Ye OLE Coffee SHOPEE XXVI

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Y'all!
Were actually supposed to get kinda balmy today, with a high of 41! Then 30 tonight, 33 tomorrow with a "wintry mix", whatever that is. I think its weatherguesser code for "somethings gonna fall, we just dont know what yet".:D Wont start til after rush hour tonight, but tomorrow could be a mess.
Oh Joy!:rolleyes:
 


Good morning eveyone.

I have the day off with nothing on the schedule. We have some shopping to do later, but that's not really a chore during the week. It's actually kind of nice to have the stores to yourself.

My scenery soup turned out alright. I need to add another layer today to give it some more depth. Then I hope to paint the asphalt road that leads over the tracks and to the depot. Part of me wants to make it gravel, but I haven't found a good way to do gravel yet. All I know is that today is a train playin' kind of day.

Have a good day.

Edit: I'm going to have to cheer for the Packers. I lived In WI for eight years and they are from our conference and region.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning. It's 49° and very wet. The high will be 52° and there's a 40% probability it will get even wetter.

Folks here were complaining about it being cold and there not being enough rain. Well yesterday it was on the cool side and there was quite a bit of rain so this morning it's not only cool and windy but it's also wet. I might wonder if it would be wet enough for them now but I know that they will now be complaining about it being too cool and too wet. Come summer (spring for some) they'll be complaining about it being too hot and they can't wait for winter. Then they'll be complaining about about it being cold. What a vicious little circle. Today I'll likely be doing some work on my MoW dry goods car. I tore it down yesterday and filed the ladders off it then painted it MoW gray. The trucks have been painted a rust color. Now I have to get the tracing paper out and print up some appropriate decals to go on it. Things like "Dry goods only", "Keep out", "RR property" and such things as that. I also have an Athearn F7 shell I'm working on. I stripped the CSX paint off it yesterday and ended up with a nice black undecorated shell. I painted the cab, nose and part of the sides gray and am now ready to put some L&A decals on it. Later I'll use the label maker to make up some number boards for it.

P1011349.jpg
 
See Jeff, the great thing about weather is that even people with no imagination can always find something to complain about.

:rolleyes:
 
I know that's right! Folks down here find plenty to complain about including complaining about those doing the complaining so by the end of the day everybody has had something to complain about.:D
 
Good Morning All,
It's beautifully Sunny here in the foothills with a temp of about 60* so that's great!


Say Francine, I'll have a couple of eggs, a lot of hash browns and a couple of paddies of sausage and some coffee, if you would. Don't be shy with the coffee either, ok? Thanks.

I had some fun the other evening sorting out the large assortment of wood I bought from Micro Mart, actually from Northeastern Scale Lumber. It was about 184 pieces in all so that gave me 23 different groups of 8, 12" lengths. So I'm fairly well stocked with various timber sizes for scratch building.

Have a goo day.
 
I've got the MoW dry goods car done for now. It still needs some MoW service decals (yet to be made) and a bit of weathering.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well, my friend Warren was up toady from Calera, Al. Thats about 15miles from my house. We finished tuning up the turntable, and ran a real light loco onto it from the two access tracks, then we ran it into each of the nine stalls of the roundhouse, and the 4 outside service tracks.

We discovered a problem with the reversing unit when either getting on or off of the TT. It won't throw sometimes, and even after switching over to another reverser, it still did it. What that means is that instead of the reverser changing the polarity, a short circuit ensues, and we have to either move the loco by hand real quit, or kill the power. That also means I gotta get under the benchwork, and troubleshoot the power to the TT. I'm using 16 gauge wire from the reverser to the TT for the power bus, a distance of about 4 feet. Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything that would be obvious, but Thats why they make floor pillows.

Well gotta go for now. My grandson is calling for me to rock him to sleep. These bones could probably use the rocking as well.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Good morning. It's raining and 39. I'm pretty sure I'd rather have rain than snow, at least to drive in, but DOT went out and spread liquid salt on the roads back on Sunday in preparation for the snow that's now rain, and what's on the roads now is a salty soup. At this rate, all us Southern people will be having to buy new trucks in a couple of years, the ones we have now will be rotted out from the road salt.
 
You just can't beat a good home made sausage buttie full of tomatoe ketchup, our cafe make there own sausage's with there own special mix of meat and herbs, Mmmmmmm
 
Good morning folks.

