When reality hits home.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


There's nothing wrong with a little modification. I started my layout hand laying code 70 rail in HO scale. As the layout moved forward, I ended up having to tear out some track and sidings to make room for buildings and industries. Unfortunately, my spike gun took a dump, and I had to us Shinohara code 70 to finish the layout, but sometimes a few changes can make a big difference in operation and in scenery. It worked out that the changes were well worth the effort.

In the final town, I had an original plan and started putting building kits together, but with some of the new kits coming out, the plan changed, for the best. The buildings have been completed minus signs. Once the track is ballasted, the "concrete" streets can be put down, and then comes the detail work. Another change well worth while.

attachment.php
attachment.php


attachment.php
attachment.php
 
Most I can get to work on my layout is 20-30 minutes at a time perhaps a night or two during the week, and maybe a few hours on the weekend. I always have a list of 3-4 things I'm working on. When I hit the wall, or complete one of them, I move on to another one, or start a new project.
 
The way I do projects might be somewhat unique. When I get a vision to scratch build a model in HO scale, I cannot stop until its finished. I eat and sleep, take little breaks, but basically, I'm in the zone until its completed.
 
The way I do projects might be somewhat unique. When I get a vision to scratch build a model in HO scale, I cannot stop until its finished. I eat and sleep, take little breaks, but basically, I'm in the zone until its completed.

I am normally the same, have to keep going until the job is done, no matter what I am doing.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top