ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Nice to be able to set up different time periods on the diorama.
Great collection! I see lots of HO wagons there too!
As we get to installment 10 of the Walthers wagon series, we arrive at #933-1369, the pole wagon. Red resin casting with some detail parts to add, most notably some wooden poles. This one is missing a support and a couple of poles.


3/4" Arthur Bros. Charging Tiger.
This is No.34 wagon. Also known as 'Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater or Little Red Riding Hood, both handpainted on this wagon.
Spencer Bros. 3/4" Giraffe wagon. Needs some TLC as do most of the wagons in the collection. They spent 30 years being stored improperly in Florida.
Wagon No.99 is a Big Top Generator wagon. It is pictured in the working and loaded positions. 3/4" Inch scale
Those 3/4" wagons ( and flat cars ) are amazing!!! I can't even imagine the work that goes into them. One doesn't exactly order the kit and glue it together...lol Where in Florida did they come from?
I particularly like the generator wagon. I have the ho version, not nearly so detailed, wheels are turning...
Those 3/4" wagons ( and flat cars ) are amazing!!! I can't even imagine the work that goes into them. One doesn't exactly order the kit and glue it together...lol Where in Florida did they come from?
The Spencer Bros. Circus came from Gibtown Fl., by way of Carnival ownere and circus fan Jim Elliott. He had them stored in a shipping container for at least 25-30 years. He had got them from a relative of the original builder. They are amazing works of art and are a very proud part of my collection. More of these wagons and trains to come....
In the collection was another generator No.59. This wagon was in bad shape, the doors were all warped and the interior was as well. I am currently rebuilding it and plan to change it from wooden wheels to pneumatic tires.
Here is the wagon after being gutted and having the old doors removed.
Here is what the scratch built generator looks like removed from the body. Amazing as the original builder put a lot of work into using mostly wood for the project.
I used regular Elmer's woof filler to fill holes that will either be re-drilled or just disappear.
I cut and fitted 10 new doors. Not an easy task as the model doorways are not exactly square.
I had a friend cast me some wheels from a master he had. I believe the starting point was wheels from a 'Nylint' truck. This is the wagon as it sits today. Need to add hardware, undergear and then it's off to the paint shop. The last thing I'll do is the interior details.
Your restoration process looks very thorough! So happy you're able to save these awesome pieces of history!
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)