Ye OLE Coffee SHOPEE XXVI

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
19 out there right now, i think it was like 6 this morning. I usually bring a disposable coffee cup with hot chocolate in it while i walk to school. It was cold by the time i made the first turn.

Heading to the hockey game tonight, meeting some friends there. Supposed to be 1* tonight, im sure with the wind, we'll be in the negatives.

My dad had a surprise for me this morning. He told me some large packages would be coming in the coming days and to make sure I hid them from my mom. My dad bought me brand new mud-lite tires, the rims ive wanted for a couple years, and a 2in lift kit
for my four wheeler. Everything should be here next week, and i hope to have everything on it by next weekend. Cant wait to share some pictures!
Karl- Re-reading through the posts, i didnt realize you were a D&H Fan. I wont brag about how the local here usually has a consist with 1 CP Rail SD40-2 and still uses a caboose.... oh yeah, and a GP38, in D&H Lightning Stripes :D
 
Jeffrey.........don't shake petroleum products,,,,,stir them!:eek:
Yes, I quite agree with that. My right ear still hurts a little. I'm used to making sure latex paints are still mixed. You can shake them until the cows come home.



I set off for my doctors appointment at 7:45 this morning. I cheated a little bit. I parked my van at my parents house and grabbed my mother's car. It gets better mileage. Soon after I turned out onto hwy 171 south I came around a curve and saw a long line of fire trucks lined up along the far shoulder of the northbound lanes. I only got a glimpse of the house that HAD been there. A large 2 story place. Now it's all on the ground in a big pile of smoke blackened bricks and burned and melted metal. I went on to DeRidder to keep my appointment and got all that wrapped up near noon. On the way back I stopped at the New Llano post office to send off a package then stopped at the bank to make a deposit then went on to the hospital here to get a PSA test done. That was near 1:45 when all that was done. I went back past the fire scene and saw one of Sundown's (the dept I work for) trucks still there so I stopped to talk to the chief and asst chief for a bit. They had been there since just after 3 am! They were just wrapping up putting out the last of the hot spots. Our motto is "We don't leave until the fire is OUT!". That means we don't even leave an ember burning if we can help it. I finally got back a little after 2:30 and joined my parents for tacos. Oh, and the result for the visit to the docs office? My prostate health is much better than it was a year ago. Nuff said about that. I have another doctors appointment Monday in Leesville for a general physical and routine lab work.
 
David, Got pics???:D


Hi Karl,

Wouldn't you know it, I didn't even think to take a camera along as I had other issues to attend to and not till I got downtown did the thought of taking a look at the trains etc. dawn on me.


I know that SP or now BNSF probably goes across the nation or at least partially but I never expected to see a Loco marked Florida East Coast nor did I expect to see the ENR marking either of course I didn't know what it was before I saw it.
 


David- SP is now a part of UP, and I don't believe that the BNSF crosses the missisippi river. The FEC locomotive was a ways away from home, but it's explainable. RRs use other RRs engines when needed. They'll either pay back the engines owner, or simply borrow one of the other RRs engines. FEC probably used a BNSF engine, and now it's out on loan, a loooong way from home. I know an FEC locomotive has been in the PNW for some time now. You may have already known this, but ill say it anyways. As for the ENR engine, it may be a coincidence and have the same reporting marks as the Egyptian RR, unless it was a foreign unit bound for export, but those often think very odd, and depending on the trucks, may travel on flatcars.
 
Karl- sorry to tease, I won't tell you to google Upper Hudson River RR, you'll see thier ALCo C-420 in D&H lightening stripes :D
 
Jan. 14th, 2011
by an ENR [Egyptian National Railways] which was painted, but fairly weathered with wide Rose, bluish grey & Rose again Horizontal stripes.

.

Faded version of this??
enr3809.jpg
 
My prostate health is much better than it was a year ago. Nuff said about that. I have another doctors appointment Monday in Leesville for a general physical and routine lab work.


Say Jeff,
A neighbor friend had prostate trouble too and in doing some research for him I came across the fact that mustard is supposed to help kill off the cancer cells. The neighbor is feeling pretty good as he helped me install a new pressure tank for my well towards the end of this past summer and had been hospitalized long before that.

You might check it out?
 


I forgot to mention:
3025 mentioned below was a very faded grey with even some rust showing but still going strong. I guess it just needs some fresh paint.


