Ye OLE Coffee SHOPEE XXVI

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
As usual, something else came up. I had to take my mother to a company sponsored dinner.

The dinner went off just fine. Just an early Christmas dinner. One of those grab a seat where you can type deals. I had a nice comfortable padded office chair and there was plenty to eat. I didn't want to leave but I still had to go by the pharmacy in town to see if they had my syringes in yet. They did. I brought enough food home to last a day or two.
 
Well its gonna be an interesting next few days. Work on the layout has been suspended until after Christmas. My wife has a ton of Honeydos that she wants done. NOW!;)

Talk about the weather! Its supposed to go to 65 here today with partly cloudy skies, winds NNW 15-25MPH. Tommorrow is supposed to be a little cooler, with Friday cooler still. Then the fun starts! The weather guessers here are predicting rain late Friday night, changing over to snow for Christmas, and flurries into Sunday. There are possiblities of up to an inch in some areas around here in B'ham, and areas south. This is real interesting because since records have been kept here starting in 1880, other than a few Christmases with trace amounts, there has never been a white Christmas here in the classic sense.

The bread and milk panic has begun!:D
 
I remember those bread and milk panics specially after the blizzard of 1977/78. Every time a severe winter weather alert was issued there was a run on everythlng at all of the food stuff places. Now it is not nearly as bad because they have cried WOLF to many times. Even if we do get some icy roads or heavy snow they are usually cleared, well at least passable, in one or two days. Me I usually have a spare gallon of milk in the garage fridge and at least one maybe two loafs of bread in the freezer.
 


Bread & milk panic,,,,,schmanic! :p

Less than 3 miles to the Royal Farms store,,,bout the same to the supermarket. If the Ranger can't get there, the John Deere can! I've got a set of thermal lined Carharts that can keep me warm!! We're supposed to get the white stuff Saturday night into Sunday. I say bring it on! I don't have to go anywhere after Saturday anyhoo! :D
 
Hey all! just waanted to wish everyone a happy christmas and new year! Hey Karl I can fire up my old case and go wherever I want. And mine has a heater and an FM radio. There are some benefits to being a poor old farmer's son. I just have to keep it plugged in whenever I stop or I will never get the thing started. Jeffrey,I got those construction vehicles and I already know where everything is going. I am goiing to modify one of the wheel loaders into a tree hauler, and the ohter one is going to be used as a loader and unloader at a pulp mill. I also have a rural sawmill setup coming to to make the log car even more usefull. Pick up at one switch, and leave at two others. That will make for some interesting work. Plus as I add structures to my mill and my pulp mill I will have more expanstions like a paper plant, and other things. My meds havve been working better since I changed a couple of them. Now I can concentrate a lot better.
 
Jeffrey,I got those construction vehicles and I already know where everything is going. I am goiing to modify one of the wheel loaders into a tree hauler, and the ohter one is going to be used as a loader and unloader at a pulp mill.
Glad you like them. I had no place for them here and they were just languishing in a box in the closet.
 


hey all I like this new place it seems just like the old one.

In other news stopped by a local jeweler today and got most of the set up work done on an engagement ring from my gf. Got the stones band and settings all set just need to find a bank to rob to pay for it.
 
The First Edition - 1968. Kenny Rogers, Mickey Jones, Terry Williams, Mike Settle, Thelma Camacho. Later they changed the name to Kenny Rogers and the First Edition. I didn't have to look that up either. My sister was nuts about Kenny Rogers at the time.
 
About 25 years ago the 1st wife dragged me (Mr Rock & Roll) kicking and screaming to a concert to see Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton together.
There were a lot of women nuts about him. Dolly had guys throwing roses to her, Kenny had women throwing brassiers! :eek:

Good thing Dolly didn't,,,,she might have knocked him out!!:eek:

And yes, I did enjoy the concert!:)
 
CJ,

The weather guessers are calling for snow flurries as far south as Mobile for Sat night. You know how bad B'ham is with a little snow, can you imagine what a couple inches of snow would do to Mobile? That would be a hoot!

Well my 2 littlest grandkids are enroute with there Dad to spend Christmas with us. We will have to see if the weather effects there plan to go to there other grandparents on Christmas Day.

Glenn
 
I get to deliver a motor home in the mountains Friday afternoon. I only hope the weather holds off until after I drop it off, I don't want to go sliding down the side of a mountain...
Our company Christmas party, excuse me, luncheon, is tomorrow at noon. They stopped serving booze a couple of years ago after the "ice bucket incident". Too bad they won't tell me what that incident was, it sounds interesting.;)
I stopped in to pick up the cake I ordered last week, and found out they sold it to somebody else:mad:. They gave me a different one off-the-shelf, but it's not what I wanted. It seems to be not uncommon around here to have this happen. I guess it could be worse, at least I got a cake...:rolleyes:
 
Hi Guys!

Okay...some of you need to send some of that snow my way. Not PAST me...the mountains just beyond me are getting hammered. Crested Butte is supposed to get 8 feet by tomorrow. Denver...? Nada.

We had a real blizzard two days ago. Snowed so hard that I could actually count the flakes. All 17 of them! :o

I wanted a white Christmas, but unless I head to AL, LA or up to Canada...that's not going to happen.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying warm. Rex...thanks for the terrific update on Jim. I miss reading him here!

Sandy
 
I've been researching logging machinery online, and there is a ton of things online that I can build. I'm also researching other things on this site for ideas. Where's everybody's layouts at in the construction process? I have a loop of track, a 4X8 sheet of plywood and a few switches and other supporting accessories. nowmaking them all work together. NIte!!
 
12/23/2010

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png
anim_snoopy.png
1.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
Diner.png
waitress3.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png


:rolleyes:
 


Morning gang!
Did a little weathering yesterday, mainly as a tease for a fellow club member. He's always running these pretty, slightly shiney SF units on the club layout. Mind you, we are an east coast club running mostly eastern stuff, so we gtive him quite a bit of ribbing over his warbonnets. After a discussion the other day on weathering, I cobbled this dummy unit together from parts from my locomotive boneyard, the weathered it. Next club show, he's gonna get an unexpected midtrain helper!:eek:
I can't wait to see his face!!!:D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top