radio system really worked when he left.

Jeffrey, you continnue to amaze me with your mechanical skills. Be careful with that tank though. They are darned heavy and it's a good way to ruin your back again.

Bob, it does seem to be getting harder to get first generation units new, especially with DCC and sound, unless they are E or F units. There are tons of GP-7 and 9's but hardly any GP-18's or 24's, let alone Alco or Baldwin road units. That's too bad about the neuropathy. I have a hard enough time decaling with good hands.

Karl, I've pretty much given up on pre-orders. I suspect Atlas keeps pushing back the delivery date looking for more orders. I don't think I've had a pre-order with on-time delivery in two years. It seem like, once they finally come out, I can pick them up on e-bay for less than retail six months later anyway. I've found there's nothing I can't live without for six months.

Well, all the late night drunks are starting to show up in the lobby, so time for me to head back to the room and get a shower. I smell like a goat. Who knows, with anyluck maybe I'll get to chase grandma around the room tonight too. :) Hope everything is going well for the folks I missed
 
I'd be really carefull about pre orders from any company in the present financial climate, like Jim said above, my bet is they are looking for more orders to justify production.
On the other hand Hornby sales here in the UK have gone right up, i think with the finer detailed models they now produce are rivaling Bachmann Branchline which till now has produced some really excellent quality British models.
 
Jim, I'm not above getting well maintained used engines. Problem is that sometimes I have to buy two to get one good one. That's OK. I then have a few replacement parts and a shell to "bash" for one of my crazy projects. Those usually don't turn out real well, but keep me out of mischief.

Lately, too, I've been using some of my old shells and updating the drives. I've got two old Rivarossi E7's that I've been trying to find P2K drives to put under them. I've also got two Athearn GP7/9's that need drive, and I don't really want to use the "stock" BB drives. Looking for a couple of Atlas powered chassis for those.

As far as first generation diesels with DCC and sound, not many engines, in the first place, come with Tsunami until just recently. And Kato, my choice for replacing my old BB engines, never did produce much, if any, first generation power. But, being "stuck" with Atlas, P2K, and some of the other manufacturers isn't so bad. I'd rather run my steam engines anyway. Something about the rods moving back and forth just makes things more enjoyable for me.

I remember the "Topless Grandmas of Cancun". One of my visits was when "boob jobs" first became chic. There were a quite a few grandmas whose pectoral anatomy was perkier than a most college girls. Must have been about 1985 or so. Wrinkles, silver hair, and perky breasts just aren't natural.

I hope you enjoy your vacation. Even with the heat, and it's not THAT hot, yet. My downfall on my visits was the Tequila. Never was much of a rum drinker. But, REAL Mexican tequila is some mighty good stuff. And if I drank enough I found my speech was just as unintelligible as the natives. That only happened once though. The hang over took one day of fun away from me. Believe me, 106* outside, sweating like I was a sponge, having the mother of all hangovers made for a miserable next day.

Bob
 
Good morning folks

It was 64 F as I headed onto the bright roadways this morning. High will be 80 F.

It has been a busy few days. I have been out in the field the last few days at work. Yesterday I had to take my FIL to the VA for some blood work. Last night we attended my daughter’s school award ceremony. She received the President’s Award for Academic Excellence.

It does not slow down. Tonight we have my daughter’s Engineering Team Awards Barbecue. This means that my son and I will be late arriving for his Boy Scout camping trip this weekend at French Creek State Park. Next week is the last week of school and it seems like we have something every day. There are more award programs and finally the 8th Grade Promotion Ceremony. Once all the school stuff is done maybe I can get back to the trains.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
lraK, I wonder what the hold up is? Hopefully, once the units do arrive, it will be worth the wait. I added Tsunami sound to my old units. A bit of a job as the speakers had a bit of a small space in which to fit. But, got 'er done regardless. I hope you didn't have to "prepay" when you "pre-ordered". If so, I can more understand your "pissiness". lol They get my money when I get my product.
Bob

No money has changed hands.......yet! Thankfully they come with QSI sound decoders and dual speakers installed.....3 of em together oughta make some big noise!!!:D
 


lraK, have you heard of the "camera" that you can install in a train? I've thought about getting one but can't seem to find them. Talk about getting an engineer's view of your layout!!!! I guess they are RC and can be uploaded to your PC or something.

Sure beats lashing down a video camera to a flat car.....

Bob
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top