Jan. 14th, 2011
The first was what looked to be a smaller low nose older road desiel now religated to switcher duties marked 3025, it was in really bad shape as far as the paint and general appearance went, but a real workhorse mechanically it seemed and just doing some local switching. I left to go elsewhere and came back later and sat in the car aways from the tracks and pretty soon I watched two road Locos pulling about 6 or 8 cars going South.


This was the really strange sight to me as the lead Loco was marked as a, 'Florida East Coast in White and followed by an ENR [Egyptian National Railways] which was painted, but fairly weathered with wide Rose, bluish grey & Rose again Horizontal stripes.

>[As a correction it probably was a Rose, faded white/grey & faded blue but badly faded]<

Seing those two locos sure seemed strange to me as in years past no foreign locos ran in the central valley.

First time in a long time to do any rail watching.


Now what I forgot to mention was that I also saw one or two High walled ribbed cars in a Yellow color that looked like a newer box car but when I looked at the ends as they passed by very slowly there was no evidence of a roof and the actual end of the car was set in about 4'. Really odd to me?
 
Say Jeff,
A neighbor friend had prostate trouble too and in doing some research for him I came across the fact that mustard is supposed to help kill off the cancer cells. The neighbor is feeling pretty good as he helped me install a new pressure tank for my well towards the end of this past summer and had been hospitalized long before that.

You might check it out?
No need to. I love mustard.
 
Morning Gang!
I was hoping to get my truck back together this weekend, but the darn weatherguessers are against me. Instead of 45 and rain, now they are saying low 30's and snow! I really don't mind the rain, as the truck is in the garage, but brrrr! :eek: No heat really sucks! 45 I can work in all day, but low 30's means gloves, and bolts and screws are a pain in the butt with gloves! Nothing else planned for this weekend other than a FCSME (train club) meeting today, and a visit to the LHS.
Speaking of the FCSME, I will be "refreshing" the scenery on some of the modules for our upcoming show. It's amazing the amount of dust they can collect from show to show. I have found however, the ultimate cleaning stuff for my water features. Honda spray wax. Comes in a black aerosol can from your local Honda dealer. I take a small piece of soft rag and soak it, the rub the creek and pond surfaces, then go back with a clean rag. Makes them look like new! Best part is, its plastic safe and leaves NO white film like regular waxes.:eek:
Now if I can only get my home made static grass applicator perfected! It works, kinda. Just gotta play with voltage a little bit more. I'll let ya know how it progresses. If I can get it right, I'll show you all how to do it and only spend around 10 bucks!
 
Well spent the morning filling out App's for a night job! Found some real nice ones too.....but with the economy the way it is there's 300 to 500 other people applying for the same job! The Dunkin donut's one would be fun....coffee and sweet, sweet's do not's and icecream! That job I would pay to work at! and the one that is looking for help has a baskin robins in it too:p I need to lock in to a second job before the end of the month:( or I'm going to be late on bills! Need prayers here guy's if you can!
 
Had a surprise when I went outside this morning. Seems our dogs wanted to read the manual for the new camera and went through the pages, ripping and tearing, little piles of sorted pages here and there:eek:. I knew that I should not have left it on the coffee table last night :mad:. Crap! Now I have to order a new one.

Hope all of you are enjoying your weekend. I plan to continue with some layout scenery...maybe even start a new kit.

Hang-tough, Chris! You can only do so much and the rest is up to the boss above:).

Carey: email on the way.
 
Had a surprise when I went outside this morning. Seems our dogs wanted to read the manual for the new camera and went through the pages, ripping and tearing, little piles of sorted pages here and there:eek:. I knew that I should not have left it on the coffee table last night :mad:. Crap! Now I have to order a new one.

Hope all of you are enjoying your weekend. I plan to continue with some layout scenery...maybe even start a new kit.

Hang-tough, Chris! You can only do so much and the rest is up to the boss above:).

Carey: email on the way.

Well if they read the manual, then they should be made to show you how to work the damn camera then:mad:;):rolleyes:!

I know the boss up stairs in charge but, I might have to stand on the street corner with my cardboard sign!"Divorced, the exwife took everything need $$ help!":D I'm thinking very hard of doing it!
 


Chris It's a bummer at the mo trying to find work, i am desperate to find a part time job that pays anything above the minimum wage i earn at the one i do now, FWIW i earn about £90 a week for my morning job and about the same for my fire service job, combined thats about 3 times less than i earned at Paccar but times are tough, good luck fella in your job hunting.

Rex lmao your dogs must be related to my cat, it's just torn the newspaper to shreds in his hunt for invisible mice

Check This Out ignore the stupid advert at the start
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top