Well, another wet, gloomy day in Hoosierland. We've had so much rain that I think I'm developing webs between my toes. I think that the farmers that planted corn early may have problems with the seed and plants that are coming developing fungus and dieing. Bad deal if so. And the cooler temps aren't helping that much. Crops may need replanted or worse, fields left fallow for the season. Bad news for all, including consumers.
I had an appointment yesterday on my bid to receive disability. The lady thinks that I may be able to find "some kind of work". Sure, but, I don't think she understands stenosis, a narrowing of the spinal canal and how it affects things like sleep, walking, sitting, standing, and other range of motion. Add that to the problems my diabetes is causing like neuropathy and we have some serious problems going on. At least they want to get me hearing aids. Too much Led Zepplin in my youth, and loud machinery in my factory career, I guess. Left ear is dramatically impaired,while the right is severely impaired. Guess that means I'm deaf in one ear and can't hear out of the other. And the better half thought I was just ignoring her. HAH!!!!
The truck comes back tomorrow. And the wallet will return a few thousand lighter. I wish I could afford another truck now. $45000 to replace it is a bit steep, no matter how deep your pockets. I bought this vehicle thinking it would last the rest of my life. Silly me. It has very low miles for its year, as it only pulled the boat and because of its gas mileage wasn't used unless it was the only vehicle for the job, garage kept, oil changes every 2500 miles....... new filters at EVERY maintenance call. It still smells brand new at 6 years old. We still have the smaller Dakota and Ranger as well as the car. I have too many damned vehicles!!!! Only two of us and the dogs can't drive. I've been mulling over giving the grandson the Ranger, he just got his driver's license. But, he already has a car. His mother bought him a used 2003 Cadillac. Figures he won't be drag racing and would have plenty of "protection" to help him survive any learning curve mishaps. Probably a good thing.
Won't be much going on along the train front for a while now. Can't afford them with the truck eating away the budget. I have enough projects on the shelf to last a while, though. I've been putting off many. Nothing large, mind you, just a few, three shelves full of kitbashes including one shelf full of Mantua and Bowser 0-4-0, 0-6-0, 2-6-0 and 2-6-2 steam engines waiting to be converted to cab forwards. And there are a few of old Geeps, SD24's, and early F-units and E-unit shells waiting their turn in line to get new chassis' and a bit of detail work. Should keep me busy. And of course summer is coming, time to go aboard the boat and do some fishin'. Money might be a bit tight until we can recover from this big HIT. Wasn't planning on a huge repair job to the truck. SUCKS!!!!
Nice to see Jeffery's progress on his "Blues Brother's" van. I love that movie. Belushi, no matter how misguided his life, was a comic genius. Drugs took away a brilliant career. Seems that the truly creative ones are the ones most affected. But, once that ol' devil gets ya, it's a downward spiral with a very final last chapter.
Well, time for lunch and to wade out and get the mail.
Bob