enjineerbill
Avid People Watcher
I was looking at the timber planks for the wagon tyres on the flat cars. Did you make them up yourself? If so what material did you use? I'm converting a number of Walthers 89' flats to ITTX machinery cars with chain tiedowns
Toot, I'm assuming you mean the long planks as shown in the white arrows. These in the photos so far are the stock Walthers plastic ones, they have long scribed lines to simulate the wooden planks that were used for wagon and equipment treads. I modify these by adding the 10' and 12' lengths by scribing cross lines into them. They will all be aged with acrylics for a better 'wood' look.
The 89' flats really didn't utilize these types of 'runners' as the cars went quickly from being loaded 'circus' style(ramps and rolled over car to car to position) to being loaded with cranes and various mobile lifters which set the cars in place. The Ringling trains and James E. Strates carnival train have steel decking on them in todays world.
Does this help?