I had a traintastic day yesterday. Well, that may be going a bit far, but I had a good day. :) I added another layer of vegetation around parts of my small town. Then I filled in the church parking lot with gravel. While that was drying I painted the asphalt road and the parking area to the depot. It would have all turned out well, but I had to keep fussing with the ballast being used for gravel. I kept thinking it wasn't adhering properly. Well, after screwing it up last night, it dried just fine this morning.:o That will teach me to watch ballast dry! "It glues down just fine ya big dummy, just don't watch it!":D I'll just have to touch it up when I get home tonight.

All in all it was a good day. I hope today goes okay at work as well.

I hope you guys have a good day.
 
Good morning. It's 31° and mostly sunny. The high will be about 56° and still mostly sunny (partly cloudy?).

Not much going on today. After all the work done on the MoW units yesterday I figure a day of doing little or nothing is in order. At one point a somewhat cantankerous printer was about to make me scream. I'll likely just sit back and contemplate what to do next. What to do? Build something? Do some 'Gomez Addams' type operations? What to do, what to do?

P1011365.jpg
 

Terry, is he talking about you? :rolleyes:



Jeffrey, looks good, but check that front coupler,,looks like its about to fall off!

Well it's 31 now and sleeting, Temp supposed to drop this afternoon while a new wave of precip hits (We got 3 inches+ of snow so far this morning) Silly weather channel announcer on the 8 minute updates. Said "snow likely".:rolleyes: No poop Sherlock!!:p Then he says to expect another 4 inches tonight!

Today I'lll be prepping for a class on coupler heights, car weights and metal wheel that I'll be teaching at my LHS in a few weeks. I have a few unbuilt Trinity cement hoppers I was going to use in the class as demonstrators. So I thought I would renumber them last night. I checked the other 35 or so to see what numbers were available and found I had 6 other cars that were duplicate numbers!!:eek: So today, I'll be having a renumbering party!:cool:
 
Jeffrey, looks good, but check that front coupler,,looks like its about to fall off!
Thanks. It had a broken cover. I replaced it with a Kadee box and screw. It's good now.



Probably won't be on much today. Left side of my neck and face hurt and my left shoulder and ribs are numb. Most likely due to a pinched nerve in my neck. The disk between the C-5 and C-6 vertebrae is compressed on the left side and the bones occasionally put pressure on the sciatic nerve. This can result in numbness or pain ranging from minor to agonizing. Right now it's just a nuisance. If it keeps up I'll have to get into my traction rig. Not looking forward to that.
 
Good Morning to All,
It a cool clear day in the foothills of Central Calif. with an inside temp of 44* in the back porch.

**>
I'm once again attempting to get set-up with a distributor of MRR supplies and sent off my app yesterday so hopefully I'll hear some good news today.

With the owner/manger of the past distributor passing away along with an office lady who had her problems too it was a bad situation and that is why my absence from posting my listing on the forum offering supplies.

I'd like nothing better than to be the supplier you guys turn to when you need different things for your railroads. I hope to offer a full assortment of items, very reasonably priced with fair or, 'no shipping charges' when possible. Also I'll gladly offer any knowledge I have about the items ordered, either on line here or in a PM.
**>



Say Jeff I'm not sure of your exact situation, but if your problem is due to vertebra in your neck area, this might help your situation. I saw where a doctor had
an adjustable collar you slowly pumped up to take the weight of your head off your spinal column to relieve the pressure. Not sure if you have something like that or not? Another friend and MRR'er also has that problem and his doctor told him not wear it all the time but when driving due to the possibility of his head being shifted quickly.


Hope all of you have a great day and look forward to being the supplier you turn to for your RR items.
 
Just a quick run by.

Corey, quit torturing us with descriptions. We need PICTURES!

CJ, check the setting on the command station. There is an ops switch which determines the command stations reaction time to a short. Change it to the longer time. Which automatic reversing circuit are you using?

Glenn
 


Just a quick run by.

Corey, quit torturing us with descriptions. We need PICTURES!

CJ, check the setting on the command station. There is an ops switch which determines the command stations reaction time to a short. Change it to the longer time. Which automatic reversing circuit are you using?

Glenn

Glenn, you flatter me with your expectations that my progress is picture worthy!:o I'm hoping to get the area further along before I show it to anybody. Thanks for the interest though.:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top