WPF 22 Oct - 01 Nov 2010

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


DSCN2107.jpg
 


Gary, great scene love the crew change!
What did you use for the fence?
Jerome great job on the BB but looks a little long for a switcher...;)
 
We are supposed to hit a record high of 84 today, but looking at that snow scene made me shiver. Great shot.
 
Gary, great scene love the crew change!
What did you use for the fence?

Thanks Rico....I used materials that I already had lying around, for the cross members I used 1/16 x.014 copper tubing and for the posts I used 2 inch Brad Nails which I cut down to an inch and three quarters...I then soldered the nails to the tubing at 2 inch spacings...After the frame was finished I gave it a couple of coats of silver paint...I then cut and affixed aluminum screen with fine silver wire.
 


So after seeing this picture, I wanted to recreate this train
be488195.jpg


I finished the first unit the 470 MEC
c1a2606f.jpg

This was a walthers gp9m decaled as BM 380 ( not a real engine) so I redecaled it and I'm detailing it as I go....

Also this wonderful picture was not taken by me. I thank Ken for taking a great picture!
 


I stuck this one in the -2 thread but it can go here as well.
A Gp38-2 and SD40-2B bring up the rear of an eastbound consist crossing the Wallace River in late summer, 1996. Of course a cloud came the same time as the train.
IMG_1914.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top