It's location would narrow it down a bit.
Looks like shale to me.
Hi: Check out Scenic Express, they have a wide selection of rock molds. DJ.
What was wrong with the old Brunswick?Nevermind.
![]()
Could it be pre-cambrian schist?.......the rock I mean.
Raifan
(flunked geology)
The rocks looks like porfrey shale too me. It is soft and oxidizes badly when exposed to the elements. This might be something that is easier to carve. I think I'd try to go that route instead of the rock mold.
What material would you suggest carving?
I'd use the blue or pink foam and put a layer of plaster on it after getting the general shape and look you want. After the plaster sets you could do more carving to finish off the details.
On the other hand, if you have the rock available just make a mold...
Problem solved![]()
That's an idea worth considering and probably cost effective. Can you buy this blue or pink foam at places like Home Depot in small pieces?
As for my rocks, they are somewhere lost in storage.
