ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
The half stock/half flat is an awesome build! And your photography always looks so real.
Thank you. This model was photographed outside on a single track diorama.
Here is the 2 car, 1901 era Trapino Bros Train. The stock/flat is scratchbuilt while the combine is kit-bashed. This photo was taken outdoors on my winter high bridge diorama.
With 10" of snow predicted for us today, I thought I'd run this picture of my Trapino Bros. Train on a nice sunny summer afternoon. Photo taken outdoors on a 2 foot by 4 foot diorama.
This was the wagon building and repair shops on the winter-quarters diorama.
Here's another Life-Like dog wagon conversion. The wagon was cut apart and the fake plastic cage insert was removed. I replaced it with mesh and added the stalls and dogs. I also changed the wheels to the carnival type.
And yet one more LL dog wagon conversion. This is the The Monkey dept. cage now with canvas and poles for their tent. Added screen grill and closed off some of the cage openings. Carny type wheels and skyboard added.
Although it is not yet finished, here is yet another LL dog wagon. This now serves as animal dept. baggage. With a little work and imagination, one can find many ways to convert these nice little wagons...
The two car show on the high bridge looks awesome! About the right weather for today too, right?
The sunny day pic is very appealing today! Great looking train! I don't recognize the white wagon...
The wagon building looks good in sepia, nice and old.
The converted LL dog wagons are one my favorites things that you do! Such a great final product!
The sunny day pic is very appealing today! Great looking train! I don't recognize the white wagon...
It was built using old Cracker Jacks prizes for the sides. I did about 10 different versions of them and have sold most of them.
I'll take one if you have one left for sale.
I'll take one if you have one left for sale.
I've whittled everything down to where I can manage it now, so unfortunately I have nothing for sale at the time. Sorry my friend.
Do you still do custom/client work Johnny?
Do you still do custom/client work Johnny?
No, I consider myself retired now and with grandchildren, there just isn't enough quality time left to devote to it.

Congrats on the retirement! 4 grandkids here.
I got a couple of baggage cars I was hoping I could pay you to convert into the GCT open air observation cars for me...
Here is another of the 'Cracker Jack' wagons built using the old toys as side carvings for the wagons. You can clearly see that this was a plastic pendant.
Detailing the interiors was a must on the old winter quarters....
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)